Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

20 hours ago, mademoiselle aka jessica said:
on.jpg the_real_jessica wrote:

I KNEW IT

From Peter Dinklage's Facebook 

How Can Tyrion Be A Targaryen? Dragon-Taming Moment Wasn’t The First Clue

Game of Thrones fans for a long time now have a theory that Tyrion Lannister could actually be a Targaryen. This goes all the way back to the Mad King Aerys Targaryen and Tyrion’s mother Joanna Lannister. According to the books the Mad King liked Joanna and they spent a lot of time together there were even rumors that Joanna was his mistress. In the books Tyrion’s portrait and his traits are described as if he was more Targaryen than Lannister. And there is also Tywin Lannister who hates Tyrion and maybe not just be cause Joanna died giving birth to him but maybe he secretly suspected that Tyrion wasn’t his son as Tywin repeated this phrase from time to time “No son of mine”.

And than there is the scene from Game of Thrones season 6 episode “Home” where Tyrion tells his story to chained dragons Viserion and Rhaegal of how he wanted a dragon when he was a boy and they listened to him. Tyrion being the only one besides Daenerys to communicate and calm down dragons. This adds a lot of spice for A+J=T theory and if you sum it all up it sounds really convincing but as always we’ll have to wait and see how this turns out so stay tuned in every Sunday night for further Game of Thrones season 6 episodes.

Good theory. Add to that the R+L=J theory... There we have 2 lost Targaryens... Plus Daenerys... There's your trio most people have expected to tie up the end of the story. And 3 dragons... 

And then all the prince that was promised / azor ahai / lightbringer theories... Man, I want to know how this ends so bad... :mellow: 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 eyed Raven is Brynden " Bloodriven " rivers.

His father was a targaryen and he possesses black sister.

Sword made of valerian steel.

His mother was 6th mistress to King aegon 4 targaryan.

Now here is the description of the man :

Brynden was born an albino with pale skin, white hair, and red eyes.. Because his skin was sensitive to light, he often walked around cloaked and hooded.

His mothers name was Melissa.

I now know why I was obsessed with Melisandre and the targaryens.

The real Melisandre looks exactly like that.

They both walk around cloaked and hooded.

Both have red eyes.

Melissa/ Melisandre.

Comments ?

• Like 1

They finally kill off Olly!

...But have make sure to outrage people who've read the books with the Rickon nonsense :vomit:. I mean, it's really just ridiculous that they had to go this route.

Were they really worried that people were going to favour Ramsay over Jon or something? For all the casual viewers who are going to try and argue afterwards that isn't going for shock value :crazy:.

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Tower of Joy was disappointing. They gave the Sword of the Morning two swords. For some reason TV sword fights have to give the "best swordsman" two swords. Dumb.

I was weirded out by that, but I got distracted afterwards when Bloodraven implied he was 1000 years old. I guess it's probable they'll never address who he is, but it is a bizarre thing to add in. D/D will probably say it was a interns idea on the blu-ray commentary.

Bets on Ramsay raping Osha or Rickon and/or both?

Edited by AtariLegend

why did they have to fuck it up.... why???????

copy that and put it to action and it is epic, instead we had some boring as duel sword wielding bullshit, and the rickon bullshit.....

45 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:

Of course they cut it off when Ned was going up the tower. Fuck. I wonder how many episodes (or seasons) till we see the rest of that. 

Remember last season when they had the Maggy the Frog flashback? 

Ceseri get's told she'll have 3 children who'll die (which is contradicted by the fact that D/D wrote in a throw away line about Cerseri having a 4th child die as an infant in season 1), then just happens not to get told the

Spoiler

Valonqar

bit which was the entire point of it all.

• Like 1

They tried to make Ned appear "Not as honorable as he seems" in The Tower of Joy. Did they forget that it wasn't Ned who stabbed Dayne in the back? Ned killed him out of mercy. These assholes don't even bother watching their own show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

They tried to make Ned appear "Not as honorable as he seems" in The Tower of Joy. Did they forget that it wasn't Ned who stabbed Dayne in the back? Ned killed him out of mercy. These assholes don't even bother watching their own show.

plus they make ned seem hostile and slightly cocky with his "now it ends" line, when in the book ned said that with sadness. the kings guard were loyal and good men who did as their prince commanded, and stayed true to their vow's, ned being honorable saw this and it saddened him that it came to this.

On 09/05/2016 at 0:32 PM, AtariLegend said:

Remember last season when they had the Maggy the Frog flashback? 

Ceseri get's told she'll have 3 children who'll die (which is contradicted by the fact that D/D wrote in a throw away line about Cerseri having a 4th child die as an infant in season 1), then just happens not to get told the

Reveal hidden contents

Valonqar

bit which was the entire point of it all.

You're right. But I still hope they won't leave that scene at that... I mean, come on. They could "make up for" the bit you're talking about with some (bad) writting, but what possibly happens in that tower... I can't see it being told any other way... all the people involved are dead and can't tell the story or have a bad line mentioning it out of nowhere or anything...

7 hours ago, Deb Rose said:

You're right. But I still hope they won't leave that scene at that... I mean, come on. They could "make up for" the bit you're talking about with some (bad) writting, but what possibly happens in that tower... I can't see it being told any other way... all the people involved are dead and can't tell the story or have a bad line mentioning it out of nowhere or anything...

Howland Reed is an obvious key in the books, since he's still alive and repeatedly mentioned, but hasn't shown up yet.

Theirs also the question of whether Ashara Dayne fits into any of this, if at all. I doubt she'll ever be mentioned in the show though.

Spoiler

R+L=J

will probably be confirmed by the end of the season anyway.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Honestly, if they picked up the pace... we'd be complaining about them going all out to spoil the books or something to that extent.

At least this way very little is spoiled and most of it, is what you already assumed what would happen anyway... see Jon's rise from the grave (minus the circumstances).

They're going to do a lot of AFFC material that they skipped over later in the season and I think it's pretty easy to see that Jon is going to end up with a hybrid version of Stannis's ADWD material too. We're being re-introduced to the houses like Karstark, Umbers with Wyman Manderly mentioned and others to follow just like ADWD (only with the chess pieces on different sides).

Then theirs other stuff that has nothing to do with the source material.

The show's story is being advanced, but it's very all misleading as far spoilers go. It's not spoiling the books so far... maybe in episode 10 there'll be something though.

I don't count finding out who Jon's mother is as a spoiler either, unless it's a complete swerve.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I hope the pacing picks up. They have to realize that not everyone watching this show is on Ritalin. 

Coming after the dissaster TWD season 6 with its ultra slow pace and many filler, this show feels very fast. 

Just now, NachoLZ said:

Coming after the dissaster TWD season 6 with its ultra slow pace and many filler, this show feels very fast. 

As someone who unfortunately is a wrestling fan, The slow Walking cop-out filler isn't as bad by comparison.

I think the High Sparrow scenes is what slows it down. Though I never liked his scenes in the book in the first place.

It is strange how my predictions are coming true, especially with the Vale finally coming into play. Though I know it will play out differently, I think the writers wanted Sansa to reunite with Jon early and not have Stannis in the way. 

Also Jon's death and "rebirth" is nothing new to the hero cycle. George has big plans for him. He was always called the true Stark in the books. Having more of the North in him than any of his siblings save Arya who looks more like him than any of her siblings. 

3 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

So GOT is crazy fast for you?

The plot holes are.

Glad to see gay Lorras broken tonight. I guess no one on the small council has asked yet why it's strange for the squire who helps Lorras dress has seen his birth mark.

For anyone wondering why Osha was brought back to be immediately killed off two minutes later, the red herring... was when George said he liked the show's portrayal of her and would give her more to do in the books. They ruined the pink letter moment too :(. One last thing about the books too... pretty sure theirs more purpose to Danny going to Vaes Dothrak than just having her get naked and step into a fire again. They're obviously cutting it out off the show, thus... making it look like it's just filler.

I was amused by Tormund looking at Brienne, like he had just fell in love. Oh and look who's taller than Littlefinger now...

http://www.jjuliamaiyal.net/images/GameThrones/Houses/Robert_Arryn.jpg

Edited by AtariLegend