Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

The last season or two mini-seasons are going to be a mess. It will be strange watching it knowing George RR Martin, if he ever finishes, it won't be like this. I know fans complain about Dany in the last episode. She is NOT immune to fire. That scene in the first season was result of blood magic. But after that she can burn like the rest of them. But I am guessing they didn't have the money to have Drogon come down and burn the place. It is funny we get scenes of dragons and they disappear and will come back when convenient. It is another example of the writers throwing away the source material. They followed it relatively closely for four seasons but from five and up it went off course. I am not too worried about spoilers. I just think what we will see is something similar to what happens in the books but is nothing that I myself haven't already depicted. They just changed things around. Stannis was killed off in favor of Jon. Jeyne Pool was replaced by Sansa. 

It is amazing how they have no regard for geography. Westeros is HUGE and the North is almost as big as the southern part. But they don't care. Teleport Sansa from the Vale to Winterfell so they can have her where they need her without casting a new part. 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 major book fan theories confirmed, 2 book chapters butchered, alot happens and plot holes galore... probably the best episode of the season though.

I'm probably the only though more upset about

Spoiler

Summer

than

Spoiler

Hodor.

Nit picky comment;

Spoiler

I know people will like set piece, but I don't know why they couldn't just the Obsidian Arrows and torches (as per book) rather than throwing fire balls. It also would have been cool if they didn't include The Night's King in the episode promo they released last week.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The origin of the Others (White Walkers) and the "hold the door".

Check. Didn't read much on any of those two before this ep. I've read a fair bit of theories, but not these. Cool! 

Did you guys watched a leak episode or something? 

I will say good things. They got the Ironborn right. It was much better than the Dorne storyline. I did like the Sansa/Jon scenes but if they get any more mushy gushy I am going to have to eat a piece of that bitter 86% cocoa chocolate bar in my fridge. 

The last scene was depressing. 

What an episode. The last scene was fucking amazing, the origin of the name Hodor and everything and how it was written. So moving, was so sad and so very well acted and delivered into the show. 

Edited by Forsaken

Holy fuck that was good

11 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Oh just be nitpicky again. Considering the story is set in a medieval timeline and this is a vision of the past 12,000 or so years prior... 

Hide contents

YoJYfVP.jpg

That's good hair gel.

So was that the nights king?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Holy fuck that was good

So was that the nights king?

good question, not really sure but in the show version it might be. does any other book reader find the whole nights king stuff in the tv show weird?

11 hours ago, bran said:

good question, not really sure but in the show version it might be. does any other book reader find the whole nights king stuff in the tv show weird?

They're not the same characters. Night's King mentioned in old nan's tale is not the TV character they've created.

Martin basically said on his blog when asked... that the character mentioned briefly (in the books) is along the same lines as the character Bran the builder, no more likely to be alive. He's also repeatedly went on about how the story isn't about dark lords.

In the books the character is called "The Night's King", because he was the 13th lord commander of the night's watch and declared himself king. In the show it's more likely they just thought it was a cool name.

Notice how we don't actually get the scene where bloodraven (who's implied to have sat in a tree for a 1000 years according to the show) tell Bran who The Night's King is?

14 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Did you guys watched a leak episode or something? 

I will say good things. They got the Ironborn right. It was much better than the Dorne storyline. 

Leaked episode, what leaked episode? :no:

You say they got the Iron Born right, but they butchered the speeches and everyone seems to be okay with Euron killing Balon for some reason. 

That was a long drowning too, if she and Theon escaped with the entire fleet... that fast.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

They're not the same characters. Night's King mentioned in old nan's tale is not the TV character they're created.

Martin basically said on his blog when asked... that the character mentioned briefly (in the books) is along the same lines as the character Bran the builder, no more likely to be alive. He's also repeatedly went on about how the story isn't about dark lords.

In the books the character is called "The Night's King", because he was the 13th lord commander of the night's watch and declared himself king. In the show it's more likely they just thought it was a cool name.

Notice how we don't actually get the scene where bloodraven (who's implied to have sat in a tree for a 1000 years according to the show) tell Bran who The Night's King is?

Leaked episode, what leaked episode? :no:

You say they got the Iron Born right, but they butchered the speeches and everyone seems to be okay with Euron killing Balon for some reason. 

That was a long drowning too, if she and Theon escaped with the entire fleet... that fast.

that is why i find it weird :lol: 

Just watched the Inside the episode;

They're definitely different characters and the guy who we see in the ritual is the "Night King"... that has nothing to do with "The Night's King" per the books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg

If anyone has ever seen the extended version (with commentary) of "Return of The King" and remembers the part where Peter Jackson decided it wasn't a good idea to have Sauron turn up at the end and have a sword fight with Aragorn? D/D felt differently with asoiaf.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deb Rose said:

Well, that was the first time I cried watching GoT. And here I thought I was ready for anything.

I can't believe they killed off Summer :cry:. Direwolfs must be more expensive than Dragons.

I wonder if Bran/Meera will encounter anyone while their fleeing.

Edited by AtariLegend
Replaced They with Direwolfs
  • Like 2

Also he hopes to chop down the remaining trees to build ships and hope to catch up with the fleet in time. What trees? And how long will take take? The same amount of time it took Littlefinger to go from the Mountains of Vale (possibly Bloody Gate) all the way the fuck to Molestown, way the fuck up in the North? Sure he could have taken a ship but still he got there in no time.

• Like 1

I think George will reveal more about The Others in the next book than the show will give. He only gives them abstract information. The Nights King might be a title the writers gave to their leader. It is clear they know little about them. George is saving the big reveal for his next book. 

The biggest reveal was Hodor's name. Again the writers said he just gave them abstract details, we don't know the whole story. 

5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I can't believe they killed off Summer :cry:. Direwolfs must be more expensive than Dragons.

I wonder if Bran/Meera will encounter anyone while their fleeing.

I know. Everytime a direwolf dies I feel sad. I've always felt sad about animals dying and nothing really about humans, in any movie or TV show (even in real life most of the times). 

Spoiler

But Hodor... oh Hodor. Heartbreaking.

Not that he died, cause everyone is gonna die on this show, but how he went and the whole story behind the name and shit.

I expect Bran and Meera to fuck themselves now. I mean, the night king or whoever the fuck that is has marked him, so he can find him anywhere, right? Meera has to pull the kid around and fight all on her own... there is no more Summer to attack anyone and no more Hodor for Bran to warg into and be helpful in the fight... so... I don't know. Never liked Bran, now I like him even less.

best episode so far

as soon as i heard ''hold the door'', i fucking knew it

r.i.p. hodor, summer & old tree man

edit: just realized that the episodes name was ''the door''. makes it even more tragic...

Edited by AslatIE

25 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:

I know. Everytime a direwolf dies I feel sad. I've always felt sad about animals dying and nothing really about humans, in any movie or TV show (even in real life most of the times). 

Reveal hidden contents

But Hodor... oh Hodor. Heartbreaking.

Not that he died, cause everyone is gonna die on this show, but how he went and the whole story behind the name and shit.

I expect Bran and Meera to fuck themselves now. I mean, the night king or whoever the fuck that is has marked him, so he can find him anywhere, right? Meera has to pull the kid around and fight all on her own... there is no more Summer to attack anyone and no more Hodor for Bran to warg into and be helpful in the fight... so... I don't know. Never liked Bran, now I like him even less.

Show watchers probably shouldn't click on this, incase it happens.

Spoiler

If Bran is marked... logic dictates he'll head back to The Wall. However since "The Others" can find him now where ever he goes and presumably cross magical barriers...

I'm pretty sure Meera will have help though pulling Bran :P.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Show watchers probably shouldn't click on this, incase it happens.

Reveal hidden contents

If Bran is marked... logic dictates he'll head back to The Wall. However since "The Others" can find him now where ever he goes and presumably cross magical barriers...

I'm pretty sure Meera will have help though pulling Bran :P.

Yeah, things aren't looking that great for him. I really can't think of anyone who's ready to go beyond the Wall and fight the walkers yet. The best bet, Jon, is now preoccupied with Rickon and he's heading South, so he's out of the question. There's Daenerys' dragons, but it'll probably be another 3 seasons till she gets her ass to Westeros. Most likely someone like Benjen Stark will appear and help out, and also maybe give some more backstory to the whole Tower of Joy/Lyanna thing. But that has to happen pretty quickly and he better have dragonglass and/or an army.

But by the looks of it, we're just going to get more naked women.