The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

You're in for a treat when you start Breaking Bad. The first season is a bit slow, but if you stick with it the payoff is huge.

I'm working on The Office. Never enjoyed when I'd just see an episode here and there, but I'm loving now that I'm really watching it. Just about to start season 6.

You're in for a treat when you start Breaking Bad. The first season is a bit slow, but if you stick with it the payoff is huge.

I'm working on The Office. Never enjoyed when I'd just see an episode here and there, but I'm loving now that I'm really watching it. Just about to start season 6.

Get ready to be disappointed. I stopped watching during Season 6. It fell off from there.

Also there used to be a TV show thread. I don't feel like looking for it, though.

Get ready to be disappointed. I stopped watching during Season 6. It fell off from there.

Also there used to be a TV show thread. I don't feel like looking for it, though.

When Steve Carrell leaves... the show dies. I couldn't bring myself to watch the new seasons.

That's what I've been reading. But once I start a show, I stick with it unless it loses my interest real early on. Weeds lost me somewhere in season 5 and I stuck it out...that was painful.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I actually watched two reasonably new tv shows actually, Derek with Ricky Gervais and the one Stephen Merchant made over in America, it's actually quite funny y'know, i think it's the first time in a very very long time that i found some American sitcom funny.

Thing about American telly is, by my reckoning, the stuff thats meant to be funny is like, not funny but the stuff that ain't meant to be is fucking fabulous. As in like, comedy gold. Like I was watching this reality show thing and it's all about these brides to be and them getting all done up for their weddings and...basically the whole things based around this shop that does girls up for their wedding and they've got their obligatory tape measure poof and the obligatory strong minded professional woman and then the soft skinny one that gushes over everybody and like...the fuckin' results of this show are hilairious, it's funnier than any American comedy I ever saw.

Like this fat black bird comes up and she's like 'ooooh I always wanted to be Princess Diana and have a massive wedding and have this huge dress and, i dunno, all the bollocks girls want out of a wedding. And at the end of the show she comes out and she's like, gushing and everyone around hers going 'ohmigod, you look just like her, you look just like her!' and it's like, no you don't!!! Princess Diana, closest to royalty you're getting darling is Queen Latifah and you need to lose about 70 pounds even to get there :lol:

I seen loads of em too and i think it's fabulous, these weird shows like...there was this one show about this bird that was like the biggest tight arse ever and she lives off like, cutting out 5,000 coupons a week so she can do her shopping for a fiver and food thrown out of restaurants.

I think American TV entails getting these proper mental internally damaged fundamentally fucked up people, sticking a camera on em, poking em with a stick and seeing what happens, i love it, it's hilairious :lol: I love reality TV, it's the lowest cheapest most unjustifiably mishandled cultural experiment ever. There is a fundamental prurience and immorality to it that just make it the best TV ever, it is totally fake as shit and exploitative and it does so with a really glee, it's great :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I watched a few eps of Dads. Seemed a bit wonky, like they hadn't really worked out what they are doing. Brooklyn Nine I'm interested in seeing too.

Homeland 3. I know everyone hates it but I like the main character.

The second half of season 3 more than makes up fir the first half. It gets good!

How is True Blood after season three? Been hoping to catch up before the show ends

Also plan on fnishing Rome.

Not nearly as good as it should have continued to be.

I remember when they realized they dropped the ball when they kill off Godric in season two when he turned out to be more interesting than any of the characters on the show.

Anger Management? That sounds promising already!

It's the Charlie Sheen show.

When Steve Carrell leaves... the show dies. I couldn't bring myself to watch the new seasons.

Season 8 and 9 were a travesty. Watching that was like watching and old friend get raped right in front of me and not being able to stop it.

S8 was okay, Spader was very funny. I agree that 9 was utter junk.

I watched a few eps of Dads. Seemed a bit wonky, like they hadn't really worked out what they are doing. Brooklyn Nine I'm interested in seeing too.

The second half of season 3 more than makes up fir the first half. It gets good!

Yeah if you bear through the first half of S3, you are rewarded with the second half, which was excellent.

Just finished second episode of the new Sherlock series, really great, just terrific.

Homeland is the only show I found to replace 24. That kind of quasi serious show that is still kind of trashy.