The Bon Jovi Distaster

Bruno P.

Maybe I've watched too much Axl, but what was so awful? Granted, I could only bother to watch the first couple minutes.

Assuming he's talking about the "Always" performance (his link didn't work for me so I had to navigate to the song after LOAP myself) but all of the parts where he has to go high are DREADFULLY bad. Sounds nasal as fuck and he's really struggling to hit the right pitch.

Maybe I've watched too much Axl, but what was so awful? Granted, I could only bother to watch the first couple minutes.

Assuming he's talking about the "Always" performance (his link didn't work for me so I had to navigate to the song after LOAP myself) but all of the parts where he has to go high are DREADFULLY bad. Sounds nasal as fuck and he's really struggling to hit the right pitch.

Yeah, but it's dreadfully bad in the way Axl is dreadfully bad on every song. I was expecting some Rio or Bridge School shit with the "disaster" label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXCyzIt1HdY#t=7027

This is truly cringeworthy. The song before this one, livin on a prayer, wasnt bad enough apparently as he wanted to murder yet another - cheesy - song.

One of the worst live performances i've ever seen.

it's NOT THAT bad

Axl was worse in Rio and yeah Vince Neil is more shittier than him

Oh and btw i'm not a Bon Jovi fan since 14 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCU_KTnYtg

Not only that, he's out of breath throughout and cant pronounce correctly half of the words on the last choruses. His voice cracks *all* the time and he's singing lower than before - not to mention that his voice is *completely gone* a few times.

It is a disaster, a murder.

• Like 1

Crying Brazilian girls in the crowd that's what really cringe-making. A-a-alw-a-a-ays...Damn! Some 50 year-old fuck is standing there, struggling to hit the notes like a boss, like he isn't going to make it to the end of the song and they're crying their eyes out. It makes me wanna move to the cit-ay to console them all. Guys, work it out!

BTW where's Richie? Since he's not there, they could've played Blaze of Glory as well...

His high register has been gone for years. I'm hardly a fan, but I like some of his songs and I respect his talent. I've seen him before and it was a good show. But his voice has sounded like this for awhile and its always been a major complaint. For all intents and purposes, this performance is really no different than the last 5-7 years for Jon. Unless people just fell off the face of the earth and haven't heard him sing in a really long time.

I sometimes wonder what planet you people are on, he sounds a million times better than Axl. And I can't stand Bon Jovi.

Yeah, but this thread was not about Axl, it was about Bon Jovi.

We know Axl lost his voice, it's new for me to see Bon Jovi is losing his as well.

Edited by MB.

Think he is far from losing it to be honest.

Yeah maybe true, but he is getting older and his voice isn't what it used to be. Which is ofcourse not that strange.

But I didn't know that.

Edited by MB.

Think he is far from losing it to be honest.

Yeah maybe true, but he is getting older and his voice isn't what it used to be. Which is ofcourse not that strange.

But I didn't know that.

I think you could say it is what you'd expect at this stage perhaps? I haven't followed Bon Jovi to really compare this to their prime though.

Being on a GNR forum, you would think people would be more familiar with what a disaster really is.

I've seen Bon Jovi several times, always a great show! I see nothing wrong with the performance at all. It was the second encore, not surprising he seemed a little winded at the end of the night. Not to mention he still looks mighty fine for a guy pushing 52.

I agree with the people who mention Ritchie, it sucks he's gone. And like Guns, I look at Bon Jovi's band differently now as well. But I do love a lot of his songs.