bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really curious what happens next

Definitely a great episode, the battle was intense as fuck

I can only hope that Littlefinger doesn't put his dingus in Sansa, though

Wun Wun was a true hero, Rickon's character turned out to be completely pointless (even Hodor makes more sense in this show than "a true Stark" who doesn't even have a line...), Daenerys is the true boss, Jon Snow is a loser compared to her, Theon and Yara must have booked a private jet for Mereen lol

PS. the end is near for Melisandre, imho. Davos will skullfuck her, lol

Edited by Strange Broue

Last week killed a lot of my hype. Bad editing, bone headed story decisions with Arya and The Riverlands, etc.

However, The Battle of the Bastard was perfect imo. Masterpiece and best episode of the series. It was predictable and played out how you would have guessed, but the execution was perfect in every way. The Rickon scene wasn't for shock value, but held a purpose. The special effects were amazing. The music and sound design was phenominal and the episode had scenes where there was no music... perfect! The battle itself was gritty and the most authentic medieval style war I've seen on the screen. It wasn't heroic, you didn't feel good after it was over. It was brutal, dirty, and watch. Finally, all of the actors and actresses were on point. Jon was a badass, Sansa was great, and Ramsay was excellent. Great character payoffs, too. Even seeing Dany earlier was great.

• Like 1

Wun wun.... :(

But that episode was fucking spectacular. Stellar battle. 

Am I the only one not giving a shit about Rickon? I mean yeah it was sadistic and all. But I really can't be sad over the character. Didn't care for him at all since he hardly had any screen time in any season. 

Edited by username

I want to know why didn't Mel do anything. Didn't even try to read a fire to help a little. Why should Jon even keep her around then, since he doesn't even want to be brought back? She should show some effort. Give birth to more shadow babies to kill the right people this time. :lol:

On 24/06/2016 at 0:08 PM, username said:

I'm not sure it'd fit the story at this point. But I'm all for anything involving Carice van Houten's vagina. 

But this time Mel would have to be in her old lady form to do it. Hahahaha Let's see how you like that. :lol::o

Littlefinger: "Who should the North rally behind? The true born daughter of Ned and Catelyn, or a motherless bastard born in the south?"

Lyanna Mormont: "But House Mormont remembered. The North remembers. We know no king but the King in the North, who's name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my kind from this day until his last day."

In your face!

This week's episode is the best of the season by far. But I think it was at the expense of the other episodes. They wanted to write such a great finale that everything else was subpar.

I am probably the only one who wasn't thrilled with Battle of the Bastards. Too much shaky, cam and it made me think of Braveheart and Saving Private Ryan. I don't really want to think about other movie battles when I watch battle scenes. Little too much "Ramsay is too good at everything" The Mereen scene was great, except for the whole Harpies slaughtering random people outside the gates. They appeared unarmed. I guess they needed to show Dothraki being bad ass. 

So Dany is going to let "Yara" be Queen of the Iron Islands? I guess she will be fine with Jon being King in the North? Also will the Westrosi people feel when she unleashes a Dothradki Horde upon them?

I really want to know George's take on the Battle for Winterfell and Mereen. I am certain Stannis will be present in the book. Also Stannis won over House Glover, Manderley (through Davos), half the Umbers, Morment, Flint and the Northern Hill Tribes. Along with some Wildlings.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

There was really no point of bringing up that Ramsay's men follow him in fear, when Ramsay seemed to have pretty good control throughout the battle. Why set it up with no pay off? I was expecting maybe Umber defecting to Jon's side. Maybe House Glover shows up. Instead we get Knights of the Vale that Sansa stupidly did not tell Jon about, which probably would have saved more lives. We got a great battle scene, but storywise it was a mess. 

• Like 2

Daenarys has become the mad queen. I believe she is now one of the main villains. She's emotionless, power-hungry, and will unleash a bunch of savages on her homeland who do nothing but rape and pillage (oh but they promised they wouldn't...). Really unlikable character. Jon Snow and Sansa are the real heroes, but I'd rather see the Night King win than Daenarys!