Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure show fans love it, but anyone else wondering how if it's realistic for Arya to be stabbed that many times, lose that much blood and still be alive without some kind of magical explanation?

Not sure why Jon wouldn't just show his sword longclaw (that Jeor gave to him) to the Mormonts. Even in the show (season 1) they established that it was a family heirloom that was passed down each generation.

Oh I seen this pointed out somewhere else, I completely forgot about it too;

Jon was told in the show by Sam that Bran was still alive... that's kind of a big plot hole. Sure they'll probably meet up later, but I guess Jon wasn't really that bothered about Bran and probably forgot to tell Sansa?

Edited by AtariLegend

On 6/6/2016 at 0:17 PM, AtariLegend said:

I'm sure show fans love it, but anyone else wondering how if it's realistic for Arya to be stabbed that many times, lose that much blood and still be alive without some kind of magical explanation?

Not sure why Jon wouldn't just show his sword longclaw (that Jeor gave to him) to the Mormonts. Even in the show (season 1) they established that it was a family heirloom that was passed down each generation.

Oh I seen this pointed out somewhere else, I completely forgot about it too;

Jon was told in the show by Sam that Bran was still alive... that's kind of a big plot hole. Sure they'll probably meet up later, but I guess Jon wasn't really that bothered about Bran and probably forgot to tell Sansa?

yeah that is a pretty big plot hole. 

the only thing i could think of that could have save arya was maybe the coin purses, but the last wound, the waif twisted, which makes it far harder for the wound to close.

My money funnily enough would be Euron's 9 good men on the Iron Islands.

2 episodes ago they just had the entire Iron Born fleet (an awful lot of ships) with enough people to row them do a runner from Euron, (a priest who probably isn't Aeron) and alot less good men than Ramsay.

Euron's 9 good men>

Shirtless Ramsay>

Ramsay's 20 good men>

Less than 15 untrained Son's of The Harpy that killed Selmy and butchered the Unsullied/Grey Worm too>

They're a TV villain and we're afraid to kill them off>

Bad Writing>

Logic>

The Mountain>

CGI Budget>

Wun Wun>

Plot Armour.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

also thinking its not arya, jaqen told the waif not to let her suffer, and she proceeded to stab her in the stomach, and then presumably left her to suffer. it may have been a test from jaqen to the waif, as jaqen tested arya.

15 hours ago, bran said:

also thinking its not arya, jaqen told the waif not to let her suffer, and she proceeded to stab her in the stomach, and then presumably left her to suffer. it may have been a test from jaqen to the waif, as jaqen tested arya.

The only logic in any of it, is if Waif stabbed Jaqen. Who's playing a trick... because he wants Arya to actually kill people on her list (which is probably the whole point of this in the books). 

Which is why we shouldn't be surprised instead if it turns out simply that Arya is invulnerable to getting stabbed and the waif is just stupid.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bran said:

That makes sense.

On 6/9/2016 at 9:25 PM, AtariLegend said:

Which is why we shouldn't be surprised instead if it turns out simply that Arya is invulnerable to getting stabbed and the waif is just stupid.

Season is 90% stalling. I doubt George even told them what would happen.

The Riverlands Jamie/Brienne thing is a mess. They waited a season in a 1/2 too late to get this point, then tried to burn through it in 2 episodes... without any of the pay off.

Everything involving Tyrion has been filler this season, they speed ran through his ADWD material just to have him spend season 6 stalling until the siege.

They gave Jon, Stannis storyline.

Iron Born thing should have happened last year.

King's landing still hasn't overtaken the books. They ran as fast as they could into getting a naked Cerseri, but couldn't figure out what to do next.

They've spent 2 episodes doing material they should have done last season with Arya, then 6 episodes butchering the Mercy TWOW chapter only to take her character in a different direction. Rendering it all filler and pointless.

Glad the book wasn't really spoiled though, outside "Hold the Door".

...And next week should be good.

Edited by AtariLegend

Anyone that thinks that was a great episode (apart from the Hound and the Mountain scenes) needs their head examined. 

Arya surviving like that was the stupidest thing I've seen to date in GOT. The way she paraded around in the last episode also makes her look incredibly stupid now and that she learned nothing. 

And what was it all for? To go back to square one? Total bullshit. The fan theories were better than this incredibly lame resolution seen onscreen. 

12 hours ago, SoniaRose said:

Anyone that thinks that was a great episode (apart from the Hound and the Mountain scenes) needs their head examined. 

Arya surviving like that was the stupidest thing I've seen to date in GOT. The way she paraded around in the last episode also makes her look incredibly stupid now and that she learned nothing. 

And what was it all for? To go back to square one? Total bullshit. The fan theories were better than this incredibly lame resolution seen onscreen. 

Well, try to look at it from other perspectives and since the tv series are different than the books, maybe Arya needed this to rediscover herself and her true identity. Plus she learned a lot of things while she was with the Faceless Men.. learned how to lie, how to fight as an underdog and how to control herself