#downonthefarm2014

Ain't it Fun.

I would travel the world for this. I'm 99% I know the answer, there is no live or demo version out there, right? I hope I'm wrong.

No live version, unfortunately :/ Guess some of the lyrics would hit a bit too close to home now...

Here's a tidbit I found while googling Ain't it Fun, when the punk covers were still being considered for what would have been a 3-disc version of UYI:

"And we just added the 36th song," says Duff McKagan. "One with [ex-Hanoi Rock leader] Michael Monroe. It's called 'Ain't it Fun.' It's kind of a spooky song, 'cause it's like, 'Ain't it fun/You're gonna die young.' It's a Dead Boys song we redid with Axl and Mike singing." - June 1991, http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=5

Don't think there's any demos.

• Like 1

Do people here generally like Ain't It Fun? I think it sucks balls.

:o

It's my favourite song off TSI by far. A few of the other tracks I listen to once in a blue moon, but I love Ain't it Fun. Then again, I also love Sympathy for the Devil and that seems to get a lot of hate. I probably wouldn't have included either on Greatest Hits, though.

I love DOTF and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see it come back. But since they busted that out of nowhere on a previous tour, I would say bust out something else on this tour. DOTF was kind of a surprise to hear so I would rather have another surprise.

Down on the Farm is probably my favourite cover. Maybe bin LALD for it. But then again is Axl gonna bring it like 1990 or even Spaghetti with his lackdaisical attitude nowadays? Highly doubt it.

Meh.

This.

Never dug this tune and hope it doesn't come back.

Please don't stoop to his level I have too much respect for you to allow that, boy. :lol:

I was at the Worcester, MA show in 06 when they played it. Was that the only city on the tour for that song? I was also at Worcester 2011 where they played Scraped. No vid footage tho :( Oh shit, AND, I was also at Detroit 02, which was the last time they played Riad (*bonus [?]: this was also the show where the band messed up Paradise City, Axl got pissed, and that was the end of the show :( [show still ruled so hard though])

For me it was a fun little diddy in 2006 but would be utterly pointless now. However I'd still take it over any cover.

Technically, they are all covers. I'd rather that they cover Locomotive or Breakdown, personally.