The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

Brandon is considered one of the worst Motley songs ever. Then again it's good for a laugh and Tommy Lee crooning "Brandon I love you, I love her she is your mooooooom"

I never really watched The Office but it's cool that they used Angela. I always dug it.

Brandon - that's the one I was thinking of.
I consider it more of a Tommy Lee solo song that Motley let him tack onto the end of Generation Swine.

I think I read that The Office once used a Life Of Agony song too. That seems about as random as using Angela.I'm gonna have to YouTube both of those clips.

If you plan on ever watching The Office, don't find the Angela clip - it's from the finale and involves a pretty big spoiler.

I saw one of the Generation Swine release party shows back in 97 where Motley played the album live.I may have seen BRANDON performed that night.

Its a shame they never play Afraid or anything. Underrated as hell, GS is.

I put GS third all time in their discography

• Like 1

I saw one of the Generation Swine release party shows back in 97 where Motley played the album live.I may have seen BRANDON performed that night.

Its hard as shit to rank crüe's discography because the albums change so drasticly in sound. I'd put New Tattoo above GS though.

Edit: I know theatre would come dead last. Great era, great look, songs are just lacking. Had there been more work put into them it would have been an amazing album.

Edited by usemyillusions

I'm pretty sure I saw Afraid played live during the Carnival Of Sins tour but yeah over the years since Swine I don't think they've played too much from that album live. Maybe Glitter too on that tour? Fake is probably my favorite song from NT. I also can't remember if I saw that live on the NT tour.

I've seen the classic lineup, Corabi Crue, and also the Castillo/Maloney lineups. How'd she get in the Crue? Nikki must have been tapping that ass at the time.I doubt he thought he could sell more tickets by adding the former drummer for Hole.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

Glitter was played during CoS tour. Shout '97 thankfully is all they play live these days. Did you see Rocketship live? I hope I see that someday, even if its on a Sixx AM tour. My favorite on NT is Hell On High Heels, I love cranking it up whenever it comes on, but the whole album is great. I didn't see the Corabi lineup but I'll be seeing him on the tour he plays MC94 in full on. Hopefully he plays the Japanese bonus tracks as well.

Its hard as shit to rank crüe's discography because the albums change so drasticly in sound. I'd put New Tattoo above GS though.

Edit: I know theatre would come dead last. Great era, great look, songs are just lacking. Had there been more work put into them it would have been an amazing album.

for me, Saints of LA is last but Girls Girls Girls gives it a run for worst

Edited by Sixes

My beef with the Final tour setlist is I think something from each album should be included (other than MC94, though Tommy has samples of a couple Corabi-era tunes in his drum solo) It isn't as if people wouldn't know Hell On High Heels. Speaking of HOHH, during that Corabi interview I posted a few pages back, Crab said the song title HOHH was around since the MC94 era.I didn't know that.

WFA, I'm pretty sure I saw Rocketship at one of the album release shows but I don't remember if they kept it in the set during the Swine Tour. Seeing them open with Find Myself was pretty cool though.

My beef with the Final tour setlist is I think something from each album should be included (other than MC94, though Tommy has samples of a couple Corabi-era tunes in his drum solo) It isn't as if people wouldn't know Hell On High Heels. Speaking of HOHH, during that Corabi interview I posted a few pages back, Crab said the song title HOHH was around since the MC94 era.I didn't know that.

WFA, I'm pretty sure I saw Rocketship at one of the album release shows but I don't remember if they kept it in the set during the Swine Tour. Seeing them open with Find Myself was pretty cool though.

Oh nice! I love Find Myself! I agree the final tour set should really encompass all their albums tho, it'd be cool if they delved deeper into GS or NT or MC94. Musically I think New Tattoo and MC94 are awesome albums.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/john-corabi-plays-motley-crue-songs-during-surprise-set-for-20th-anniversary-tour-video/

Crab is killing it and this was just a warm-up show! Wait until the band gets a few shows under their belts. The video has Welcome To The Numb,Poison Apples,Smoke The Sky and Hooligan's Holiday.

Crab's kid has a lot to live up to since many people think MC94 was Tommy Lee's best drum work.

This past Tuesday, November 18, John Corabi, former lead singer of MÖTLEY CRÜE, THE SCREAM and UNION, played a surprise warm-up show for his upcoming tour during which he will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the MÖTLEY CRÜE album that he appeared on by performing most of the songs from the LP with his backing band. The set, which took place McGuinness in Nashville, Tennessee, consisted of the songs "Poison Apples", "Hammered", "Welcome To The Numb", "Droppin' Like Flies", "Smoke The Sky" and "Hooligan's Holidayicon1.png".

Check out fan-filmed video footage of the Nashville set below.

Corabi originally joined CRÜE in 1992 as the replacement for the group's original singer, Vince Neil, who was fired due to personal differences. With Corabi on vocals, MÖTLEY CRÜE released one critically acclaimed full-length CD, which ended up being a commercial failure in the wake of grunge despite a Top-Ten placing on the album chart. When Neil returned to the fold in 1997, Corabi was left on his own and formed the band UNION with ex-KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick.

Speaking to Brian Sword of "The Double Stop Podcast", Corabi said: "I don't know if we can do the whole record, because there's a song on the record ['Welcome To The Numb'] that the way we recorded it, it's just… We recorded it Pro Tools in pieces, so there's three different pieces in three different tunings, so it's physically impossible to do that song live. And when I say tunings, it's, like, open tuning, then we tune the guitars regular, then we tune the guitars regular with, like, two strings off. It's weird; it's just crazy. So, basically, what we're gonna do is, in my timespan with MÖTLEY, during that first record, we recorded about, probably about 23 or 24 songs in total, so there's more than enough material for me to replace that one song with one of the other ones. And there's a couple of other songs that I wrote for the 'Generation Swine' record that I could put into that as well. So I'm just saying basically the MÖTLEY '94 material, and just leave it like a wide-open canvas. So we can do, instead of doing 'Welcome To The Numb', maybe we'll do, like, 'Let Us Pray' or '10,000 Miles Away' or something like that, one of those bonus tracks that wasn't on the initial record."

He continued: "I'm not gonna go out and do the MÖTLEY '94 record in its entirety, from top to bottom, in the order that you heard it on the record. I'm just saying I'm gonna go out and play one full set of the '94 material. Like, stuff that was recorded and written while I was in the band. I still think it's gonna be cool, you know what I mean?! We're gonna do the entire record except one song, and then we'll have probably about another nine or ten songs that weren't on the record, they were bonus tracks or on box sets or all this other shit."

Corabi recently spoke to Philadelphia's 93.3 WMMR radio station about the possibility of collaborating again with Mick Mars on the MÖTLEY CRÜE guitarist's forthcoming solo album. "I don't know what he wants to do musically, but at the end of the day, I love Mick Mars — he's one of the sweetest human beings you'll ever meet in your life — and anything I can do to help him with his solo record, I would be more than happy to do," Corabi said. "I appreciate the fact that Mick has been just stupidly supportive of what we did in the past, and I appreciate Mick's talent as a guitar player; I think he's totally underrated. And anything I can do to help him, he's more than willing to help me with what I wanna do. So we'll have to see where it goes from there."

In a 2012 interview, Mars stated about MÖTLEY CRÜE's 1994 self-titled album: "I thought that was probably… To me, and I can only speak for me, I think that was probably the best album we've done. Musical-wise, the songs, I felt, were strong. And just musically, to me, it was, I guess, my BEATLES 'White Album'; that's kind of how I feel about that one. I'm not saying that any of my other albums are crummy or anything like that — I love every album that we did — but that one just has a special thing for me."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/john-corabi-plays-motley-crue-songs-during-surprise-set-for-20th-anniversary-tour-video/#IVUG74ZTOF6k5xLW.99

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

CRUEHEADS! I've fallen to second place! Please watch this video! You must be logged into Tunespeak through Facebook for me to get points to win this Motley Crue/Alice Cooper contest! If you look at Crue pictures/watch other Crue videos or even listen to Crue song previews,I get points for that as well. You will also get points that you can use to enter future contests! Thanks!

https://www.tunespeak.com/p/55e90f3b69702d5d2c0032c9

Edited by Subtle Signs

I just bought "All Bad Things" on Qobuz. I wasn't convinced but it has kinda grown on me. Still pretty bland, but in fact as good as the best songs on SOLA and way better than Sex (awfum song).

Plus the compression applied during mastering is surprisingly light.

When the hell is this tour going to be over?

Are they still retiring? I think they should continue to tour until they are old enough to get SS benefits. lol

I saw a special on Palladia and Vince was just mumbling through Live Wire. It was horrible to see and hear.

When the hell is this tour going to be over?

Are they still retiring? I think they should continue to tour until they are old enough to get SS benefits. lol

I saw a special on Palladia and Vince was just mumbling through Live Wire. It was horrible to see and hear.

New Year's Eve is the last gig.