Hip-Hop in 2014 Thread

Estranged Reality

Guest Len B'stard

I like Kendrick actually, not too in love with his choice of topics but hes good, hes got skill, personality, backseat freestyle is class :)

Theres nothing wrong with goofballs, i like goofballs but what we're talking about is a real actual narc. Its not like trolling on his part, hes a massive fake.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

New Onyx?

That's the rumor.

I like Kendrick actually, not too in love with his choice of topics but hes good, hes got skill, personality, backseat freestyle is class :)

Theres nothing wrong with goofballs, i like goofballs but what we're talking about is a real actual narc. Its not like trolling on his part, hes a massive fake.

You can hear the punk in his voice. It's bad.

Nu Wu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RmlI03Zm2mU

New Onyx?

That's the rumor.

It's out. Check atrilli.net if you need a link. Listened to the first couple songs. Sounds like Onyx.

I don't know about the new Wu. There's no need for that chorus, and Deck and GZA are pretty weak there. And I hear there's no Raekwon and limited Ghost? I dunno. :nervous:

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I didn't know that Onyx was actually out. Will check it out later for sure.

That was sick J, where was that from?

New single. New album will be out soon, A Better Tomorrow. I agree with Mags it probably didn't even need a chorus. But I like everything else. More of a raw, back to old Wu sound to me. We will see.

Cheers fella, i will, what album? :)

He just released his major label debut, Oxymoron. it's a good one, I'd go with that.

Cheers for the recommendation! Haven't bought a new Hip Hop CD since Kendrick's GKMC. Oxymoron will most likely change that.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we're all tired of hearing about Kendrick but I'm relistening to GKMC and it's just so fucking good. There's no way he can top this, he poured out so much of himself into it, like what could he have left to say?

Still enjoying Schoolboy Q's album. Guess I have to check out Ab-Soul's stuff soon.

Seeing Fredo Santana in Philly next month:

Tickets are $15!

Edited by Jakey Styley

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wayne's back:

Did anyone ask him where he was?

Talk about a tragedy. He was one of the best rappers in his prime, up through Carter III (which even had its fair share of haters, but which I still love). He sharply fell off right after the success of that record. I think the sizzurp killed all his brain cells. He's literally responsible for some of the absolute worst lyrics I've heard the last few years, some of the weakest verses in general.

This track is mediocre, btw.