"This Is A Trent Reznor Song"

The Real McCoy

Sadly, since YZ, with some few good exceptions, NIN always follows the same formula. Trent should really consider bringing Charlie, Danny and Keith back, and Atticus should take a long break.

I have never disagreed with a post more. Year Zero onwards is where shit gets real and Atticus is NIN.

LOL this is spot on.

The Slip was decent, but Hesitation Marks is great.

Either way, I don't think Year Zero, The Slip, and/or Hesitation Marks sound alike at all.

I'm not THAT familiar with NIN but I've heard all the albums and my favourite of the newer ones is by far The Slip. Hesitation Marks is good but gets pretty tiresome after a while.

I'm not saying the songs are bad at all. I love HM... I just think Trent should really bring back the guys from the Fragile era, or maybe new album altogether, except for Robin.

Speaking of The Fragile, the re-release needs to come out asap. Or at least for a 15 year annivesary this September

Edited by Crazyman

Those albums don't really sound like 90s albums to me.

I dunno, the best contributions Atticus has given to NIN are the soundtracks and Ghosts.

Maybe Year Zero. I mean none of the albums are BAD (Except for With Teeth), but they're just not as interesting musically as TDS and The Fragile.

With Teeth isn't even that bad...it's just a weird mixture.

Some of the songs are amazing (Right Where You Belong, Everyday is Exactly The Same, THTF) , and some are just pure shit. (The Collector, With Teeth, etc.)

I still think RWYB is his best post-Fragile song. Beautiful concept and perfectly executed.

Edited by Crazyman

With Teeth isn't even that bad...it's just a weird mixture.

Some of the songs are amazing (Right Where You Belong, Everyday is Exactly The Same, THTF) , and some are just pure shit. (The Collector, With Teeth, etc.)

I still think RWYB is his best post-Fragile song. Beautiful concept and perfectly executed.

The Hand that Feeds and The Collector are tied for worst NIN song in my book.

Right Where it Belongs and Only are the only two songs I can stand on that album.

What about All The Love In The World and Beside You In Time?

I don't like all the love in the world. Just the name of that song is lol

Totally forgot about BYIT. Also a good song.

I highly recommend BYIT next time anyone is tripping on mushrooms.