Jack White

Dan H.

This guy's too productive!

It's hard getting into him with all of these releases. Just listened to his debut solo album, was pretty good. Don't really know where to start with him. I was a casual White Stripes fan but even getting into them are like 6-7 albums. Might as well go the solo route and back.

Other than WS there are only 5 albums (2 Raconteurs, 2 DW, and 1 solo, well 2 now) so it's only a lot if you haven't been keeping up :)

Exactly and since I haven't kept up it's around 10-12 albums :P

I quite like blunderbuss, been listening to it a couples of spins now. Would want a bit more heaviness but it's great for what it is.

Elephant

White Blood Cells

Icky Thump

Get Behind Me Satan

Horehound

Consolers of the Lonely

Those are all great albums, give em a listen

• Like 1

This guy's too productive!

It's hard getting into him with all of these releases. Just listened to his debut solo album, was pretty good. Don't really know where to start with him. I was a casual White Stripes fan but even getting into them are like 6-7 albums. Might as well go the solo route and back.

6-7 records, imagine getting into Tom Waits lol. You need like a book or something with that guy.

But anyway, I'd say start with White Blood Cells and Elephant, those are probably their most accessible

albums. The first 2 are a bit raw but definitely worth checking out as well. Jack also was in a few bands

before the White Stripes, one being The Upholsterers which was basically TWS with a different drummer (altho

they only made 2-3 songs)

Get Behind Me Satan, their 5th / penultimate album is quieter and less rock but still has some decent stuff. I wasn't a huge fan of Icky Thump

but it's okay too. But yeah, I basically only see the band as those 4 erm phases. Definitely pick up the "Under Blackpool Lights"

DVD, it's basically the band at / near their prime. As far as maybe lesser known stuff I liked their Captain Beefheart cover:

The Raconteurs only have/had 2 albums. Check out their cover of Bang Bang (that goes into Broken Boy Soldier) from

Leeds on Youtube though. Great live band, I feel like they had potential that was never really lived up to on the records.

The Dead Weather, tbh I'm not a fan. Cut Like a Buffalo was sorta interesting, and I liked the song

called I think Will There Be Enough Water (the live version).

Solo album is good though. Weep Themselves to Sleep, Freedom at 21, Sixteen Saltines. Jack's more recent cover of Love of

Blindness is great as well.

• Like 1

I like The White Stripes a bit. But I think those two Raconteurs albums are the best things he has done musically, really hope he does more soon. Blunderbuss was okay, haven't liked any of the Death Weather that I've heard.

Agreed. Its really fucking annoying that he decided to not go along with the best project he's apart of. The two Raconteurs albums are some of the best albums in the last 10 years.

"Limited tickets" will be available to Vault members in the morning. I'm going to try to get tickets to both Detroit shows.

Sale is on now. Scored seats for Toronto!

Got tickets to BOTH Detroit shows!!!!!!!! I got 5th row, center (Orchestra Pit) for The Fox and I'm so happy I'm stunned!

• Like 1

"Limited tickets" will be available to Vault members in the morning. I'm going to try to get tickets to both Detroit shows.

Got tickets to BOTH Detroit shows!!!!!!!! I got 5th row, center (Orchestra Pit) for The Fox and I'm so happy I'm stunned!

Is he alternating Peacocks and Buzzards each night for this tour as well? Last time I saw the Peacocks, and they were great!

Is he alternating Peacocks and Buzzards each night for this tour as well? Last time I saw the Peacocks, and they were great!

Not sure to be honest. I got Buzzards last time and it was awesome as well, so either way I'm happy.

• 2 weeks later...

What a monster tune, I love that almost rap-style singing he does. And the violin solo is a nice touch to such a groove hard rocking tune.

I am impressed, Blunderbuss was an amazing album and one that is hard to top yet based on the two singles so far I think Jack will do it

I'm holding off for full album. It's that good?

Yes. Yes. Absolutely YES.

What a monster tune, I love that almost rap-style singing he does. And the violin solo is a nice touch to such a groove hard rocking tune.

I am impressed, Blunderbuss was an amazing album and one that is hard to top yet based on the two singles so far I think Jack will do it

That's how I feel. Some people on here were lukewarm to Blunderbuss but I adored the album. I was thinking there would be no way for him to top it, but I was dead wrong apparently.

Hard to believe it's been like 13 years since I fell in love with White Blood Cells as a kid. I was so captivated by the opening riff to Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground.. I fucking love the way it comes crashing in.

Been listening to JW's projects on and off over the years, it does get a little hard to keep up unless you're investing the time in it. I'll definitely check out all the new releases this year, he very rarely disappoints.

:headbang:

I love Lazaretto but Dead Weather plz

I am pretty sure more Dead Weather stuff has been recorded because they have plans to slowly release singles until 2015 when the full album will come out. So we might possibly get new material from Jack White both solo and with TDW - that would kick ass!

I love Lazaretto but Dead Weather plz

I am pretty sure more Dead Weather stuff has been recorded because they have plans to slowly release singles until 2015 when the full album will come out. So we might possibly get new material from Jack White both solo and with TDW - that would kick ass!

He's a busy guy. Never disappoints.

I just wish that the Radiohead/Jack White project actually ended up being an album. :(

Hard to believe it's been like 13 years since I fell in love with White Blood Cells as a kid. I was so captivated by the opening riff to Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground.. I fucking love the way it comes crashing in.

Been listening to JW's projects on and off over the years, it does get a little hard to keep up unless you're investing the time in it. I'll definitely check out all the new releases this year, he very rarely disappoints.

:headbang:

I think that's what sold me on them too, remember always watching that on VH1 bitd.

I like High Ball Stepper + Lazaretto, can't wait to hear the rest. I probably should've made it

to Nashville for that World's Fastest Record thing he did recently.

Edited by jbhutto