Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

I think what will happen is that King Jon will rally up the Northerners and Vale knights to fight the Nights King, while Dany will work to overthrow Cersei. Then she will join Jon to defeat the Nights King with her dragons and unlike Aegon I, she will allow the North to remain independent like she would for the Iron Islands. I can see "Yara" betraying the pact though. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two episodes were epic IMHO...Personally I liked the camera work on the Battle of the Bastards...made me feel in the middle of the action............made up for all the older episodes which just plodded along..........

Now that the power is being consolidated within the various factions I think we will see more epic battles but ultimately I see this moving towards a final epic battle between all the houses and the White walkers as they kept subtlety bringing them up in the last few episodes and the fact that Winter has now fallen..........

I felt they could have used less shakey cam for the battle. And they could have had some of the Northern Houses fighting for the Boltons betray Ramsay. They even set up for a possible bestryal but it went nowhere. Ramsay's men followed him. Loyalty to the Starks means nothing in this show. In the book, the Northern Houses fought for the Boltons simply because they were being held hostage by the Frey's and Lannisters. It was an uneasy alliance, but instead, Ramsay has complete control of them. They use the word "fear" but that could have contrast to Jon who can inspire loyalty. Jon challenges Ramsay to one on one combat to settle it the Old Way of the First Men, but Ramsay decides not to. Jon hoped it would reflect poorly on Ramsay's men knowing he wouldn't die for them, maybe they wouldn't fight for him. Also he was launching arrows into his own men. Pretty fucking dishonorable. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope the spoilers outline is wrong this year, otherwise it's 7 episodes of fan service, dropping storylines, killing off tertiary characters and using fan theories to fill in the plot details.

On the other hand, that's been the case for the past two seasons... Hopefully it's a little less predictable this time.

I'm getting worried now though that George actually won't finish TWOW. The only bright side though is that George made it clear, they're only using vague details he told them and the show isn't following the same path. 

Edited by AtariLegend

All the leaked plotline rumors (all potentially huge spoilers):

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57w3yw/my_awayforthelads_season_7_spoiler_timeline/

Spoiler

Sounds like it might be pretty much real.

Overall, I'm horribly undecided how I feel about most of the leaked stuff. I also wonder how much it deviates from the book-plot. On one hand I really don't want Viserion to die. On the other hand I really want to see the night king ride an undead/wight ice dragon. 

Edited by username

If those spoilers are indeed true, then my only wish is that they would have stretched it out over two full 12 episode seasons. I'm very worried that they wont be able to cram all of that stuff into 7 episodes without having a noticeable and possibly awkward fast pace.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2016 at 6:57 AM, PappyTron said:

Any news on Cleganebowl?

No, but there is a scene in the season finale with; 

Spoiler

Cersei, Daenerys, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Jaime, Davos, Missandei, Sandor, Theon, Brienne, Varys, Bronn, Jorah, Euron, Qyburn, Podric, and The Mountain and others meeting in King's Landing.

Keep in mind though that as far as the previous page goes and the link to reddit goes, although people normally know the big stuff by this point; there's quite a bit of filming to go. I wouldn't count on everything being accurate.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

No, but there is a scene in the season finale with; 

Reveal hidden contents

Cersei, Daenerys, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Jaime, Davos, Missandei, Sandor, Theon, Brienne, Varys, Bronn, Jorah, Euron, Qyburn, Podric, and The Mountain and others meeting in King's Landing.

Keep in mind though that as far as the previous page goes and the link to reddit goes, although people normally know the big stuff by this point; there's quite a bit of filming to go. I wouldn't count on everything being accurate.

Maybe Syrio Forel will turn up too. :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2016 at 3:30 AM, Georgy Zhukov said:

This is going to make the last 3 seasons look like the first three seasons of The Sopranos

The final season will only have 6 episodes.

Not sure what will happen, but I suspect they'll kill almost everyone off except 2 or 3 favorites.

I genuinely don't believe this will spoil the books (if TWOW is ever released) as much as people suspect. So much set-up by the end of Dance and the preview chapters (for example Aeron/Tyrion/Theon ect) that it's going to be a radically different route, baring a few plot twists the show might give away.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 1 month later...

This might be off interest, there's alot of scripts for prior seasons episodes online.

Stannis's last lines are a bit different.

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/Game of Thrones - Ep 510 Mothers Mercy-D Benioff and D.B.pdf

Here's a few more;

http://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/GameofThronesEP 609 - Battle of the Bastards - GOT S6.pdf (Viserion/Rhaegal are freed by the unsullied instead of randomly breaking out of their cells telepathically in the script.)

http://7kingdoms.ru/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pilot_script.pdf

Edited by AtariLegend

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Daedalus said:

just spent last week watching s5 and s6 and now this - who will wait 4 months :o

S6 saved the show for me - after S4 and S5 didn't follow the books, and after GRRM took upon Axl on publishing new books I was so close abandoning everything related to Song Of Ice and Fire..  

On 3/9/2017 at 2:17 PM, AtariLegend said:

Only 1 problem this time. Season 8 will start filming likely before 7 ends. People will be reading spoilers about the final season by half way through this coming season.

Eh, I don't give a rats ass about spoilers. Shit writing anyway.

• Like 1