The Mötley Crüe Thread

wfuckinga

I have to say, the Cruefest 2 tour in 2009 when they played all of Dr. Feelgood is legitimately one of my favorite tours I've seen from any band. Amazing show.

Godsmack really pushed them to put on stellar shows on that tour. CF2 was the best of the 5 times I've seen them (Route of All Evil tour comes in 2nd). That said, I still think Godsmack stole the show, they were fucking phenomenal! (The drum solo is crazy the first time you see it!)

Oh god, people listen to Godsmack

Do you have to be such a prick? It creates a crappy forum environment when you feel the need to put down every band you don't like in such condescending fashion. It'd be one thing if they didn't come up much, but since this is a forum based on an 80's hard rock band they do come up a lot so you tend to be a prick a lot. It's really fucking annoying, and this is coming from someone who doesn't listen to the mass majority of the bands you put down. You've done it at least four times in this thread alone, all unprovoked. Fuck off with that shit.

imad

• Like 1

Oh god, people listen to Godsmack

Do you have to be such a prick? It creates a crappy forum environment when you feel the need to put down every band you don't like in such condescending fashion. It'd be one thing if they didn't come up much, but since this is a forum based on an 80's hard rock band they do come up a lot so you tend to be a prick a lot. It's really fucking annoying, and this is coming from someone who doesn't listen to the mass majority of the bands you put down. You've done it at least four times in this thread alone, all unprovoked. Fuck off with that shit.

imad

Get over it.

I can't imagine why it bothers you so much. I have an opinion and I'll continue to post it. I don't really know what else to say.

:shrugs:

Edited by LiveFromNormal

The dude with the Macklemore pic being snobby = :lol:

I like Macklemore. I can totally see why some people don't.

:shrugs:

Oh god, people listen to Macklemore?

Back on topic:

Are any of you going to see them on the Farewell tour? I know I am, just don't know dates yet. I'm thinking about asking Courtney to try and help put me on Nikki's list for whichever show in my area they come to. she follows Sixx Army on Twitter, and I've chatted with her a little bit. Sbe's pretty cool.

We busted out Feelgood last night. I still think there's filler on it (Time For Change, Sticky Sweet, etc) but there's stuff that just rocks on there too. The title track obviously as well as cuts like Rattlesnake Shake and Same Ol' Situation. I forgot how much I liked Don't Go Away Mad until it played last night as well.

I love Time For Change and Sticky Sweet. To each their own though

I'd see them live. Just not THAT into them 'cause they've got like 8 albums or such and less than 10 songs I like so, I feel kinda bored when I put on most of their albums. But I was pissed when I found out they weren't coming with KISS to rio. That double show must be great.

It was a fucking amazing gig.

Alright fair enough.

Lithium imho your opinion on Motley Crue is utter and complete horseshit. They're not unoriginal, at all. They're better today than most bands from that decade that are still around, still releasing kick ass music, and still putting on kick ass shows.

They are tremendously unoriginal dude. :lol:

You clearly can't see the innovative genius that is Motley Crue. Tommy Lee playing drums upside-down on stage left a huge impact on music.

Fuck you, that drum solo was better than anything any drummer in GNR has done ever

We busted out Feelgood last night. I still think there's filler on it (Time For Change, Sticky Sweet, etc) but there's stuff that just rocks on there too. The title track obviously as well as cuts like Rattlesnake Shake and Same Ol' Situation. I forgot how much I liked Don't Go Away Mad until it played last night as well.

Sticky Sweet is the only song I don't really care for on the album. I like Time For Change personally. Rattlesnake Shake is one of the most underrated Crue songs.

I have to say, the Cruefest 2 tour in 2009 when they played all of Dr. Feelgood is legitimately one of my favorite tours I've seen from any band. Amazing show.

Cruefest 1 and 2 kicked ass!! The Dr. Feelgood in full was so fuckin' cool. I LOVED it, and I would love for there to be a Cruefest 3 over the summer. With Sixx: A.M. back out on the road

Cruefest 1 sucked I thought. Didn't care about any of the bands on the bill besides Sixx: AM, shitty (And very short) setlist from Motley. Still glad I went to the Toronto gig since thats where they filmed the DVD, but the SOLA tour in the spring was pretty much the same thing but with a few extra (And very rare) songs.

I'm not a huge fan, but Home Sweet Home may be on my top 10 list of favorite songs ever. love love love IT!

I wanted to see them when they were touring with Aerosmith, and unfortunately I could not find one single person who would go with me, even if I offered to pay for the ticket. That was a bit disappointing.

I've seen the Crue about 4 times and enjoy the shows very much.

My only problem is that Vince can't keep up with the earlier songs live because I just think they are too fast for him to sing now.

The rest of the band, Nikki, Mick and Tommy still rock it like it was the 80's, but Vince constantly holds his mic towards the fans and we wind up singing most of the songs.

I didn't see the last few tours they did because I was too tired to sing their songs. lol

I think after the Crue retires, Nikki and Tommy will find new projects in music to do. Vince is now a businessman in Vegas and I think Mick just wants to retire and enjoy his life.

I'm not a huge fan, but Home Sweet Home may be on my top 10 list of favorite songs ever. love love love IT!

I wanted to see them when they were touring with Aerosmith, and unfortunately I could not find one single person who would go with me, even if I offered to pay for the ticket. That was a bit disappointing.

you need better friends

I don't know much about crue but i seen them once and they were good enough for Mick Mars alone. The drum kit stunt is pretty cool too. Tip my hat to mick mars for continuing to tour since his disease. It's inspiring to watch.

I've seen the Crue about 4 times and enjoy the shows very much.

My only problem is that Vince can't keep up with the earlier songs live because I just think they are too fast for him to sing now.

The rest of the band, Nikki, Mick and Tommy still rock it like it was the 80's, but Vince constantly holds his mic towards the fans and we wind up singing most of the songs.

I didn't see the last few tours they did because I was too tired to sing their songs. lol

I think after the Crue retires, Nikki and Tommy will find new projects in music to do. Vince is now a businessman in Vegas and I think Mick just wants to retire and enjoy his life.

You're probably right, but I'd love a Mick Mars solo album... <_<