Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

That's not how that reads, but OK. Then I still think your point is crap. I can't believe this has to be reiterated again, but this is not a forum dedicated exclusively to NuNuNu Guns, no matter what Beta and Fernando want. Someone can loath the current band to the depths of their soul and still be a legitimate poster.

Edited by magisme

Yeah I'm sure they're ecstatic that their main purpose as a group is mainly playing songs of a band they weren't even fans of :rolleyes: . What musician would be happy having the central focus of their career being dedicated to playing songs they just feel "meh" about? That's totally different from hiring somebody from a different group you didn't like to play in your band. And it's certainly obvious Axl's not motivated when he's just clearly (effortlessly) going through the motions. And it's certainly obvious that Bumble is openly frustrated.

It's been clear to me personally that this "band" isn't striving to do anymore than just tour for money for a solid year now. But I can't fathom how anybody could have the expectation they'll ever do anything creative again at this point. :shrugs:

It's clear as day this all about keeping Axl's bank account balanced now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because they weren't fans of the band before, that does not preclude them from enjoying playing the songs now.

It's clear as day that all musicians make their living and balance their bank accounts by playing music.

None of us really know how the guys feel about playing these shows. They could find them incredibly fun. We don't know.

Ali

That's not how that reads, but OK. Then I still think your point is crap. I can't believe this has to be reiterated again, but this is not a forum dedicated exclusively to NuNuNu Guns, no matter what Beta and Fernando want. Someone can loath the current band to the depths of their soul and still be a legitimate poster.

Don't get snotty. 'I would never drop money on something like GNR' was clearly in response to your point about betting. But OK.

Fine. I'm just not sure why anybody would be interested in discussing something that doesn't exist anymore. I mean, it's cool if you're just interested in Chinese Democracy (as that's fairly recent and there's still a possibility we might hear more material from that era). But shitting over the new era constantly? Find something else.

Fuck it. You're a lost cause. I hope you're getting something out of this.

Yeah, first-class tickets to the Las Vegas residency (breakfast and ASHBA Swag included).

FFS man, be cool.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure they're ecstatic that their main purpose as a group is mainly playing songs of a band they weren't even fans of :rolleyes: . What musician would be happy having the central focus of their career being dedicated to playing songs they just feel "meh" about? That's totally different from hiring somebody from a different group you didn't like to play in your band. And it's certainly obvious Axl's not motivated when he's just clearly (effortlessly) going through the motions. And it's certainly obvious that Bumble is openly frustrated.

It's been clear to me personally that this "band" isn't striving to do anymore than just tour for money for a solid year now. But I can't fathom how anybody could have the expectation they'll ever do anything creative again at this point. :shrugs:

It's clear as day this all about keeping Axl's bank account balanced now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because they weren't fans of the band before, that does not preclude them from enjoying playing the songs now.

It's clear as day that all musicians make their living and balance their bank accounts by playing music.

None of us really know how the guys feel about playing these shows. They could find them incredibly fun. We don't know.

Ali

We know because they said they weren't fans of the music themselves. I'm not buying that their personal music taste would just change all of the sudden after doing the same ol same ol year in and year out with Axl. C'mon now :lol:. Its a nice paying and consistent job for musicians that have otherwise limited alternatives for the same. It's not exactly difficult putting the puzzle pieces together based on all the information we have.

Yes musicians make money on their music, Ali. I never disputed that. But it's become clear as day nu guns is still around SOLELY to keep Axl's bank account afloat. Not to be creative. Not to make and/or (God willing) share art. It's solely a cash grab now. And it's sad all those wasted years amounted to so little :shrugs:

• Like 1

I'm VERY ambivalent about going.

i think i actually have the funds and if it's in april/may,the time.

but I at the same time refuse to see Axl,the man that inspired me,go to waste before my

very eyes.is it so hard to surprise a bit or pretend you care?

they need IMO to open with a song that's not CD or Jungle.

NIghttrain maybe like the old days or really whatever,just entertain me.

it's BORING with minimal changes over a 5 year tour.

in regards to new songs,I'm all for it.drop the embarrasing,show stopping(in a bad way)solo spots.

let's hear a new tune written by Rose/Ashba/Fortus or whatever.just.....make things interesting again

give me a reason to go.

Yeah, first-class tickets to the Las Vegas residency (breakfast and ASHBA Swag included).

FFS man, be cool.

NGOG you gonna rock that Demented Death Ride From Hell shirt, ASHBA stage pants and an ASHBA beanie? :headbang:

FFS man, be cool.

NGOG you gonna rock that Demented Death Ride From Hell shirt, ASHBA stage pants and an ASHBA beanie? :headbang:

My "swag" of choice:

MMw-328x418.jpg

me, I have no interest

Then log out of the forum? I'm sure there's plenty of other "interesting" bands you could be discussing.

volcano-ish, no? :lol:

I'm pretty sure that telling people to log out of the forum has resulted in mod warnings in the past. Not really the kind of thing you expect from a staff member.

me, I have no interest

Then log out of the forum? I'm sure there's plenty of other "interesting" bands you could be discussing.
I'm pretty sure that telling people to log out of the forum has resulted in mod warnings in the past. Not really the kind of thing you expect from a staff member.

I didn't "tell" anybody to do anything, just a bit of advice for somebody who's clearly disillusioned with GNR.

Edited by NGOG

me, I have no interest

I didn't "tell" anybody to do anything, just a bit of advice for somebody who's clearly disillusioned with GNR.

Buddy, I think we're all disillusioned with GnR. This Vegas thing can be positive if there's new material to promote, otherwise it's just another step down nostalgia lane, they don't even have to change set lists now as they haven't released the DVD.

I find it hard to take Ron's advice on "enjoy what gnr do and not what they don't do", nice but most would prefer there to be no GnR than for them to turn in to some lame touring act spewing out the hits, without an ounce of the original ethos of the band.

I'm tired of it, we're all tired of it... lets see what happens I suppose, just don't expect much from them - I still hope to be proven wrong but I'm doubtful.

me, I have no interest

Take a look around. EVERYONE is disillusioned with the band. If everyone who's disillusioned checks out of the forum, it'll just be you and volcano posting vids of DJ solos back and forth at each other.

me, I have no interest

Take a look around. EVERYONE is disillusioned with the band. If everyone who's disillusioned checks out of the forum, it'll just be you and volcano posting vids of DJ solos back and forth at each other.

It's clear that the disillusioned fans are the majority here. So I could give these volcano-ish posters (like NGOG) the same advice. Log out. There's Jarmo's forum and MSL's forum where you're basically forbidden of having a negative opinion. It's the perfect place for the overly-sensitive Axl fans.

There are TWO boards that are all about the new band, and yet the sensitive Axl fans prefer to post here. I simply don't understand these guys.

My friend has been trying to get my wife and I to get to Vegas March 27 - March 31. If GN'R happens to be there, we'll go see them for sure.

There is 100% no way it'll be in March - that's when they're in South America.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. My bad. Just realized that. Well, what do they mean by "Spring" in that case? Late April?