The Bon Jovi Distaster

Bruno P.

It's the first time I've seen him in ages attempt it- normally he lets the fans sing it :lol:

He should have done that again :lol:

It made me feel as though I was trying to do it - horrible! :lol:

I'm sure you'd do better than him that night - I would and I am terrible myself :lol:

They're a band I want to see before they split - hopefully I'll grab them next time they hit the UK.

Even if that was awful haha.

Bon Jovi releases shitty albums - not an opinion, a fact, according to bruno.

estranged by nunugnr sucks, a personal opinion, so it doesn't matter, according to bruno

Kids shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

if someday you get to understand that there are several objective stuff going on in a live (or studio) performance and songwriting you might grasp this simple concept.

It's the first time I've seen him in ages attempt it- normally he lets the fans sing it :lol:

He should have done that again :lol:

It made me feel as though I was trying to do it - horrible! :lol:

I'm sure you'd do better than him that night - I would and I am terrible myself :lol:

They're a band I want to see before they split - hopefully I'll grab them next time they hit the UK.

Even if that was awful haha.

i wouldnt mind seeing them, but i wouldnt pay 150, 200 dollars - that's the price of tickets here in Brazil.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Rio '13 was a bad gig for the band as a whole. Both Richie and Tico were out, the replacement drummer was a mess and JBJ sounded worse than ever before.

However, Jon's voice reached a new low just two months later - here's Always from Toronto, 11/2/13:

The performance is so horrible I don't actually know whether to laugh or cry. Yeah, Tico is back, and Phil X plays a killer solo near the end of the song, but Jon sounds like S-H-I-T. This is THE worst performance I've ever seen to be done by any professional singer of any song. It makes even this (almost equally) cringeworthy rendition from the current tour sound epic:

Say what you want, but to me Axl has never sounded this bad.

Edited by AxlDCFan99

6 hours ago, maynard said:

They both sound really bad. This JBJ performance doesn't erase the fact Axl sounds like shit in GNR.

I think the difference being, you don't really hear about JBJ and this terrible voice..(although his vibrato is still ok, he is just horribly out of tune lol..) Axl seems to get all the negative attention, whereas I had no idea JBJ had kind of lost his voice as well. Having said that, I think Axl was a beast at the performances I saw last year. 

Jon still sounds like Jon and he's got that atleast, when a guy his age struggles people go "okay he's old". But then you got Axl who still got all his range, but then starts to use this clean voice instead that doesn't sound like the Axl everyone knows at all and you go "wtf is that voice?" I wish Axl would sing in his lower register more instead of the clean one because it sounds like a completely different guy

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

I went about 3 years ago because I had never seen Bon Jovi back in the early days. I was too young. Anyway, it was okay. Jovi said they would play for 3 hours and I was like "no" lol

Anyway, this was when Richie left and they never said why? As far as I'm concerned Jovi sings in like one tone. Never too high and never too low. I was bored and apparently a lot of people were since all I saw was cell phones being used around me and not for taking video of the show. We left before the end. It was terrible. Never again.

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I went about 3 years ago because I had never seen Bon Jovi back in the early days. I was too young. Anyway, it was okay. Jovi said they would play for 3 hours and I was like "no" lol

Anyway, this was when Richie left and they never said why? As far as I'm concerned Jovi sings in like one tone. Never too high and never too low. I was bored and apparently a lot of people were since all I saw was cell phones being used around me and not for taking video of the show. We left before the end. It was terrible. Never again.

I saw them back in the day (looking back I don't know how our parents let us go alone, we were so young!)  and he was good live..but can't imagine seeing him without Richie Sambora, his backing vocals alone were invaluable.

I saw them in 2011. - and although I was pretty drunk :D remember the show as great... Neither before or after I was never great fan of them - I listened song or two on the radio but never was a album buyer so I don't know how they sound last 6 years... 

• 2 weeks later...

Last album was decent,suddenly after sambora left the band seems need time to recover,that phily guy doesn't fit good,may he's a good guitar player but i'm still not impressed with live stage,Jon looks tired and aged,there is lack of perfomance in his voice,not something new as some songs avoiding to hit high notes for more than 10 years.

Edited by Majestic Beast

• 2 years later...
56 minutes ago, AxlDCFan99 said:

Here's These Days from Moscow last night:

I have no words.

This is such a good song, though. Early/mid 90's Bon Jovi is the only era I really like because they shifted towards a more bluesy/rock/sombre sound.

And about his voice, what can he do... he's going on 60 and most of the songs aren't that easy vocal wise, even back in the day he sometimes had trouble reaching those high notes.