The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

Meh. They're a fun enough band, but I've shelled out to see them every year since 2006. I finally hit the brick wall this year after the gig I saw - I really don't want to spend any more money on them if they're gonna half ass it live.

Musically, I love the first 5 albums. All pure genius, and TFFL is one of my all time favorites. Mick is criminally underrated, he's got more talent in his pinky than the other three have in their whole bodies combined.

• Like 1

Firstly, if you're afraid of people with different points of view than yourself, don't invite them to state them in the OP. Secondly, I haven't insulted or attacked anyone in this thread. People are so afraid of discussions in this section these days, it's all "let's respect each others opinions and hold hands" hippie bs now. I miss the days when people tore each others heads off in this section.

Because now if we rip each other's heads off we'll get warnings and shit

Alright fair enough.

Lithium imho your opinion on Motley Crue is utter and complete horseshit. They're not unoriginal, at all. They're better today than most bands from that decade that are still around, still releasing kick ass music, and still putting on kick ass shows.

Anyway............back on topic.

WF - how many shows of theirs have you attended? And how has Vince sounded live?

I've never seen them live, but most of the youtube videos.........he doesn't sound very good. Even on one of the live albums Vince only sings like half the lyrics.

But I've got a buddy who has been to probably 10-15 shows (his favorite band) and he says that the "vince sucks live thing" isn't as true as people say.

NB4 Bacardi and Lithium come and bash you.

I think they are one of those bands that most people today will say are overrated.......but they are actually extremely underrated in just how good they are.

Too Fast For Love is one of the greatest rock debut albums from my generation. It was rough, raw, catchy, moody all mixed in with Vince's unique voice. One of my favorite albums of all time.

Home Sweet Home, Shout, Looks that Kill to Girls, Girls, Girls, Wildside, Dr Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart and what I think is probably the best all around song - Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away.

I even like a lot of their newer stuff. There are some great songs on New Tattoo.

Even their album without Vince was a pretty strong album.

Edit:

I agree that they seem like twats in real life and that Vince can be totally awful live, but I don't really let that effect my view of a band's music.

Absolutely.

DOOM was also pleased to read you think Don't Go Away Mad...as I think that's one of their best too.

Didn't go so much on the Corabi album, but Generation Swine is pretty kick ass (I know Corabi wrote a lot of it) and is a good example of what Axl should have done with CD and then moved on.

The first few Crue albums kick fucking ass, and Feelgood is just a classic 80's record for me and will always remind me of good times.

Havent heard SOLA though.

Also I saw them with Motorhead in 07 and Vince was fine.

We busted out Feelgood last night. I still think there's filler on it (Time For Change, Sticky Sweet, etc) but there's stuff that just rocks on there too. The title track obviously as well as cuts like Rattlesnake Shake and Same Ol' Situation. I forgot how much I liked Don't Go Away Mad until it played last night as well.

I'd see them live. Just not THAT into them 'cause they've got like 8 albums or such and less than 10 songs I like so, I feel kinda bored when I put on most of their albums. But I was pissed when I found out they weren't coming with KISS to rio. That double show must be great.

Alright fair enough.

Lithium imho your opinion on Motley Crue is utter and complete horseshit. They're not unoriginal, at all. They're better today than most bands from that decade that are still around, still releasing kick ass music, and still putting on kick ass shows.

They are tremendously unoriginal dude. :lol:

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1

Alright fair enough.

You clearly can't see the innovative genius that is Motley Crue. Tommy Lee playing drums upside-down on stage left a huge impact on music.

We busted out Feelgood last night. I still think there's filler on it (Time For Change, Sticky Sweet, etc) but there's stuff that just rocks on there too. The title track obviously as well as cuts like Rattlesnake Shake and Same Ol' Situation. I forgot how much I liked Don't Go Away Mad until it played last night as well.

Sticky Sweet is the only song I don't really care for on the album. I like Time For Change personally. Rattlesnake Shake is one of the most underrated Crue songs.

I have to say, the Cruefest 2 tour in 2009 when they played all of Dr. Feelgood is legitimately one of my favorite tours I've seen from any band. Amazing show.

Meh, Motley Crue seems incredibly unoriginal in hindsight, but I don't think there was a whole lot like them in 1981 when they released their debut. They were like Van Halen (who were only 3 years removed from their debut at the time) and Kiss with the heavy metal turned up. Even if you don't like their music, I don't think there was a whole lot like Too Fast for Love in 1981, at least not to the point of "tremendously" unoriginal. I'm sure there was a scene with plenty of bands like them, but I'd imagine that could be said for most of the first popular bands of a given genre.

They became increasingly unoriginal as time went on, though.

Vince is solid though.

He's one of the worst singers I have ever heard, I'm baffled that he ever made it as a vocalist in the music scene.

Not to mention he is also a terrible human being, and a colosal moron.

This is what makes him so rock n roll. Hes a 5 star fucked that cant sing but he loves drinking, strippers and vegas so hes beyond criticism.

I love Time For Change and Sticky Sweet. To each their own though

I'd see them live. Just not THAT into them 'cause they've got like 8 albums or such and less than 10 songs I like so, I feel kinda bored when I put on most of their albums. But I was pissed when I found out they weren't coming with KISS to rio. That double show must be great.

It was a fucking amazing gig.

Alright fair enough.

You clearly can't see the innovative genius that is Motley Crue. Tommy Lee playing drums upside-down on stage left a huge impact on music.

Fuck you, that drum solo was better than anything any drummer in GNR has done ever

Sticky Sweet is the only song I don't really care for on the album. I like Time For Change personally. Rattlesnake Shake is one of the most underrated Crue songs.

I have to say, the Cruefest 2 tour in 2009 when they played all of Dr. Feelgood is legitimately one of my favorite tours I've seen from any band. Amazing show.

Cruefest 1 and 2 kicked ass!! The Dr. Feelgood in full was so fuckin' cool. I LOVED it, and I would love for there to be a Cruefest 3 over the summer. With Sixx: A.M. back out on the road

Fuck you, that drum solo was better than anything any drummer in GNR has done ever

Watch the tone there. I wouldn't want to report you for personal attacks and general rudeness. What does GN'R have to do with anything?

Word.

Also I don't even like GNR. And I wouldn't use Matt Sorum as a template to compare the talant of other drummers to. :lol: