The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

On 25/02/2017 at 7:07 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Almost done Season 4 of Shameless. Ugh. Every character other than Lip, Carl, and Kev are just increasingly more annoying.

Are you watching the English one or American? 

The UK version goes downhill rapidly after series 3, mainly because Kev and Veronica were gone after an episode or two of series 4 and the maguires moved in. I didn't watch it much after that. 

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Are you watching the English one or American? 

The UK version goes downhill rapidly after series 3, mainly because Kev and Veronica were gone after an episode or two of series 4 and the maguires moved in. I didn't watch it much after that. 

I watched a few episodes of the UK out of curiosity and wasn't not a fan at all. But I'm watching the US version. The show itself isn't bad, but most of the characters are just irritating.

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i LOVE him! he's lost a lil too much weight though, i liked chubby blobby Chet better! and yes there is a season 3 coming :dance:

The best parts are when the team making the show start fist fighting with the contestants on camera and they are like keep it rolling this is great tv.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Słash said:

Ive only watched some of the US version and yeah some of the characters are pretty irritating. 

Thanks God I wasn't the only one who thinks this cause most of the people were going OMG WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW! 

Its just ok for me

They're the same type of people who think The Walking Dead is the TV-form of the Second Coming of Christ.

• Like 1

Taboo (FX)

Three episodes in (only eight in the season) and it's a slow burn, but starts to build and burn very well. Excellent performances from everything, especially Tom Hardy. I can't stress enough that you have to pay attention or you'll have no idea what's going on and you won't like it because of that. But, if you can sit and watch it without distraction, most will drawn in quite a bit after the second or third episode.

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Taboo (FX)

Three episodes in (only eight in the season) and it's a slow burn, but starts to build and burn very well. Excellent performances from everything, especially Tom Hardy. I can't stress enough that you have to pay attention or you'll have no idea what's going on and you won't like it because of that. But, if you can sit and watch it without distraction, most will drawn in quite a bit after the second or third episode.

I agree you have to watch this show without any distractions. Plus not being from the UK sometimes I had trouble understanding some of the characters when they spoke.

Anyway, Tom and his dad wrote this story and I have to say I'm hooked. Tomorrow night is the season finale and I really hope this show comes back for a second season. I think it's one of the best new shows around and so glad FX shows it uncut. First time I heard a character say "fuck" I was shocked. I know FX does push it, but never have I heard the "f" word used on this channel.

Tom Hardy is showing his acting chops as well as his writing. It's just a good show.

I watched:

The Walking Dead

The Talking Dead

Worst Cooks in America

Seinfeld

The Flash

The mick

Face off

Taboo the season finale.

I hope this show comes back because it's just a good show. Tom Hardy is such a good actor. Some of his lines just cracked me up even though he shows no happiness at all in this series.

I can see another new direction the show can go into if it returns. I guess it's up to Tom Hardy to see if he wants to continue this series.

Seinfeld

Currently watching The People V. OJ Simpson.

I'm too young to remember it all… though I know what happens at the end. It's very engaging, tip top peak casting (love seeing Selma Blair back on a screen… fantastic actress) and it balances humour with drama really well. Takes the occasional prod at the Kardashians too, which is all good. John Travolta manages to make is face move in episode 2 as well! 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 8:31 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Flash

The mick

Face off

Taboo the season finale.

I hope this show comes back because it's just a good show. Tom Hardy is such a good actor. Some of his lines just cracked me up even though he shows no happiness at all in this series.

I can see another new direction the show can go into if it returns. I guess it's up to Tom Hardy to see if he wants to continue this series.

Seinfeld

Taboo is getting another 2 series

21 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Currently watching The People V. OJ Simpson.

I'm too young to remember it all… though I know what happens at the end. It's very engaging, tip top peak casting (love seeing Selma Blair back on a screen… fantastic actress) and it balances humour with drama really well. Takes the occasional prod at the Kardashians too, which is all good. John Travolta manages to make is face move in episode 2 as well! 

I remember the trial because it interrupted my soaps every damn day. It was just so stupid to me to have this on tv everyday. Why? I know it was a big murder trial, but the lawyers asked the same questions over and over again. It was just horrible. It was like watching a bad movie. Everyone knew then, OJ would not be convicted because the police fucked the investigation up from the very beginning.

Now they make movies about it and of course now everyone believes he was guilty but never convicted. I felt so bad for Nicole's family and that innocent man. Just a terrible hate crime.

I watched:

Vampire Diaries  Just one more show to go. I will miss it very much.

Sleepy Hollow

Grimm Just 3 more shows until the series finale. I will miss this show too. It was different and very cool storylines.

Seinfeld The Doll one of the best.

21 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Taboo is getting another 2 series

Oh awesome news! It was one bad ass show and Tom Hardy was just amazing as James. I loved how he would come out with some funny lines but do it so deadpan.

Can't wait for season 2. Going to America! Should be some great storylines up ahead.

Thanks again!;)

• Like 1

Texas Rising. Bill Paxton is in it and does a great job. i am assuming it's in his honor and i think that's great. Bill had an actual real life connection to the man he portrayed, Sam Houston. rest well Bill...

http://www.etonline.com/tv/162612_bill_paxton_reveals_the_family_connection_to_his_role_on_history_texas_rising/

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:46 PM, Słash said:

Which season you are on Sleepy Hollow?

I stopped watching after season 2 

I think this is season 3 or 4. I lost track too. I like the show even though there are many new characters in this year's season. Not sure if it will be back next year. It doesn't seem to have a good fan base.

I love Crane. He's so funny without being obvious.

I watched:

Guy's Grocery Games

The Walking Dead

The Worst cooks in America I think they picked the wrong person to win.

The talking Dead

Elementary

Shades of Blue

Sundays just got more shows that I need to dvr now.

I have to watch Time After Time and Feud and Big Little Lies and The The Arranangement

Crazy.

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think this is season 3 or 4. I lost track too. I like the show even though there are many new characters in this year's season. Not sure if it will be back next year. It doesn't seem to have a good fan base.

I love Crane. He's so funny without being obvious.

I like Crane, but I liked Katrina too, so after she went, the show became weird, so I stopped watching it. 

7 hours ago, Słash said:

I like Crane, but I liked Katrina too, so after she went, the show became weird, so I stopped watching it. 

Yeah, and I miss Abby a lot too. she's gone too.

It's like a whole different show now, but good. I will watch it through til the end of the series.

I watched:

Kids Baking championship  I didn't like the kid that won. I used to watch Chopped until I realized they picked the wrong cook everytime. lol

Superior Donuts

Feud Bette Davis vs. Joan Crawford

Big Little Lies

The Bates Motel

SNL