The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

Most radio "personalities" make their living talking about nothing BUT jerking off while they're on the air. Maybe his ratings would improve if he followed suit.

Or maybe he'll realize that nobody listens to the radio anymore cause this is the year 2014 and radio is dead as fuck.

Fucking bullshit. You live in Japan where no one drives cars. They all cram onto trains where there are platform facilitators to push every single possible human body onto a train like it was the Gestapo cramming Jews onto a train destined for Auschwitz. :max:

In the rest of the world people drive cars (most likely Japanese :lol:) to work and they listen to the radio in the morning and on the drive home rather than listening to the same CD on repeat, in the comfort of their heating/air conditioning/phone in dock to take calls, etc......

Edited by Redhead74

Yes. Here in Japan a vast majority of people take the train to work. (Some people do have cars, but every car I've been in in Japan has a TV in the dash, so they watch TV, not listen to the radio.)

The train commuters here in Japan also listen to music. But there are popular devices here, such as MP3 players and smartphones that allow you to listen to the music, podcasts, or any audio program of your choosing. And every single one of those commuters on the train is listening to his or her own personal preference of listening material.

Now I understand Australia is a bit of a backwater country. Maybe in a few decades time, you too will experience this revolution of personal choice. But I suppose until that day comes, Australians have no other alternative than listening to terrestial radio and being subjected to a program director's whims of hearing the same 40 songs repeated, in between incessant advertisements and braying jackass announcers.

I guess me explaining these things to you, in such a remote, undeveloped country, is just a lost cause since it sounds like you're a few decades behind the rest of the world. But maybe sometime soon Australians will get tape players and you can listen to tapes you make yourself!

Anyway......other than NPR, I can't remember the last time I actually listened to the radio. It just seems like such a white trash thing...like so lazy and stupid. "Ugh, I can't be bothered to actually use the energy to listen to a CD I like....shit...what's on the fucking radio?" I just picture some fucking trailer park where they don't have internet or CDs and all they have is a busted old boom box.

("White trash" is American for "bogan.")

• Like 1

Oh you're ignorance estrangedtwat is so enlightening! (Enlightening of many things including your lack of sex life, I mean).

Obviously you are not aware that whilst driving a vehicle, listening to radio is far less intrusive on concentration than talking on the phone, selecting (SHOCK HORROR!) podcasts and iPod selections (yes, we have those here in Oz :awesomeface:).

You know what? I actually really enjoy listening to a fucking kick ass radio station for the breakfast session every week morning for my hour long drive to work. It has 3 awesome and hilarious hosts, they play NEW music that suits my musical tastes and which doesn't miraculously just appear on my iPod/iPhone (yes, for the second time we do INDEED have those things here in Australia :awesomeface: :awesomeface:), they have NO ADVERTISING (what kind of ancient backwater do you live in where you need to be subjected to advertising in order to listen to some music and some people talking :wacko:), I hear today's news and to top it off they have interviews with some really interesting people that I would otherwise probably not encounter.

I'm sure this will go right over your (pea brained) head but radio is actually a really educational, informative and entertaining form of media. Obviously not in Japan, but elsewhere in the world it's highly valued as a source of news, new music, discussion, comedy and just basic entertainment. :shrugs:

Edited by Redhead74

Yes. Here in Japan a vast majority of people take the train to work. (Some people do have cars, but every car I've been in in Japan has a TV in the dash, so they watch TV, not listen to the radio.)

The train commuters here in Japan also listen to music. But there are popular devices here, such as MP3 players and smartphones that allow you to listen to the music, podcasts, or any audio program of your choosing. And every single one of those commuters on the train is listening to his or her own personal preference of listening material.

Now I understand Australia is a bit of a backwater country. Maybe in a few decades time, you too will experience this revolution of personal choice. But I suppose until that day comes, Australians have no other alternative than listening to terrestial radio and being subjected to a program director's whims of hearing the same 40 songs repeated, in between incessant advertisements and braying jackass announcers.

I guess me explaining these things to you, in such a remote, undeveloped country, is just a lost cause since it sounds like you're a few decades behind the rest of the world. But maybe sometime soon Australians will get tape players and you can listen to tapes you make yourself!

Anyway......other than NPR, I can't remember the last time I actually listened to the radio. It just seems like such a white trash thing...like so lazy and stupid. "Ugh, I can't be bothered to actually use the energy to listen to a CD I like....shit...what's on the fucking radio?" I just picture some fucking trailer park where they don't have internet or CDs and all they have is a busted old boom box.

("White trash" is American for "bogan.")

I just put a pair of foam earplugs and read a book on my commute these days. Luddite or what? :lol:

longest cupcake thread in the history of forums

I wish that I WAS trolling.

I don't think you're trolling at all...every single discussion we've had about Pennsylvania, Penn State, etc., has been pretty spot on.

If you really like your job, you could do a hobby associated with it. Why not start a blog about being a country radio DJ? You could update it daily, have a comment section for feedback. Eventually, you could even start revealing a little about your personal life and relationship status. Who knows what could happen then?....could turn out that you end up getting a neat hobby that you enjoy and find someone that knows you from your writing and won't just cut it off out of nowhere..since she would already know a little about you, your life, personality, etc. As (essentially) a public figure, you could announce it during your show and I'm sure you would get a decent amount of traffic.

I have a jock page on Facebook in addition my personal page.

Seems cool and all but that's not really a blog. You can set up a .com webpage for $10 through Godaddy....and they even throw in the web builder app for free. You could set it up in one night.

I kind of treat it like a blog. I'm very open about pretty much everything on there. I don't hold anything back - they get the real me on there.

Wait, McCoy, you have a public Facebook page in which you are very open about yourself, including your doubts, your low self esteem and you desperate search for a girlfriend ? So people can just look you up and read how desperate you are ? If that's the case, you will find no girlfriend. Ever. Who wants a guy that is so desperate ? It's like: I have a boyfriend, but he was pretty desperate. A girl doesn't want that.

If your dates look you up and read you're desperate, they will dump you.

Not THAT in-depth. I just meant that it's a way to get to know my listeners (and for them to get to know me), away from the radio.

Wait, McCoy, you have a public Facebook page in which you are very open about yourself, including your doubts, your low self esteem and you desperate search for a girlfriend ? So people can just look you up and read how desperate you are ? If that's the case, you will find no girlfriend. Ever. Who wants a guy that is so desperate ? It's like: I have a boyfriend, but he was pretty desperate. A girl doesn't want that.

Not THAT in-depth. I just meant that it's a way to get to know my listeners (and for them to get to know me), away from the radio.

Okay, but did you post that you are now one year without a girlfriend, like someone on here said ?

Okay, but did you post that you are now one year without a girlfriend, like someone on here said ?

I received confirmation he has removed all references to being single, including that one.

Finally he has taken our advice!!!!!

You're serious that he posted that?

:facepalm:

I received confirmation he has removed all references to being single, including that one.

You should focus on this, Mags: Finally he has taken our advice :)

• Like 1

:rofl-lol:

At least we know he's not trolling us now...either that or he's trolling the entire world as well.... :lol: