Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The episode was a much needed win for the good guys after the last ep I had lost all hope( I know I should expect it from GOT). Still I feel they kinda screwed up building up this moment for too long while other events took up a bigger picture. Still great episode but felt it could have had a bigger impact.

They could have spent more time building up to the battle. They've wasted so much time on Locke (that was completely pointless, it amounted to absolutely nothing), and Crasters keep. That did not need to take up three episodes.

The finale is going to have so much stuff going on that Castle Black will just be a side show. Plus Alex Graves is directing which means it will be choppy as hell.

This weeks episode was the most expensive to film in the history of the show.........

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/throne-loss-article-1.1820445

Which I'm assuming makes it the most expensive TV episode in history?

Believe it or not, I think Friends cost more. Series finale alone they paid each actor $1 million.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I loved the ep, but that last "you know nothing" made me burst out laughing. Ruined the moment. :lol:

The best moment of that scene is, when the kid gives "you're welcome" look to Jon. :)

I was expecting him to say "It's just been revoked!"

Pretty good episode.

Not to nitpick, but didn't it seem like the Nights Watch had more than 100 men?

It was supposed to be even less than that, wasn't it?

Looked like there couldn't be more than 40 or so left if that were the case.

Is there still time to seal the tunnel?

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I loved the ep, but that last "you know nothing" made me burst out laughing. Ruined the moment. :lol:

Yeah I thought that was pretty stupid.

They could have spent more time building up to the battle. They've wasted so much time on Locke (that was completely pointless, it amounted to absolutely nothing), and Crasters keep. That did not need to take up three episodes.

Yeah Locke was pretty pointless, but he wasn't in the books right? Who took Jamie's hand in the books?

Also, forgot to mention this about last episode, but it looked like Theon snapped out of it for a second when he was talking with the commander at Moat Cailin (not that I really care though).

I liked this episode a lot, I thought it served the episode well to only focus on one place.

I think he meant filler in the sense that it doesn't move the story significantly forward, not that it's bad.

Way better than Blackwater imo.

Exactly. I enjoyed the episode, but nothing really happened other than Ygrittes death.

The Wildlings are still out there and could overwhelm Castle Black at any moment. From the Crow point of view that battle was entirely pointless, and now they're just in the exact same boat but with less men.

I thought it was an excellent episode as there were some nice subtle things going on like Jon Snow taking command after the Watch commander was wounded and his wilding lover getting killed and her commander getting captured.

I don't know, sometimes you need episodes like this a bridge to future things to come......... :shrugs:

IMHO it is handled much better than the Walking Dead which has too many dull throw away episodes which add little to the plot...........Can you imagine the producers of the Walking Dead spending 8 million on an episode?........I don't think so............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

Seriously though, has Crash Diet ever argued with anyone without immediately calling them a stupid hipster?? :rofl-lol:

Yeah... Why am I a hipster for being upset that nothing of consequence really happened. I guess it's super hipster of me to watch the most popular show on television.

I was honestly hoping to see

Stannis arrive at the Wall
this episode. So maybe that's why I was a little disappointed that they ended the episode before that happened. They could have done the whole week of siege in this one episode of they wanted to.

Now they're going to have to shove a LOT of shit into the last episode.

Will Tywin get murdered next episode or will they save that until next season?
Edited by LiveFromNormal

Seriously though, has Crash Diet ever argued with anyone without immediately calling them a stupid hipster?? :rofl-lol:

Yeah... Why am I a hipster for being upset that nothing of consequence really happened. I guess it's super hipster of me to watch the most popular show on television.

this episode. So maybe that's why I was a little disappointed that they ended the episode before that happened. They could have done the whole week of siege in this one episode of they wanted to.

Nothing happened? unless I was not watching the same show I would say a shitload of things happened in last nights episode............ :shrugs:

If they follow the book the answer to whether Tywin gets executed is easily found on the internet...............

Nothing happened? unless I was not watching the same show I would say a shitload of things happened in last nights episode............ :shrugs:

If they follow the book the answer to whether Tywin gets executed is easily found on the internet...............

Nothing of consequence happens. The Wildings still out number the Crows and are still out there lurking around.

The episode ends in the same place it began except with fewer soldiers on both sides, and Ygritte and a few of the old white dudes in charge at Castle Black died.

Plenty of stuff happens, but not much new information is learned and nothing really happened that is important to the story progression. That's all I'm saying.

But I did like the episode, although like I said, I wish they had squeezed

Stannis
in.

Nothing of consequence happens. The Wildings still out number the Crows and are still out there lurking around.

The episode ends in the same place it began except with fewer soldiers on both sides, and Ygritte and a few of the old white dudes in charge at Castle Black died.

Plenty of stuff happens, but not much new information is learned and nothing really happened that is important to the story progression. That's all I'm saying.

But I did like the episode, although like I said, I wish they had squeezed

Stannis
in.

I suppose it depends on your perspective...if you analyze those who have died it looks like Jon Snow could be acting top dog and he is going out to try and kill the leader of the Wildings

Also the Wilding who led the attack was captured so I see a future subplot there and the Wilding with the funky face scars was killed....lots of little details that can lead to interesting subplot stories later. I am going to watch it again tonight to see if there are any other things I missed.........

But I do see your point in that not a lot of major plot points were closed.

According to the International Business Times spoiler article I read the season finale will be titled "The Children" and will be 66 minutes long......

having read the spoiler article all your questions will be answered in the season finale and then some!
Edited by classicrawker

This weeks episode was the most expensive to film in the history of the show.........

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/throne-loss-article-1.1820445

Which I'm assuming makes it the most expensive TV episode in history?

Believe it or not, I think Friends cost more. Series finale alone they paid each actor $1 million.

The LOST pilot cost $14 million to produce.

The exec that greenlighted it got fired due to how expensive it was :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah as people have been mentioning, it's unclear as to how much of a victory that battle was. The wildlings can throw tens of thousands of themselves at the wall without it seriosuly mitigating their ability to invade the rest of Westeros after they break through the wall (if they do). Don't know how long it would take to seal the wall, but that seems like the best option........... except for the fact that Jon Snow is now out there; I'm not even sure what he is attempting to accomplish.

For being someone who was pretty much a universally disliked character since S1, Alliser Thorne turned out to be pretty badass, and not as much of an incompetent dick as we thought. Even though he was wrong, it's clear he wasn't just fucking around carelessly like they made him out to be doing.

• Like 1