"This Is A Trent Reznor Song"

The Real McCoy

With Teeth isn't even that bad...it's just a weird mixture.

Some of the songs are amazing (Right Where You Belong, Everyday is Exactly The Same, THTF) , and some are just pure shit. (The Collector, With Teeth, etc.)

I still think RWYB is his best post-Fragile song. Beautiful concept and perfectly executed.

The Hand that Feeds and The Collector are tied for worst NIN song in my book.

Right Where it Belongs and Only are the only two songs I can stand on that album.

The Hand That Feeds is severely underrated by NIN fans. It might be a little too "radio", but the song itself is one of my favorites from that era. And you like "Deep" more than that?! :lol:

What about All The Love In The World and Beside You In Time?

Love both and would've listed them but I was only going to give a few examples. I'm very happy they finally played ATLITW live

If you put every good song from With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, and Hesitation Marks into one album, it still wouldn't be as good as The Downward Spiral

The 5 best songs from Year Zero alone are better than all of TDS imo.

Yeah Broski I agree with you a lot of the time, but TDS and the Fragile are not 90s nostalgia albums. They are genuinely the best NIN albums.

I'm not trying to say that they are just 90s nostalgia albums and nothing more. I enjoy them both, especially The Fragile. They just aren't my favorites.

I don't. It's not the 90s anymore. I hardly ever listen to TDS or Broken.

I'm not sure i understand this mindset. I mean, it's not like we're talking about Poison and Whitesnake.

Edit: nvm. You pretty much clarified in response to bacardi.

Edited by magisme

Yeah Broski I agree with you a lot of the time, but TDS and the Fragile are not 90s nostalgia albums. They are genuinely the best NIN albums.

I have NO IDEA how you guys or anyone can think The Fragile is one of the best NIN albums. TDS? ok... It's pretty solid... But the Fragile never ends, it's one huge monotomy the whole way through. I have been listening to the whole NIN discography these last days and The Fragile has been by far thr hardest, most difficult listen so far.
  • Like 1

I have NO IDEA how you guys or anyone can think The Fragile is one of the best NIN albums. TDS? ok... It's pretty solid... But the Fragile never ends, it's one huge monotomy the whole way through. I have been listening to the whole NIN discography these last days and The Fragile has been by far thr hardest, most difficult listen so far.

It's top loaded.

It's one of the best pieces of music ever created. The only NIN album better than The Fragile is TDS. Back when Trent was creative and aggressive.

A kindred spirit.

It may take some time, but The Fragile is a grower.

Edited by Broskirose

Nine Inch Nails were one of my favorite bands before I even got around to listening to all their albums.

The live performances are where it's at. The way the songs are arranged live, the talent of the musicians and lineups over the years, and the sheer brutality or amazing spectacle depending on year/tour.

• Like 2

Nine Inch Nails were one of my favorite bands before I even got around to listening to all their albums.

The live performances are where it's at. The way the songs are arranged live, the talent of the musicians and lineups over the years, and the sheer brutality or amazing spectacle depending on year/tour.

Cool, I just bought my ticket to their gig April 6th

• Like 1

I've been meaning to get into NIN for a while now. Decided to start their discography a few days ago and enjoyed Pretty Hate Machine a lot more than I thought I would. Just started listening to The Downward Spiral now, and I'm getting the impression that the Pretty Hate Machine sound was a short-lived thing?

Holy shit the angst is fucking cartoony on this album. Just listened to "Eraser" and almost burst out laughing. :lol:

Edited by LightningBolt

^ I'd like to hear a better example of "angst" then.

"I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally" is a hidden gem on the 2nd disc of The Fragile. I wish they would play that live.

Also if the re-issue isn't out for the 15th anniversary this year, I may or may not punch a child in the face.

Been listening to HM a lot these last two days. It's a grower, this one. Individually speaking, most songs are actually AMAZING. What kinda kills the vibe for me is that some are really similar, and he uses "the formula" a lot, actually. The verses to Find My Way, While I'm Still Here and I Would For You are VERY similar. I mean... I actually caught myself forgetting which song was playing and expecting a different chorus.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to get into NIN for a while now. Decided to start their discography a few days ago and enjoyed Pretty Hate Machine a lot more than I thought I would. Just started listening to The Downward Spiral now, and I'm getting the impression that the Pretty Hate Machine sound was a short-lived thing?

Holy shit the angst is fucking cartoony on this album. Just listened to "Eraser" and almost burst out laughing. :lol:

Pretty Hate Machine is the one NIN I can still tolerate.

Pretty Hate Machine is the one NIN I can still tolerate.

that_is_why_you_fail_by_jigajig-d4i2mqs.

• 1 month later...