NINE INCH NAILS Discussion Lounge // New EP: 'ADD VIOLENCE' AVAILABLE 7.21

Broskirose

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I prefer the sound from their early records. Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral, Fixed, Broken, The Fragile, And All That Could Have Been. That's the real essence of NIN. Hesitations Marks gives me nothing. 

Do you like the new song? Because it's no different than Came Back Haunted or Satellite.

9 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Do you like the new song? Because it's no different than Came Back Haunted or Satellite.

My main issue with the last album was not only the sound. It sounded uninspired for me. 

And to answer your question. I think that the new song is ok. Nothing more and nothing less

EP is out early. If you pre-ordered it you can download it now.

Speaking of which, I only downloaded the flac version, so if someone happens to have the mp3 I would definitely appreciate linkage ;););):) 

Edit: This remix of Bowie's "I Can't Give Everything Away" is confirmed to be TR/Atticus, as they played it live last night. 

Edited by Crazyman

The Background World is TR's best song in a while. First 4 minutes are insanely good. The last 7 minutes consist of a loop that is played 52 times. It's a little umconfortable but I just can't stop it in the middle. I have to listen until the end to see what it became by the last loop. Really interesting from Trent. It is a great time to be a NIN fan.

Less Than is the best thing he's done in years. Probably won't listen to the rest of the EP a second time, it's okay and all, but NIN hasn't been particularly interesting since Year Zero, and this continues the trend imo.

20 hours ago, Dan H. said:

Less Than is the best thing he's done in years. Probably won't listen to the rest of the EP a second time, it's okay and all, but NIN hasn't been particularly interesting since Year Zero, and this continues the trend imo.

Hesitation Marks actually rivals Year Zero, to me. Aside from Everything that is. That song is still garbage.

56 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Hesitation Marks actually rivals Year Zero, to me. Aside from Everything that is. That song is still garbage.

Its a decent album for sure. I can't expect NIN to please me much anymore. Their newer more mature sound isn't why I got interested in them in the first place.

Nothing Trent does is garbage, but I think I probably won't get another NIN album that I absolutely love.

These EPs have been surprisingly good though.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, maynard said:

The Background World is TR's best song in a while. First 4 minutes are insanely good. The last 7 minutes consist of a loop that is played 52 times. It's a little umconfortable but I just can't stop it in the middle. I have to listen until the end to see what it became by the last loop. Really interesting from Trent. It is a great time to be a NIN fan.

I still cant operate this website but thanks to you, there were some messages on the right hand side and it read" new NIN song". They are playing in NYC this Sunday so thank you! Love NIN, seen them live several times and they always put on amazing shows. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They killed it at Panorama last night. Great show, slightly minimalist production by Trent's standards but the huge screens on the side of the stage made up for anyone who thought it was lacking (me calling it minimalist isn't necessarily a bad thing). Highlights were The Wretched, Reptile, and Gave Up for me - Robin was an absolute beast on guitar/vocals all night, but especially for Gave Up.

Was anyone else there?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'm a little upset that blu-ray from the last tour never came out, and there was never any word about it. Not sure what happened with it, other than just production hell.

I'd love to watch it for the production but I must admit I was not a big fan of that lineup. No, I'm not a sexist bigot who hates that lineup because of the backup singers. I disliked Pino Palladino too. I disliked how Joshua Eustis' talent was wasted. The gospel backup singers didn't really mix, it felt like a Rolling Stones (ugh) concert. Pino is a great musician but simply didn't fit. They should've done a more experimental thing with Alessandro and Josh adding lots of electronics/textures but we got a kind of classic rock show with back up singers and all that shit.

This lineup is much more interesting. New EPs are better than HM. Atticus is still learning how to behave on stage but having two guys on synths brings new possibilities. THey've been doing a very rock/standard setlist and hopefully it's because this is a festival tour.

I want these guys going crazy on a proper tour. Trent should consider changing up the THTF/HLAH/Hurt ending too.