Has appetite ever been remastered?

Wait, wait. CD is brickwalled to an extent aswell! Axl chosed the less brickwalled version out of 3, but on some songs it still is!!!

AFD, Lies and UYI MFSL CDs are the real deal when it comes to full dynamics and audiophile quality!

CD is NOT brickwalled. The dynamics are here, no clipping. The mix is indeed very busy, but it's not brickwalled at all. Mastering-wise, ChiDem is perfect.

Concerning the MFSLs, while I agree that they are the best CD versions of the UYIs, I think that the standard discs of both Appetite and Lies are better than the MFSL versions. Plus they were mastered by Barry Diament, whose work is highly revered among audiophiles.

brickwalled "to an extent" was what i was saying, meaning a limited extent. look at Rhiad for example:

qv7dq5qx.jpg

though it aint totally brickwalled, but the dynamics aint fully there!! they did hard limiting cutting off the upper dynamics.....which is where brickwalling comes to the game. that also often is the case on the ending parts of Axl's CD songs, too. this is NOT perfection, sorry.

check this awesome short youtube-clip about the "loudness war" which explains it best:

Edited by Lim666

I'd love to hear Axls rerecorded version of AFD with Finck n Bucket.

No Bucket, as I understand it.

I think it's Finck, Huge, Stinson, Freese (and Dizzy, making the tea)

I hope it leaks.

I'd love to hear the 99 AFD as well. Hopefully someday. If someone has more information give me a buzzzzzzzzz.

As far as the mastering on AFD goes, I think Barry did an incredible job and I would hate to see it get re-mastered and destroyed by today's 'sound'

I know the AFD Blu-Ray audio was in the works before being cancelled but I know it wasn't a re-master.

Also, for any re-mastering to take place, Slash/Duff/Axl all have to agree and sign off on it. Sometimes record labels have the ability to do whatever they want and re-master an artists album but GNR were smart enough to put this in their contract. This issue came up during the GH lawsuit when GNR tried to argue that UMG was releasing 're-mastered' tracks on the GH cd. UMG won that by showing the tracks were not re-mastered at all.