Jack White

Dan H.

I had no clue Neil Young and Jack White were releasing a covers album together.

Do want.

Might've just been confirmed today. I only saw the article this afternoon on Third Man's FB page.

And that's awesome! The more Dead Weather the better.

He's actually working on two Dead Weather records. One is being released as a series of monthly singles this year and the other will be a proper, entirely separate record that will release next year.

The songs that are being released in the vault (not monthly, only 2 have been released so far) will be a part of the upcoming album in 2015.

He's actually working on two Dead Weather records. One is being released as a series of monthly singles this year and the other will be a proper, entirely separate record that will release next year.

The songs that are being released in the vault (not monthly, only 2 have been released so far) will be a part of the upcoming album in 2015.

My bad. I guess I misread it when it was announced.

My bad. I guess I misread it when it was announced.
What did you think if the 2 new DW songs so far?

It took me a while to appreciate it. It started with just liking a few songs here or there with The White Stripes. They can be a challenge just because of how much their sound varies from song to song and album to album.

How did you you like his cover of Love is Blindness?

Stripes > DW > Blunderbuss = Raconteurs

I dunno, Raconteurs are amazing, but it's the safest and least interesting thing he's done.

That being said, I love everything the man has done.

I absolutely adore The Dead Weather though. It's so damn dirty and grimy. Plus Alison Mosshart has the sexiest female voice I've ever heard.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

• 2 months later...

This guy's too productive!

It's hard getting into him with all of these releases. Just listened to his debut solo album, was pretty good. Don't really know where to start with him. I was a casual White Stripes fan but even getting into them are like 6-7 albums. Might as well go the solo route and back.

It's hard getting into him with all of these releases. Just listened to his debut solo album, was pretty good. Don't really know where to start with him. I was a casual White Stripes fan but even getting into them are like 6-7 albums. Might as well go the solo route and back.

Other than WS there are only 5 albums (2 Raconteurs, 2 DW, and 1 solo, well 2 now) so it's only a lot if you haven't been keeping up :)

Other than WS there are only 5 albums (2 Raconteurs, 2 DW, and 1 solo, well 2 now) so it's only a lot if you haven't been keeping up :)

Exactly and since I haven't kept up it's around 10-12 albums :P

I quite like blunderbuss, been listening to it a couples of spins now. Would want a bit more heaviness but it's great for what it is.