Mike420's band- Foxy and the Hounds

listened to everything there....

still like let em talk the best...but tigerlilly is good too..

the pj harvey cover is good...i'm a huge pj harvey fan and it's good to see her getting some sort of recognition by a current band

• Like 1

listened to everything there....

still like let em talk the best...but tigerlilly is good too..

the pj harvey cover is good...i'm a huge pj harvey fan and it's good to see her getting some sort of recognition by a current band

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Ya our singer is a big PJ Harvey fan, we also play Anjolene, but no one ever recognizes her songs :( people enjoy them, they just have no idea who they are. She is a great songwriter for sure. I pretty much detest playing covers, but they help. Especially if you want to get paid. Hell gnr can't play for 3 hours without playing covers....

We started writing a new song tonight, was sounding good. Nice and sinister :) I forget what the hell she called it. But that gives us like 10 original songs, I love it!!!

• 1 year later...

I am currently in the process of releasing everything from my "vault", lol. I wish other artists did this...

As I said in other threads, I had computer issues, so I haven't released any videos for a couple of years. But now I finally am releasing everything that I ever wanted to put out there. All of these videos are from my old band Foxy and the Hounds. Of you have some time, maybe give them a view and tell me what you think.

Without You Blues (original song)

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Want to jam sometime for the hell of it, man?

I do, but I don't know if it's in the cards at the moment. Maybe in a few months or so, perhaps. I love my wife, don't get me wrong, but she's put me on a short leash when it comes to music since the baby came along. There are two little bars here in my town, and I've been trying to talk her into letting me put something together to try and play them every now and then, just to make a little bit of money. But every time I bring it up, it turns into an argument. She's not real keen on me going out there and playing music while she sits home with the kids. Even though she knows I wouldn't cheat on her, she just plain refuses to even risk it. Unless I just say screw it and do it anyways, but that will go over REAL well. I was just trying to put together a one or two man type show, acoustic stuff, and cover songs played to jam tracks. Just trying to keep it simple so that making 200 bucks or so per night was actually worth while.

I know you were just talking about jamming, but I know I'll prolly get similiar resistance if I even bring that up at the moment. Besides she knows me, she knows we'll start out just jamming, then we'll start to get pretty good, then before you know I'll want to play a show, lol.

So for the time being, I'm officially retired from live performances. Although I've been messing around with the idea of doing a solo album. Just some stuff strictly for myself, and maybe family members and what not. Nothing that I would ever play live or with a band. But with a 2 month old, it's hard to even do that.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Want to jam sometime for the hell of it, man?

I do, but I don't know if it's in the cards at the moment. Maybe in a few months or so, perhaps. I love my wife, don't get me wrong, but she's put me on a short leash when it comes to music since the baby came along. There are two little bars here in my town, and I've been trying to talk her into letting me put something together to try and play them every now and then, just to make a little bit of money. But every time I bring it up, it turns into an argument. She's not real keen on me going out there and playing music while she sits home with the kids. Even though she knows I wouldn't cheat on her, she just plain refuses to even risk it. Unless I just say screw it and do it anyways, but that will go over REAL well. I was just trying to put together a one or two man type show, acoustic stuff, and cover songs played to jam tracks. Just trying to keep it simple so that making 200 bucks or so per night was actually worth while.

I know you were just talking about jamming, but I know I'll prolly get similiar resistance if I even bring that up at the moment. Besides she knows me, she knows we'll start out just jamming, then we'll start to get pretty good, then before you know I'll want to play a show, lol.

So for the time being, I'm officially retired from live performances. Although I've been messing around with the idea of doing a solo album. Just some stuff strictly for myself, and maybe family members and what not. Nothing that I would ever play live or with a band. But with a 2 month old, it's hard to even do that.

Take her and the kid with you, not like anyones gonna do nothing to em, mother and her child :)

Well that's the thing, she always used to come to my gigs, but now it'll be difficult. I didn't really think about having her and the baby come and watch me tbh. Being as I literally just talked about it like 3 days ago, I'm gonna let some dust settle before I bring it up again. But I don't really know that it'll matter, she seems to have dug her heels in pretty hard over this. Perhaps it's because she has already been very patient and understanding during my other bands and performances? It's not easy on your loved ones when you are a musician, it's really not the best lifestyle for a family. If I really just wanted to get out there and play because it's something I really needed to do, I think she would support me. But she knows the REAL reason I want to play those bars is to make a little bit of side money for me to buy selfish things. Its not like I would use the money to pay bills or anything, I just want to spoil myself a little more than we can afford to do, so I figured a couple hundred extra bucks a month would scratch that itch. So I'm not really in it for the love of music or performing anymore, and she know that. I've been performing for 15 or 16 years. I had some great gigs, had a lot of fun, been in bands that I really liked, etc. I have pretty much scratched my music itch for the most part. All I really have left to do, is some solo type stuff, just for me and a few others. But playing cover songs in a bar in Saturday night? I would do that for money, and money only.

i dunno man, your playing is fuckin' blinding, shame to let all that go.

Well thanks man, I really appreciate it. Its not like I'm letting it all go, per say. Its just kinda moving on, that's how I look at it anyways. I love music, I always will, hell I wouldn't be on this site of I didn't. But I made a couple of promises to myself many years ago. The first one was that I NEVER wanted to be in an "old guy" band. I've always felt that rock is a young man's game, so I made a promise to myself that I was going to hang it up by the age of 40. Well I'm 34, yes I do have a couple of more good years left in me, but id rather walk away on my own terms anyways.

The second promise is I don't want to make the same mistakes with my son that my father made with me. To cut to the chase, my dad was always too busy to really be there for me when I was a kid. I've made peace with him and with the past now, but as a kid, it was not easy to understand why he was too busy, and wasn't around much. So, now that I have a son, I've realized it's not about what's best for me anymore, it's what's best for him.

Also let me add, I still plan on making music, and will probably release that music on the internet. Just maybe being in a band or performing live, might not be in the cards anymore.

Besides I have a lot of varied interests, guitar and music in general is only one of those interests. I have dedicated most of my life to it, I've honestly done pretty much everything in music that I ever wanted to do. When I was a younger, I wanted to be a famous musician, but fame no longer appeals to me. Most famous musicians don't appear to be "happy". My personal well being holds more value than fame or even money does. So if I take that draw out of the equation, what's left? Being happy with your own personal skill on an instrument. Which I am. When I first starting playing guitar, if you would have told my younger self that I can play like this, I would have been VERY happy. So as far as I'm concerned, mission accomplished.

Just so you understand where I'm coming from, about 2 or 2 and a half years ago when Foxy and the Hounds were at our peak. (we got to number 1 in our area according to reverbnation). I had a ephinany one day. I came to conclusion that even if we got signed and became the biggest band in the world, I was going to walk away from it during our peak. I had decided I would do 2 albums for sure, perhaps 3. Then while were still on top, I was going to walk away from music. I figured, if we were successful, than I would have enough money coming in to be able to live off the residual checks (like adler). I just didn't want to be in the public eye like that, it fucks you up imo. And if we never made it big, than it didn't really matter anyways. I'm sharing my delusions ?

If you do get famous can i be your roadie? I dunno how to set up a stage but i can uh, vet the groupies and that, see if they meet with your highnesses quality standards? :D

'Second of the left Michael, she could suck a golf ball out of 10 foot of garden hose' :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

If you do get famous can i be your roadie? I dunno how to set up a stage but i can uh, vet the groupies and that, see if they meet with your highnesses quality standards? :D

'Second of the left Michael, she could suck a golf ball out of 10 foot of garden hose' :lol:

Id give you a better job than roadie. Sounds like your true value would be in chick spotting. ? Edited by Iron MikeyJ