Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like some of the new twists they put in the show. the martells hating the lannisters instead of the martells vs tyrells in the books. also the arya/hound fight scene. the part where arya stabs polliver was pretty dark. i do miss the scene in the book where she stabs the shit out of the tickler while screaming his interrogation dialogue.

Just caught the premier today. Thought it was pretty good, about just as good as the best moments from S3. Though as most of you are saying, it looks like it will pick up pretty soon. Side note: am I the only one who's sort of lost interest in GoT? I mean, I enjoyed watching it, and I'll continue to do so, but the mainstreamness of it really bugs me. The ad campaign is absurd, and the amount of people who watch the show but don't pay attention is absurd as well. I heard a girl who claimed to be a "big fan" not know who Hodor was when someone asked some related question. Not that some viewers are less than others, but when you're used to watching shows like Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and OC, I can't imagine you have the mental fortitude to properly handle GoT (not trying to say that it's mainly women who are guilty of this, because I think plenty of men are too, just couldn't think of as good examples). Anyway, anytime someone mentions GoT I just sort of roll my eyes - maybe I'm just being a dick?

About time we see some Dornish people. I can't wait to see the new Mountain.

I also like the Daario recast. That other guy was just too unlikable. This Daario looks like someone you could have a beer with.

I actually did not like the recast. The other guy was badass, and seemed like someone you would not want to have a beer with. As a character (or at least as how he was introduced in S3) I think being sort of a "I don't want to mess with that guy" type is better than a "hey let's grab a Miller sometime" guy.

Well the last guy who played Daario didn't seem bad ass. He kept getting upstaged by Sers Jorah and Selmy. The new cast is welcoming because the guy is a better actor and he actually has chemistry with Emilia Clarke. The other guy looked like Fabio. Daario is suppose to be a cool guy who gets on people's nerves yet can charm the ladies. This new actor is a lot better for it.

And don't be bothered by the people who watch GOT. Just watch it for yourself.

Having not read the books i must admit during my first watch of seasons 1-3 it was really hard keeping up with all the different characters and plots. I sat and watched all 30 episodes in the space of 3 days my brain was completely fried at the end of it. I recently rewatched though and found it a LOT easier to keep up this time and noticed lots of little details I missed the first time around. Season 4 opener was great, best line had to be the Hound: "what the fucks a Lommy?"

• Like 1

Having not read the books i must admit during my first watch of seasons 1-3 it was really hard keeping up with all the different characters and plots. I sat and watched all 30 episodes in the space of 3 days my brain was completely fried at the end of it. I recently rewatched though and found it a LOT easier to keep up this time and noticed lots of little details I missed the first time around. Season 4 opener was great, best line had to be the Hound: "what the fucks a Lommy?"

Powering through is always bad as you miss so many details and don't have time to digest the episodes. I had the same problem with the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad and all of The Wire. Wasn't until I watched them again that I really appreciated them.

Just caught the premier today. Thought it was pretty good, about just as good as the best moments from S3. Though as most of you are saying, it looks like it will pick up pretty soon.

Episode 2 my friend, you won't be disappointed :)