Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

Yeah I'm sure they're ecstatic that their main purpose as a group is mainly playing songs of a band they weren't even fans of :rolleyes: . What musician would be happy having the central focus of their career being dedicated to playing songs they just feel "meh" about? That's totally different from hiring somebody from a different group you didn't like to play in your band. And it's certainly obvious Axl's not motivated when he's just clearly (effortlessly) going through the motions. And it's certainly obvious that Bumble is openly frustrated.

It's been clear to me personally that this "band" isn't striving to do anymore than just tour for money for a solid year now. But I can't fathom how anybody could have the expectation they'll ever do anything creative again at this point. :shrugs:

It's clear as day this all about keeping Axl's bank account balanced now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because they weren't fans of the band before, that does not preclude them from enjoying playing the songs now.

It's clear as day that all musicians make their living and balance their bank accounts by playing music.

None of us really know how the guys feel about playing these shows. They could find them incredibly fun. We don't know.

Ali

We know because they said they weren't fans of the music themselves. I'm not buying that their personal music taste would just change all of the sudden after doing the same ol same ol year in and year out with Axl. C'mon now :lol:. Its a nice paying and consistent job for musicians that have otherwise limited alternatives for the same. It's not exactly difficult putting the puzzle pieces together based on all the information we have.

Yes musicians make money on their music, Ali. I never disputed that. But it's become clear as day nu guns is still around SOLELY to keep Axl's bank account afloat. Not to be creative. Not to make and/or (God willing) share art. It's solely a cash grab now. And it's sad all those wasted years amounted to so little :shrugs:

It's not clear as day at all that the band is around for purely financial reasons. Sorry, it just isn't. These are very talented musicians whose options may not be "limited" like you think. Yet all, with the exception of DJ, have been around for 8 or more years.

Looking at things in a black and white way, and through a prism that only reinforces your pre-existing notions may not be correct. Like I said, they may like making a living and playing together. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Ali

One last time, yes we do. They said it. Themselves. It's basic math from there. While they might enjoy each other's company, there's not a musician on the face of the Earth who genuinely enjoys playing music time and time again they were not only not creatively involved with, but they weren't even fans of to begin with. Unless, of course, the price is right ;-).

There's glaring evidence clear as day. Looking at it the most realistic way possible is better than looking at it in some far fetched, wishful thinking pov. "Maybe it grew on them...". Right. :lol:.

Aside from Dj, none of them really have a solid plan b outside of Nu Guns. Sure Tommy has the Replacements, but that was always more of a cult band. Once the reunion flare wears off, it'd be back to bars or bust for them. The rest could get the occasional gig here and there, but none that deliver the stability and consistency of nu guns. Not to mention the paycheck. That's what I mean by "limited alternatives".

If Axl was really serious about continuing nu guns creatively speaking, we wouldn't be having another rehash of more of the same. It's all but officially confirmed that we're not getting new nu songs this tour, and Bumble confirmed they haven't worked on shit since being off tour.

Axl would be rehearsing, taking better physical care of himself. But he's not. He doesn't care anymore. And even if they were starting from scratch, there's no way they'd have to tour, tour, tour to fund for new music. 2011, even 2012? Yeah believable. Kinda. Now? Lmfao. It's all amount maintaining luxury without having to crawl back to Slash. Clear. As. Day.

If you can't see that by now, it's just because you don't want to.

Why are you still here then? Does it frustrate you so much that there are some people still going to shows and supporting the band that you feel the need to spread the bad news like some sort of preacher? I think Abba are terrible but I don't go round a venue when someone plays one of their songs and try to explain why I don't like them to everyone in the hope that they're going to stop dancing...

Yeah I'm sure they're ecstatic that their main purpose as a group is mainly playing songs of a band they weren't even fans of :rolleyes: . What musician would be happy having the central focus of their career being dedicated to playing songs they just feel "meh" about? That's totally different from hiring somebody from a different group you didn't like to play in your band. And it's certainly obvious Axl's not motivated when he's just clearly (effortlessly) going through the motions. And it's certainly obvious that Bumble is openly frustrated.

It's been clear to me personally that this "band" isn't striving to do anymore than just tour for money for a solid year now. But I can't fathom how anybody could have the expectation they'll ever do anything creative again at this point. :shrugs:

It's clear as day this all about keeping Axl's bank account balanced now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just because they weren't fans of the band before, that does not preclude them from enjoying playing the songs now.

It's clear as day that all musicians make their living and balance their bank accounts by playing music.

None of us really know how the guys feel about playing these shows. They could find them incredibly fun. We don't know.

Ali

We know because they said they weren't fans of the music themselves. I'm not buying that their personal music taste would just change all of the sudden after doing the same ol same ol year in and year out with Axl. C'mon now :lol:. Its a nice paying and consistent job for musicians that have otherwise limited alternatives for the same. It's not exactly difficult putting the puzzle pieces together based on all the information we have.

Yes musicians make money on their music, Ali. I never disputed that. But it's become clear as day nu guns is still around SOLELY to keep Axl's bank account afloat. Not to be creative. Not to make and/or (God willing) share art. It's solely a cash grab now. And it's sad all those wasted years amounted to so little :shrugs:

It's not clear as day at all that the band is around for purely financial reasons. Sorry, it just isn't. These are very talented musicians whose options may not be "limited" like you think. Yet all, with the exception of DJ, have been around for 8 or more years.

Looking at things in a black and white way, and through a prism that only reinforces your pre-existing notions may not be correct. Like I said, they may like making a living and playing together. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Ali

One last time, yes we do. They said it. Themselves. It's basic math from there. While they might enjoy each other's company, there's not a musician on the face of the Earth who genuinely enjoys playing music time and time again they were not only not creatively involved with, but they weren't even fans of to begin with. Unless, of course, the price is right ;-).

There's glaring evidence clear as day. Looking at it the most realistic way possible is better than looking at it in some far fetched, wishful thinking pov. "Maybe it grew on them...". Right. :lol:.

Aside from Dj, none of them really have a solid plan b outside of Nu Guns. Sure Tommy has the Replacements, but that was always more of a cult band. Once the reunion flare wears off, it'd be back to bars or bust for them. The rest could get the occasional gig here and there, but none that deliver the stability and consistency of nu guns. Not to mention the paycheck. That's what I mean by "limited alternatives".

If Axl was really serious about continuing nu guns creatively speaking, we wouldn't be having another rehash of more of the same. It's all but officially confirmed that we're not getting new nu songs this tour, and Bumble confirmed they haven't worked on shit since being off tour.

Axl would be rehearsing, taking better physical care of himself. But he's not. He doesn't care anymore. And even if they were starting from scratch, there's no way they'd have to tour, tour, tour to fund for new music. 2011, even 2012? Yeah believable. Kinda. Now? Lmfao. It's all amount maintaining luxury without having to crawl back to Slash. Clear. As. Day.

If you can't see that by now, it's just because you don't want to.

Why are you still here then? Does it frustrate you so much that there are some people still going to shows and supporting the band that you feel the need to spread the bad news like some sort of preacher? I think Abba are terrible but I don't go round a venue when someone plays one of their songs and try to explain why I don't like them to everyone in the hope that they're going to stop dancing...
Oh stfu. I love Guns n roses. I love Axl. Just stating the obvious. If people love effortless repetition, have at it.

Not bitter or angry, just think it's a shame of these years have gone by, and there's barely anything to show for it.

Bobbo - there are people on here who are going to defend anything and everything Axl does. Or at least spin everything associated with the band as a positive thing. It's pretty funny to watch. Remember, this is a forum that praises Axl's decision to NOT release music or to do interviews/communicate with fans........and then bashes artists that do release music on a regular basis or that communicates with their fans. Axl has integrity and refuses to play "the game." Other bands just release music/do interviews because they are sell outs who are just in it for the money. One super-fan even posted that he hoped Axl NEVER releases new music again just so he can watch people complain about it on this forum. Can you imagine that? They'd rather watch a few random strangers complain than get new music from their favorite singer.....and they call you and I haters? They say you and I need to leave the forum and go follow a band we enjoy more? While they say they hope Axl never releases new music and praise him for his lack of effort over the past 20 years.

These people actually do think this way. It's insane. Once you realize that's the mindset you are dealing with here, it makes it easier to interact with them.

• Like 1

Bobbo - there are people on here who are going to defend anything and everything Axl does. Or at least spin everything associated with the band as a positive thing. It's pretty funny to watch. Remember, this is a forum that praises Axl's decision to NOT release music or to do interviews/communicate with fans........and then bashes artists that do release music on a regular basis or that communicates with their fans. Axl has integrity and refuses to play "the game." Other bands just release music/do interviews because they are sell outs who are just in it for the money. One super-fan even posted that he hoped Axl NEVER releases new music again just so he can watch people complain about it on this forum. Can you imagine that? They'd rather watch a few random strangers complain than get new music from their favorite singer.....and they call you and I haters? They say you and I need to leave the forum and go follow a band we enjoy more? While they say they hope Axl never releases new music and praise him for his lack of effort over the past 20 years.

These people actually do think this way. It's insane. Once you realize that's the mindset you are dealing with here, it makes it easier to interact with them.

Groghan stop twisting my words. When I said I would rather wait 15 years for a masterpiece like CD than get shit albums every 2 years like with Slash, that wasn't defending the lack of releases, I was saying quality wise CD is better than Slash albums, and if it takes Axl that long to make a good album than so be it. I don't defend it, I want new stuff. I hate the lack of music. But I am of the belief we will hear music when Axl is ready, and if it takes him 15 years to be ready, so be it. Stop attacking Saber, Can, Coma and myself for defending our favorite band and singer.

I guess now we'll have a week where it's cool to tell people to leave the forum when you don't like what they have to say.

I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ON THE INTERNET ON A GUNS N' ROSES MESSAGE BOARD MAGS SO I AM GOING TO THROW A FIT AND WRITE AN ESSAY WITH A CONCLUDING PARAGRAPH TELLING YOU TO LEAVE THE FORUM. LOUD NOISES. YELLING.

Has this fucking band still not done anything creative, wow.

Is this another residency? Axl must need the cash, I'm being serious, this guy has been chasing a fast buck for like 3 years now.

AXL ROSE THE LAST TRUE ROCK STAR :headbang:

GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES :headbang: :headbang:

Rick Dunsford Exclusive!

I called just getting prices of the rooms and they said i might want to wait because they will have special packages for this event and I asked about the dates and the chick gave me all the dates.

They do have a special deal on rooms, now, though, 40% off, some of the nights around that time were pretty damn cheap ($45 a night or so).