Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a lot of time this season to catch your breath. a storm of swords was the best book of the song of ice and fire series IMO since the book's pacing was unbelievable and the amount of twists and turns the book takes is crazy, when you think their is a let up, something else big happens.

also a friendlier reminder this is the non spoiler thread, their is another thread that also has book discussion that i will bump shortly.

• Like 1

I was planning on reading books 1-3 before the season premiere, only managed to read the first :P

Re-watched the series instead. However I do know a couple of big things happening, I'm really bad at avoiding spoilers, they're everywhere!

LiveFromNormal, why go see an early screening? Now you have to wait 3 weeks for a new episode?

I was planning on reading books 1-3 before the season premiere, only managed to read the first :P

Re-watched the series instead. However I do know a couple of big things happening, I'm really bad at avoiding spoilers, they're everywhere!

LiveFromNormal, why go see an early screening? Now you have to wait 3 weeks for a new episode?

I don't really mind waiting 3 weeks for a new episode. A friend of mine asked me to come with her to the premier (she's a huge GoT fan) so I said fuck it and just went.

It was cool, HBO sponsored it and their team was there. They handed out autographed posters and box set DVDs of seasons 1-3

I don't really mind waiting 3 weeks for a new episode. A friend of mine asked me to come with her to the premier (she's a huge GoT fan) so I said fuck it and just went.

It was cool, HBO sponsored it and their team was there. They handed out autographed posters and box set DVDs of seasons 1-3

Its almost like you want us to hate you :lol:

Its almost like you want us to hate you :lol:

I almost got one of the box sets but some fat bitch in front of me snagged it first :P

I've read that S4 will be based on Storm of Swords 2 and A Feast For Crows - is that correct?

I'm currently about half-way through A Dance For Dragons 1, albeit I stopped reading the book for a long time because I feel it just doesn't compete with A Game of Thrones-Storm of Swords.

I've read that S4 will be based on Storm of Swords 2 and A Feast For Crows - is that correct?

I'm currently about half-way through A Dance For Dragons 1, albeit I stopped reading the book for a long time because I feel it just doesn't compete with A Game of Thrones-Storm of Swords.

SoS 2 with brief parts of AFFC.

S5 looks to be ADWD 1 and the remainder of Crows due to the concurrent timeline that meets up halfway through ADWD.

SoS 2 with brief parts of AFFC.

S5 looks to be ADWD 1 and the remainder of Crows due to the concurrent timeline that meets up halfway through ADWD.

looks like pieces of ADWD as well. read that d+d think the show will go 7 seasons(maybe 8)

so looks like

season 4: last parts of storm, parts of a feast for crows, and some parts of a dance with dragons.

season 5: most of a dance with dragons and the rest of a feast for crows

season 6; the winds of winter

season 7: a dream of spring

might be hard if the winds of winter and a dream of spring are storm length especially if it has the same pacing as storms. this doesnt even take in the fact that martin may need a 8th books(which i think it will) to finish the series.

i think all this means is martin needs to hurry the fuck up.

Edited by bran

no clue last i heard it was being "mixed" hopefully jari bought some more ram sticks :lol:

as for bran he is already past his storm story arc, so im not sure how much we will get. his storm story arc ends with sam showing up at the nightfort and telling them about the secret entrance in the fort that leads north of the wall(episode 10) bran isn't in a feast for crows and he only has 3 chapters in a dance with dragons, so i do not know what they are going to do with him to be honest.

i do like his character and like where it ends up, it takes an unexpected turn.

Edited by bran

Martin has Axl syndrome.

also known as jari maenpaa disease :P

Speaking of which, WHERE THE FUCK IS TIME II?

On topic: I hope they don't waste much time with Bran this season. Does anyone give even the slightest fuck about him?

Yes, I think he's one of the most interesting characters. Much more so than for example Dany Dragonmom. He can shut down hodor with his mind damnit! :D

I really liked Bran chapters. I liked how they advanced the myth arc. There is an overload of politics at this point. I think more secondary characters need to be killed off soon.

(Are all the new greyjoys really necessary? Perhaps the pirate guy is the plot device that brings Daenerys to Westeros. But Connington etc?

• 2 weeks later...