The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

F is for Family. Bill Burr's fucking hilarious

I recently watched through this a second time. It gets better with each viewing, I think. You notice a lot more about how the characters acted in that first scene, for sure.

Thinking about watching all of The Shield again. I started to awhile back but ended up stopping midway through season one so I could watch Justified. Both are shows you can never watch too much of.

• Like 1

I think that might be true, F is for Family is pretty intense and it takes a while to get the characters.

Absolutely. The first time I saw that opening scene I just saw a man getting mad and overreacting to the phone ringing. It was just another darkly comedic scene at that point. But the second time around, I noticed how everyone reacted to it, especially the kids. Kevin seemed mad/annoyed/disgusted at it, Bill was obviously terrified and Maureen was indifferent. Not a really big thing and I'm sure some people noticed on the first viewing, but I thought it was cool that they established the tone of the characters and the series as a whole so well in just a few minutes.

I think that might be true, F is for Family is pretty intense and it takes a while to get the characters.

Absolutely. The first time I saw that opening scene I just saw a man getting mad and overreacting to the phone ringing. It was just another darkly comedic scene at that point. But the second time around, I noticed how everyone reacted to it, especially the kids. Kevin seemed mad/annoyed/disgusted at it, Bill was obviously terrified and Maureen was indifferent. Not a really big thing and I'm sure some people noticed on the first viewing, but I thought it was cool that they established the tone of the characters and the series as a whole so well in just a few minutes.

Do you know if there will be a season 2. It was only 6 eps.

It's strange how Family Guy copied The Simpsons but then The Simpson's guy copied King of the Hill.

It's strange how Family Guy copied The Simpsons but then The Simpson's guy copied King of the Hill.

Not sure man, I haven't heard anything yet. That's a little troubling since Netflix series tend to be renewed within a few weeks, but I'm sure we'll hear something soon. By the end of February, at least.

Not sure man, I haven't heard anything yet. That's a little troubling since Netflix series tend to be renewed within a few weeks, but I'm sure we'll hear something soon. By the end of February, at least.

I feel like if there was 50 episodes it could be a classic. Like that metal party dude that lives next door. There's so much potential.
  • Like 1

Started watching Hannibal again with my girlfriend. Damn this show was so good.

I must confess that I thought it was...meh. Just too pretentious with all of the Will Graeme visions and whatnot.

That's why it works, and became it's own thing IMO. No one was going to pull off a more traditional procedural type of show that didn't suffer in comparison to Silence of the Lambs. Going all out artsy differentiated it entirely but absolutely suited the material. The whole series works as a fever dream of Lecter's. It's very much an acquired taste though, for better and worse. Edited by Angelica

Started watching Hannibal again with my girlfriend. Damn this show was so good.

I must confess that I thought it was...meh. Just too pretentious with all of the Will Graeme visions and whatnot.

Just shut the fuck up.

Bitch please. If I had to watch one more scene of Will wanking over an oily deer version of Hannibal whilst in a fevered dream I'd have kicked a puppy.

• 2 weeks later...