What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Bloodline is probably one of the top 3 Netflix shows, imo...anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's definitely worth checking out.

I tried watching that because it's in our sweaty/scuzzy Florida (and I loved Kyle Chandler in Friday Night Lights) but I couldn't make it past the 4th or 5th episode. I was wondering what the ending was going to be. 

15 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

I tried watching that because it's in our sweaty/scuzzy Florida (and I loved Kyle Chandler in Friday Night Lights) but I couldn't make it past the 4th or 5th episode. I was wondering what the ending was going to be. 

It actually really starts to pick up mid through the first season.  The last 3-4 episodes are really intense. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2016 at 8:41 PM, Kasanova King said:

I've been watching Breaking Bad for a 2nd time and I'm already up to the final season.  Seeing it a second time, I'm actually no longer rooting for Walter White like I did the first time around.  The guy is an absolute sociopath and deserves everything that is coming to him....crazy how how watching something for a 2nd time can totally change one's views on a character. 

****SPOILER ALERT****

i totally support your opinion.  i have watched it 2 and a half times and i still love Walter! BUT for me the surprise was Hank. i heartily disliked Hank the first time around, the second i warmed to him quite a lot. and when he got killed i actually cried but he went out like a G!

these are my favorite lines from these two characters

from Hank

Hank Schrader: [to Walt, as Jack has a gun pointed at him] You're the smartest guy I ever met... but you're too stupid to see... He made up his mind ten minutes ago. 

Hank Schrader: Do what you're gonna do. 

Hank Schrader: My name is ASAC Schrader and you can go *bleep* yourself. 

from Walter:

“I have spent my whole life scared, frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen, 50-years I spent like that. Finding myself awake at three in the morning. But you know what? Ever since my diagnosis, I sleep just fine. What I came to realize is that fear, that’s the worst of it. That’s the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that bastard as hard you can right in the teeth.”

and one more from Walter:

“I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really… I was alive.”

great series anyway you look at it IMO :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm more of a Gustavo guy myself. very smart, calculated, and cut throat (literally!) but he didn't have a family he was putting in harms way. 

Reveal hidden contents

his death scene was pretty cool aswell 

agree w/the hidden contents. are we supposed to be spoiler free here?

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

2 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

i don't know. i did it moreso out of courtesy.

i once got jumped on for ruining the twist to Psycho on another forum :lol: like really? fuckin 100 year old film 

have you ever been to IMDB? the users there will tear you a new one for not putting SPOILER ALERT in the title of your post and then they want you to use their version of hidden content for the post itself! and like you said it can be for anything, even movies like The Sixth Sense where everyone knows what happens :lol:

• Like 1

Breaking Bad is a great show to binge watch though. it took me 6 months a piece to watch The Wire and The Sopranos, i watched Breaking Bad in 2....weeks!! those cliff hangers and netflix automatically playing the next episode is a good way to put on 10 pounds and have your family and friends think you're dead :lol:  

when i finished it felt like i had a hole in my heart (same with The Wire/Sopranos) at first i thought "wow im so lame" but i come to find out that its actually a fairly common thing

but back on the subject of watching netflix: ive slowly but surely been plugging away at rewatching Lost, the show of my childhood! my parents watched this show every week religiously. now every time i point out a actor and say "hey thats so&so from lost" they totally act like im talking a foreign language and i worry dementia is setting in.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Watched Jaws for the first time in probably 14 years. I didn't remember most of it and I liked it a lot more than I remembered liking it back in the day. 

The actress who slapped Brody wasn't able to fake a convincing slap so they had her do it for real and she ended up slapping poor Roy Scheider about a dozen times. :lol:

On 8/22/2016 at 9:43 PM, -W.A.R- said:

Breaking Bad is a great show to binge watch though. it took me 6 months a piece to watch The Wire and The Sopranos, i watched Breaking Bad in 2....weeks!! those cliff hangers and netflix automatically playing the next episode is a good way to put on 10 pounds and have your family and friends think you're dead :lol:  

when i finished it felt like i had a hole in my heart (same with The Wire/Sopranos) at first i thought "wow im so lame" but i come to find out that its actually a fairly common thing

but back on the subject of watching netflix: ive slowly but surely been plugging away at rewatching Lost, the show of my childhood! my parents watched this show every week religiously. now every time i point out a actor and say "hey thats so&so from lost" they totally act like im talking a foreign language and i worry dementia is setting in.

first time i watched it i binge watched too. i watched it on A&E, it started the day after Christmas i think and ended on New Year's Eve. i stayed home rather than go out to see the end! the last episode was so worth it. i cried. i rewound it and watched the last 15 minutes like 3 times. after it was over i was empty...i had DVR'd most of the episodes and i would watch at least one a day. i have since watched other shows i thought were great ( Weeds, Dexter..well most of Dexter ) but i never had an experience like w/Breaking Bad. i have it now on Blu Ray and i think it may be time to watch it again...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On February 29, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Kasanova King said:

I've been watching Breaking Bad for a 2nd time and I'm already up to the final season.  Seeing it a second time, I'm actually no longer rooting for Walter White like I did the first time around.  The guy is an absolute sociopath and deserves everything that is coming to him....crazy how how watching something for a 2nd time can totally change one's views on a character. 

Me too, man. I wanted him dead the second time around! WW=??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...