The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

I don't have fxx, how is this season of It's always sunny?

Brilliant. It finished in November.

I actually thought this season was the weakest yet. There were a few episodes I thought there great, but most of thought were "eh."

I dunno, I thought The Gang Broke Dee, Mac Day and The Gang Saves The Day were some of the best episodes they've ever done.

Catching up on Sherlock, got two episodes to go.

Let me know when you've finished.

I don't have fxx, how is this season of It's always sunny?

Brilliant. It finished in November.

I actually thought this season was the weakest yet. There were a few episodes I thought there great, but most of thought were "eh."

I dunno, I thought The Gang Broke Dee, Mac Day and The Gang Saves The Day were some of the best episodes they've ever done.

Mac Day was great, The Gang Squashes Their Beef was great, Lethal Weapon 6 was great. Didn't like The Gang Broke Dee as an opener, and I only liked Mac's scene from TGSTD. The one where they get crazy about guns was pretty good, other than that I don't remember much.

Finished Sherlock.

I loved series 1 and 2. Overall, was a bit disappointed with 3. The acting was still there, even the script writing was still pretty good, but the plot/story did not do it for me.

Mary is actually an assassin/spy that sort of has a connection to the bad guy but we don't really know how? The bad guy's big secret was that he also had a mind palace... And I didn't like how these episodes were sporadic doses of smaller cases. I liked the old format of 1 episode = 1 big case that slowly gets uncovered. Also WTF? they didn't tell us how he faked his death. Just that there were 13 possibilities and he went with Lazarus (I'm guessing #12 of 13 if it was alphabetical). The producers have said that they do indeed know how he did it, but why won't they tell us?

All the chatter on the net is pointing to them getting the next series out for Christmas this year, which is cool. I'll definitely watch it, but especially with those ending frames of His Last Vow, this really seemed like a filler season. That being said, I thought the wedding episode was great, probably my favorite of the series. No idea what to make of the Moriarty ending, that would really be too ridiculous if both Sherlock and he both faked their deaths at the same time... but then again he seems to be alive given what we saw at the end.

Finished Sherlock.

I loved series 1 and 2. Overall, was a bit disappointed with 3. The acting was still there, even the script writing was still pretty good, but the plot/story did not do it for me.

Mary is actually an assassin/spy that sort of has a connection to the bad guy but we don't really know how? The bad guy's big secret was that he also had a mind palace... And I didn't like how these episodes were sporadic doses of smaller cases. I liked the old format of 1 episode = 1 big case that slowly gets uncovered. Also WTF? they didn't tell us how he faked his death. Just that there were 13 possibilities and he went with Lazarus (I'm guessing #12 of 13 if it was alphabetical). The producers have said that they do indeed know how he did it, but why won't they tell us?

All the chatter on the net is pointing to them getting the next series out for Christmas this year, which is cool. I'll definitely watch it, but especially with those ending frames of His Last Vow, this really seemed like a filler season. That being said, I thought the wedding episode was great, probably my favorite of the series. No idea what to make of the Moriarty ending, that would really be too ridiculous if both Sherlock and he both faked their deaths at the same time... but then again he seems to be alive given what we saw at the end.

Well Mycroft certainly helped him. Agree on the wedding episode, best of the series so far. And what is up with Janine? Is she telling Sherlock she is still interested? And Moriaty either faked his death or that guy who shot himself really wasn't Moriaty. I am probably the only person who did not like that episode

I never liked Cumberbatch until I've watched Sherlock and Star Trek Into Darkness.

Well Mycroft certainly helped him. Agree on the wedding episode, best of the series so far. And what is up with Janine? Is she telling Sherlock she is still interested? And Moriaty either faked his death or that guy who shot himself really wasn't Moriaty. I am probably the only person who did not like that episode

I never liked Cumberbatch until I've watched Sherlock and Star Trek Into Darkness.

I agree sort of, more of I never noticed Cumberbatch until ST. Thought ST:ID was an okay movie, but his performance was great, then I got into Sherlock.

Yeah I think the text he sent was to Mycroft, and Molly helped too, and some of the homeless network. I don't think Janine is still interested, I don't think we'll see her again. The only woman that Arthur Conan Doyle implied could have a serious interest in Sherlock was Irene Adler (I think, I haven't read all of the original stories). And I liked The Reichenbach Fall a lot.

I agree sort of, more of I never noticed Cumberbatch until ST. Thought ST:ID was an okay movie, but his performance was great, then I got into Sherlock.

Yeah I think the text he sent was to Mycroft, and Molly helped too, and some of the homeless network. I don't think Janine is still interested, I don't think we'll see her again. The only woman that Arthur Conan Doyle implied could have a serious interest in Sherlock was Irene Adler (I think, I haven't read all of the original stories). And I liked The Reichenbach Fall a lot.

I know the actress wants to come back.

So I take Sherlock is not a virgin? I was wondering that. Mycroft on the other hand...anyway I do hope Irene comes back.

So I take Sherlock is not a virgin? I was wondering that. Mycroft on the other hand...anyway I do hope Irene comes back.

If she did I don't think it would be as a love interest, not sure why she would come back at all, seemed like a fairly one-use character.

I'm pretty sure he is. That was Moriarty's nickname for him, and Janine inquired at the hospital as to why they never consummated when they were dating, and we see Sherlock make up some excuse about marriage. Though there is that scene where Janine walks into the bathroom while he's showering, but I think that was just for the audience to enjoy Watson's surprise. I think sex terrifies the character because he doesn't understand emotion (at least as well as most people). Mycroft, I'd guess he's been around, but I'm also pretty sure he's gay or at the very least bisexual. Would be nice to see Irene again, not sure if it would happen.

If she did I don't think it would be as a love interest, not sure why she would come back at all, seemed like a fairly one-use character.

I'm pretty sure he is. That was Moriarty's nickname for him, and Janine inquired at the hospital as to why they never consummated when they were dating, and we see Sherlock make up some excuse about marriage. Though there is that scene where Janine walks into the bathroom while he's showering, but I think that was just for the audience to enjoy Watson's surprise. I think sex terrifies the character because he doesn't understand emotion (at least as well as most people). Mycroft, I'd guess he's been around, but I'm also pretty sure he's gay or at the very least bisexual. Would be nice to see Irene again, not sure if it would happen.
Perhaps Mycroft is asexual? And what is his position at M.I.6?

Never thought of that, I suppose that's equally as possible. I'm not sure if he works at MI6 (its called SIS now I think), in all Holmes stories Mycroft has held an ambiguous/secret government position that has something to do with security it seems. Could be SIS, MI5, Foreign Office, Home Office; I'd guess one of the first two I mentioned, he's definitely not part of the military apparatus. I'm not sure though that the audience is supposed to look too far into what Mycroft's exact job is. I don't remember if it was Sherlock or someone else but Mycroft was basically described as "the British government." And it's clear from S2E1 and S3E3 that he has direct access to the Royal Family (is that capitalized?), and the prime minister. I don't think he would be the head of any intelligence organization, because generally it's made public who those individuals are.

I finished Dads. Way funnier than i thought. Family Tools maybe.

I have the pilot, I have been wanting to see it.
The first couple eps i saw were ropey but by ep 5 i kind of got it. Its not that Ribisi and that ginger Seth are dads, its that their annoying retired dads come to mess up their lives. Ribisi is really good.

2 Broke Girls. Why do people watch this? Other than the obvious.

Never thought of that, I suppose that's equally as possible. I'm not sure if he works at MI6 (its called SIS now I think), in all Holmes stories Mycroft has held an ambiguous/secret government position that has something to do with security it seems. Could be SIS, MI5, Foreign Office, Home Office; I'd guess one of the first two I mentioned, he's definitely not part of the military apparatus. I'm not sure though that the audience is supposed to look too far into what Mycroft's exact job is. I don't remember if it was Sherlock or someone else but Mycroft was basically described as "the British government." And it's clear from S2E1 and S3E3 that he has direct access to the Royal Family (is that capitalized?), and the prime minister. I don't think he would be the head of any intelligence organization, because generally it's made public who those individuals are.

Mycroft seems to have access to sensitive material and is trusted with the highest authorities. No wonder Shelock gets away with these things.

Finished Sherlock.

I agree. Felt like the epilogue to season 2(or a prologue to season 4.)

Not sure what to make of the whole Moriarty thing. He's definitely dead. I doubt they're going to start next season explaining how he faked a gunshot to the head. His 'return' was the only thing that surprised me throughout the finale though so I did enjoy it.

Have a feeling Janine is connected to Moriarty somehow based entirely upon the fact that she is Irish.

Sherlock casually drops in a line about a third Holmes brother when he's talking to Mycroft.

Didn't like the way they resolved the Magnussen storyline... Sherlock is outsmarted so he carries out a state-sponsored execution? Also the Magnussen/Murdoch parallel was a little too obvious for my liking.

Edited by Nobodys_Fault