Slash sets the record straight on fake One Direction quote

Yeah it's been doing the rounds on facebook for a while. I don't slash will openly slate any artist or actor. Maybe 20 years ago, but I don't think so now. I bet he cringes at most of the interviews he did back in the day.

Any? What about Scott and Axl?

He has direct involement and there actions have effected his recent life. Especially scott being on drugs with VR. I dont think he has slated axl recently either.

Slash just wants to be in everyones good books that way he can keep busy guesting live and in the studio between his schedule.

Borat, black eye peas and dj chuckie arent exactly slashs taste. He will play on there stuff to broaden his fan base though. To be honest, as much as I hate to say it, if he done guitar work for one direction he would be rolling in the money.

Edited by Axl_morris

Yeah it's been doing the rounds on facebook for a while. I don't slash will openly slate any artist or actor. Maybe 20 years ago, but I don't think so now. I bet he cringes at most of the interviews he did back in the day.

Any? What about Scott and Axl?

He has direct involement and there actions have effected his recent life. Especially scott being on drugs with VR. I dont think he has slated axl recently either.

Slash just wants to be in everyones good books that way he can keep busy guesting live and in the studio between his schedule.

Borat, black eye peas and dj chuckie arent exactly slashs taste. He will play on there stuff to broaden his fan base though. To be honest, as much as I hate to say it, if he done guitar work for one direction he would be rolling in the money.

Slash doesn't need the money. He just likes to play with as many people as possible which according to a few Axl nut-swingers on here makes him a sell-out even though he's just doing what he loves-playing music with as many people as possible.

• Like 1

one person's branching out and working on different styles of music with different types of artists is another person's selling out -- even though posters repeatedly say they want slash to take more chances or challenge himself more -- I guess what they mean is as long as they approve of the chances taken or challenges taken, then it's OK, otherwise he's a sell-out

one person's branching out and working on different styles of music with different types of artists is another person's selling out -- even though posters repeatedly say they want slash to take more chances or challenge himself more -- I guess what they mean is as long as they approve of the chances taken or challenges taken, then it's OK, otherwise he's a sell-out

He's a professional musician who loves to play. The term sell-out is only thrown about by a few on this forum with an unnatural hatred for Slash. I think they hope the powers that be will reward them with party passes

I'm glad Slash didn't say this because I hate this attitude toward pop music. Kids who are too young for GNR and eminem but too old for the wiggles need something to listen to as well. Bieber and One Direction aren't destroying music anymore than the backstreet boys did.

I still can't believe he said "I hate Pearl Jam" so casually. Not that I have a problem with it, it just seems out of character.

Yes, he said that in a Snakepit era interview, didn't he - circa 1995? It concerned Axl wanting to turn GN'R in a Pearl Jam direction. I remember being surprised at that when I read it also.

I still can't believe he said "I hate Pearl Jam" so casually. Not that I have a problem with it, it just seems out of character.

Yes, he said that in a Snakepit era interview, didn't he - circa 1995? It concerned Axl wanting to turn GN'R in a Pearl Jam direction. I remember being surprised at that when I read it also.

why not, didn't he call that time period a pretty fucking dark place in his life? I love when people compare Slash of the mid 90's who was strung out on alcohol and heroin to the Slash of 2014, who's sober, has a wife and 2 kids - almost 20 years ago people