Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, Dany's rape scenes stood as a structure that held up the evolution of her relationship with Drogo. I don't really see the point of the Cersei/Jamie rape. In fact it was purely detrimental to Jamie's character development.

The Sansa Ramsey thing is completely pointless and unnecessary to me, but depending upon where the show is going it could be important to the story and how it's moving away from the books, I'll hold my judgement on that for now.

It is not just the rape scenes, they create a bunch of characters and scenes that go nowhere. Yara's (should have been called Asha)'s raid on the Dreadfort went nowhere. The characters Karl Tanner and Locke were pointless. Ros was unnecessary but it is often overlooked because she had a great body. Talisa threw a lot of book fans off but I thought Oona Chaplin was great, but she was killed off, I guess because they wanted to add their own shock to The Red Wedding.

The only thing I can say is that they did a complete 180 on Stannis, they made him look like a fool, but in the book he was easily one of the best characters. That probably means they will kill him off, like they did with Selmy.

Episode 9 synopsis has been released.

Episode title: "The Dance of Dragons"
Jon returns to the Wall; Arya runs into someone from her past; Mace visits the Iron Bank; Stannis faces a difficult decision; Daenerys oversees a celebration of athleticism.

Speculation on what that means below, meaning don't click on this part :P.

Jon's big moment?
Arya kills Meryn?

Stannis has to decide whether to kill Theon?

Drogon's moment of glory?

The point of the Dorne storyline in the show get's revealed?

Cerseri scene episode 10? Maybe too much has to happen in episode 9.

...And in the unlikely event they do a pink letter, don't let it be Littlefinger who wrote it!

Edited by AtariLegend

It is not what they show, it is what they didn't show. That is what makes it so disturbing. Plus Sansa is still a child, Ramsay is a grown man, she is forced into a marriage she didn't want and is raped in front of Theon. Yeah, Cersei's rape was disturbing and unnecessary but they have sunk to a new low with Sansa.

Agreed, and not to mention her "rape" started in that scene before the act itself.

I don't know about the backlash shit, but if anyone didn't see it coming on that wedding night....just..wow.

Still a weak season, whats happening, so many storylines and they do fillers with the same 3.

I think they are trying to wrap of the show in 7 seasons. Had they follow the book, we'd have 11 seasons with 25 episodes each. HBO likes to keep their seasons short. 10 episodes per season isn't even enough. GRRM does make a point that this show has been more faithful to the series than most shows are to their adaptations. In the same regard that the Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings films have been faithful. Now they are consolidating the story-lines but they have just been really bad at it.

Still a weak season, whats happening, so many storylines and they do fillers with the same 3.

I think they are trying to wrap of the show in 7 seasons. Had they follow the book, we'd have 11 seasons with 25 episodes each. HBO likes to keep their seasons short. 10 episodes per season isn't even enough. GRRM does make a point that this show has been more faithful to the series than most shows are to their adaptations. In the same regard that the Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings films have been faithful. Now they are consolidating the story-lines but they have just been really bad at it.

yeah and the thing is hbo has said they wouldnt mind GOT going more seasons.

• Like 1

Next week is the first week they "really" go off the rail from the books.

Showdown at Hardhome, the hype episode from the trailers!

Should be a major indicator on the future of the show's quality. Looking forward anyway :P.

Edited by AtariLegend

Why wouldn't they? It is a huge profit for them.

I have a bit to say about this episode but I just want to get this out of my system. Those are the best pair of tits on this show.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

11231146_862786050466120_620917082382220

:lol:

yeah, whatever happens with that criple and hodor and the wildling whore?

PS.: i don't read the books, because

a) ain't nobody got time for that

b) if i wanted to read, then i read something that worth my time.

Todays episode was cool, though.

Cersei probably got what she deserves

Why wouldn't they? It is a huge profit for them.

I have a bit to say about this episode but I just want to get this out of my system. Those are the best pair of tits on this show.

and their accent was sexy, seems like a bit of eastern european

That dornish girl with the short hair and perky tits is alone worth the one hour

Edited by Strange Broue

Best pair tits on the show so far. Nothing like a ripe 19 year old (kidding). I'd go as far to say that cgi was involved.

:facepalm:

This comment reminds me of this:

Coma16, on 13 Jan 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Best thing about TIL is DJ's live solo. The song translated much better live (to me) in comparison to the studio version.

Kristian Nairn said in an interview that the Bran story would be ignored in Season 5. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

I would like to know what happened to Robert's bastard, though.

There isn't really much Bran story left before the unreleased (The Winds of Winter) book. If they would have had Bran in this season, they probably would have sent him to Winterfell and had him get rapped by Ramsay.

Gendry in the books is a complete 3rd-tier at best side character, Robert has other bastards. In the show they just used Gendry in the place of others to consolidate characters.

Best pair tits on the show so far. Nothing like a ripe 19 year old (kidding). I'd go as far to say that cgi was involved.

Best thing about TIL is DJ's live solo. The song translated much better live (to me) in comparison to the studio version.

Which alt account are you again?

They're *that* perfect which is why I made that comment. I do think they're real but they're almost too perfect to be real if ya get me. You probably don't though.

Edited by Coma16

Which alt account are you again?

They're *that* perfect which is why I made that comment. I do think they're real but they're almost too perfect to be real if ya get me. You probably don't though.

Reek

Those tits are real

Now this shows that you've never seen tits live, lol

PS. if i were you i don't ask around alt accounts, i'm not the one who post on sites where the only topic is mygnr and were all of the butthurt banned members posts andchat with a schizo

Edited by Strange Broue

Wow that episode was boring

But tits though.

No CGI, she's just a young woman. This gives her an unfair advantage over Ros, Mel and Missandei though Mel has great tits for a woman her age.

I miss Talisa's ass though.

I honestly believe they have a nudity quota now. There were rumors for a while that there was a HBO exec that would pressure for sex-position because it was an HBO show, always thought that's a bit silly.

Now I like seeing hot naked girls, but what other purpose did that scene serve? It's the same reason Mel is naked in half her scenes, since Danny/Cerseri/Gilly/Sansa and presumably even Margery won't now.

Edited by AtariLegend

HBO has very clearly stated they want to go ~10, DB/David are firm on 7. Hard to tell what will happen.

Overall, disappointing episode last night. We fucking get it, Ramsay is a psychopath, and Sansa has no threshold of the amount of abuse she can receive - enough already, move the plot fucking forward. The Ghilly/Sam sex scene was bound to happen, fine, but I felt they went way too long with that whole arc this episode.

The last 20 minutes were great, the fighting pits w/ Jorah, and Bronn being taunted by the Sand Snakes - that was great GoT, and of course Cersei being arrested, saw that coming though. The first 40 minutes were checkered, some OK scenes like Jorah/Tyrion being sold, Cersei visiting Marjaery, but I thought it was mostly boring and redundant.

Why did Jamie not meet with Prince Doran last night? A Lannister breaks into the summer home of the Dornish royal family, and all they show is him meeting Marcella in a room.......

Also, aren't there supposed to be 7 Sand Snakes? Or did I read something incorrectly?