Thoughts on the Neurotic Outsiders?

TeeJay410

I just checked em out. Took a good bit of searching to find their album, it's not available for legal download. It appears to be out of print. Regardless it's a nice punk rock record. Steve Jones is one of the best not great guitar players there have ever been. What shocked me most is how contemporary punk it sounded. Angelina sounded like it could have been on green day's "dookie" album. Thoughts?

• 1 year later...

I was thinking of making a thread in "The Jungle" but this was already here so here goes.

Listening to the album right now (it's on spotify). Seems that I never gave them a good chance before because now that I did, I think it's pretty fucking awesome! One or two weaker songs but the rest is top notch.

Among the best GNR alumni albums, easily. I'm buying it.

I think the Pistols have been pretty much put to bed. Lydon is pretty focussed on PiL these days.

Wouldn't imagine there'll be more Pistols unless he somehow becomes totally skint.

Jonesey just seems to play with his mates from times to time.

I just checked em out. Took a good bit of searching to find their album, it's not available for legal download. It appears to be out of print. Regardless it's a nice punk rock record. Steve Jones is one of the best not great guitar players there have ever been. What shocked me most is how contemporary punk it sounded. Angelina sounded like it could have been on green day's "dookie" album. Thoughts?

the way i see it angelina is like 18 x times better than any song green day has ever written

what about JERK? that song fuckin rocks.

i can listen to that entire album anytime, no need to skip songs, there is like 1 or 2 fillers (JANIE JONES and one more i cant remember now) and even those are not bad

some songs are slow growers... it took me about a year to fall in love with FEELINGS ARE GOOD... what a song!

in my book neurotic outsiders and izzys solo stuff are the best solo-gnr stuff available... by far!

you are right about steve jones, he is a master guitar player and a terrific songwriter

too bad there are no SDB boots of the band

(not that I know of anyway)

hopefully they recorded some show properly and get to release it someday...

there are a few audience recordings on circulation that are good but the sound quality is not great

i really like the SILLY THING live version they did

they also did 2 spaghetti songs live...

NEW ROSE

BLACK LEATHER (sung by steve!)

and also I WANNA BE YOUR DOG

the NO album made me go after steve jones solo stuff

and there is some REALLY good stuff on it, its worth checking

FREEDOM FIGHTER =

John taylor has released a cool version of FEELINGS ARE GOOD on a solo album