NINE INCH NAILS Discussion Lounge // New EP: 'ADD VIOLENCE' AVAILABLE 7.21

Broskirose

So I guess Trent had a pretty big part in designing Apple Music.

Pitchfork interviews him.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/60190-trent-reznor-talks-apple-music-what-his-involvement-is-what-sets-it-apart/

Sadly they didn't link their reviews for The Fragile/With Teeth in that article...they absolutely panned The Fragile :lol:
With Teeth is atrocious.
Atrocious is a bit harsh. It's clearly not on the level of TDS/TF, but it's not The Slip-esk.

Atrocious is their review of TF. They seemed to think that Trent was purposely doing all he could to shock people like TDS/Manson era, but he clearly moved onto a different part of his career. Sure it's long and some of the lyrics are meh, but overall I'd still consider it a masterpiece, abit a bloated one.

If he would've released the left side only but replaced Pilgrimage and No, You Don't with The Way Out Is Through and Into The Void (or whatever the two strongest tracks on the right side are) then it would probably be viewed with TDS as his greatest.

Agreed, The Fragile is a fantastic album and not all that far behind TDS even in its current state

I actually prefer it to TDS, but can obviously see why people like TDS more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Crazy to think Hesitation Marks was released more than 2 years ago already.

Crazier to think that WE STILL DON'T HAVE THE FRAGILE REISSUE.

(Sorry, I'm just a cranky old man these days...just the realization that I'm probably going to die before it gets released :lol: )

Edited by Crazyman

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes!

NEW MUSIC FROM NINE INCH NAILS

LATE LAST YEAR, REZNOR DECLARED, “NEW NIN COMING IN 2016. OTHER STUFF, TOO.” THE OTHER STUFF AMOUNTED TO THE SCORES FOR NASA’S JUNO SHORT FILM, THE CLIMATE CHANGE DOCUMENTARY “BEFORE THE FLOOD” (FEATURING THE SONG “A MINUTE TO BREATHE”) AND THE ABOUT-TO-BE-RELEASED PETER BERG FILM “PATRIOTS DAY”. NOW JUST IN TIME HE MAKES GOOD ON THE NINE INCH NAILS SIDE OF THINGS.

NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS, THE NEW 5 SONG EP WILL BE RELEASED NEXT FRIDAY, 12/23 WITH PREORDERS LIVE RIGHT NOW. THE EP FINDS REZNOR AND NOW OFFICIAL BANDMATE ATTICUS ROSS TAKING AN UNEXPECTED LEFT TURN FROM 2013’S HESITATION MARKS AND SOUNDING UNRECOGNIZABLE FROM THEIR CURRENT FILM WORK.

“IT’S AN UNFRIENDLY, FAIRLY IMPENETRABLE RECORD THAT WE NEEDED TO MAKE” SAYS REZNOR. “IT’S AN EP BECAUSE THAT ENDED UP BEING THE PROPER LENGTH TO TELL THAT STORY.”

Also I guess that means Atticus is officially in Nine Inch Nails. Hopefully this is good ^_^

Tracklist:

01. BRANCHES/BONES
02. DEAR WORLD
03. SHE'S GONE AWAY
04. THE IDEA OF YOU
05. BURNING BRIGHT (FIELD ON FIRE)

lol at this:

VINYL MISSION STATEMENT

IN THESE TIMES OF NEARLY UNLIMITED ACCESS TO ALL THE MUSIC IN THE WORLD, WE’VE COME TO APPRECIATE THE VALUE AND BEAUTY OF THE PHYSICAL OBJECT. OUR STORE’S FOCUS IS ON PRESENTING THESE ITEMS TO YOU. VINYL HAS RETURNED TO BEING A PRIORITY FOR US - NOT JUST FOR THE WARMTH OF THE SOUND, BUT THE INTERACTION IT DEMANDS FROM THE LISTENER. THE CANVAS OF ARTWORK, THE WEIGHT OF THE RECORD, THE SMELL OF THE VINYL, THE DROPPING OF THE NEEDLE, THE DIFFICULTY OF SKIPPING TRACKS, THE CHANGING OF SIDES, THE SECRETS HIDDEN WITHIN, AND HAVING A PHYSICAL OBJECT THAT EXISTS IN THE REAL WORLD WITH YOU… ALL PART OF THE EXPERIENCE AND MAGIC.

DIGITAL FORMATS AND STREAMING ARE GREAT AND CERTAINLY CONVENIENT, BUT THE IDEAL WAY I’D HOPE A LISTENER EXPERIENCE MY MUSIC IS TO GRAB A GREAT SET OF HEADPHONES, SIT WITH THE VINYL, DROP THE NEEDLE, HOLD THE JACKET IN YOUR HANDS LOOKING AT THE ARTWORK (WITH YOUR FUCKING PHONE TURNED OFF) AND GO ON A JOURNEY WITH ME. -TRENT REZNOR

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

DOUBLE POST BUT I DONT GIVE A FUCK - THE FRAGILE IS BEING RE-RELEASED ON LP WITH NEW TRACKS!!!!

Edit(s): All NIN releases are getting re-released on vinyl. So far The Fragile is the only one with new music. Also all the soundtracks Trent worked on solo + with Atticus, plus the HTDA album. Holy shit.

LIMITED EDITION 4 LP DECONSTRUCTION OF THE FRAGILE BY TRENT REZNOR AND ATTICUS ROSS CLOCKING IN AT 150 MINUTES!  CONTAINS INSTRUMENTALS, ALTERNATE VERSIONS AND OVER AN HOUR OF NEVER BEFORE HEARD MATERIAL FROM THE ORIGINAL FRAGILE RECORDING SESSIONS.  A COMPLETELY NEW EXPERIENCE FOR FANS OF THE ORIGINAL MASTERPIECE.

ALL TRACKS COMPLETELY REMASTERED, PRESSED ON 180GRAM VINYL.  INCLUDES HIGH RESOLUTION DIGITAL DOWNLOAD.

ONE TIME PRESSING, WHEN IT’S GONE IT’S GONE.

TRACKLIST

SIDE 1A
01. SOMEWHAT DAMAGED (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. THE DAY THE WORLD WENT AWAY (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. THE FRAIL (ALTERNATIVE VERSION)
04. THE WRETCHED (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 1B
01.MISSING PLACES
02. WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. THE FRAGILE (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. JUST LIKE YOU IMAGINED (ALTERNATIVE VERSION)
05. THE MARCH (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 2A
01. EVEN DEEPER (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. PILGRIMAGE (ALTERNATE VERSION)
03. ONE WAY TO GET THERE
04. NO, YOU DON'T (INSTRUMENTAL)
05. TAKEN

SIDE 2B
01. LA MER (ALTERNATE VERSION)
02. THE GREAT BELOW (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. NOT WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. WHITE MASK
05. THE NEW FLESH (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 3A
01. THE WAY IS OUT THROUGH (ALTERNATE VERSION)
02. INTO THE VOID (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. WHERE IS EVERYBODY? (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. THE MARK HAS BEEN MADE (ALTERNATE VERSION)

SIDE 3B
01. WAS IT WORTH IT? (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. PLEASE (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. +APPENDAGE (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. CAN I STAY HERE? (INSTRUMENTAL)
05. 10 MILES HIGH (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 4A
01. FEEDERS
02. STARFUCKERS, INC. (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. COMPLICATION (ALTERNATE VERSION)
04. CLAUSTROPHOBIA MACHINE (RAW)
05. LAST HEARD FROM

SIDE 4B
01. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOU, FINALLY (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. THE BIG COME DOWN (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. UNDERNEATH IT ALL (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. RIPE WITH DECAY (INSTRUMENTAL)
Edited by Crazyman

12 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Hey wow, that song is better than anything on skid marks

I remember when you liked that album. It's certainly not as bad as you make it out to be. Satellite and In Two are still two great songs, and really so is the majority of the rest of the album. It's better than With Teeth, even.

But then again, you actually liked the song Everything...

Haven't listened to all the tracks yet, just the one on YouTube and that was good.

7 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I remember when you liked that album. It's certainly not as bad as you make it out to be. Satellite and In Two are still two great songs, and really so is the majority of the rest of the album. It's better than With Teeth, even.

But then again, you actually liked the song Everything...

Haven't listened to all the tracks yet, just the one on YouTube and that was good.

Yeah when it dropped I liked it a lot. I still think Everything is one of the better songs on the album tbh.

I dunno, as time went on it just started sounding more and more... flat I guess. Its not horrible, but its not particularly exciting.

I blame Atticus. Nothing in NIN has really been expectionally good for me since he joined. Maybe this EP will keep my interest longer this time

• Like 1