La Bella Vita (New DJ Solo)

I wish he'd do a song like Intermission again. Easily the best instrumental he's done.

I'd take Sorum's drum solo from the 90's over this shit. Embarrassing.

I watched Farewell Ballad right after watching DJ's shitty new solo again. I'm not a fan of Zakk, but you can clearly hear who's the real deal here and who's the poser.

I'm going to see him do an acoustic show tonight! :D

How was the show? I've got tickets to his Toronto show

Zakk Wylde in the 90s might have been cool in GNR, I think his playing has become more and more tasteless over the years though to the point I cant stand to listen to him (goes tenfold for his "singing")

He wouldn't last with Axl personality wise though, most importantly.

I wish he'd do a song like Intermission again. Easily the best instrumental he's done.

I watched Farewell Ballad right after watching DJ's shitty new solo again. I'm not a fan of Zakk, but you can clearly hear who's the real deal here and who's the poser.

It was awesome :D It's just him and another guitar player, he does a few piano songs too. The only song I was kinda bummed he didn't play was 'Crazy or High' but he played everything else I wanted to hear so definitely no complaints overall! The venue was cool too, it was a theatre that holds less than 500 people.

It was awesome :D It's just him and another guitar player, he does a few piano songs too. The only song I was kinda bummed he didn't play was 'Crazy or High' but he played everything else I wanted to hear so definitely no complaints overall! The venue was cool too, it was a theatre that holds less than 500 people.

I quite liked Zakk with Ozzy and liked his early BLS stuff as well as all the "chicken picking" and "farm fiddling" especially the song "I hate your guts" :D

By far my favourite Zakk song is a piano cover of "Whiter Shade of Pale" it is gorgeous.

Gave it another chance, it's not bad, prefer it to BOD and Mi Amor.

Did it make you feel like you were 15 again, masturbating in your bedroom with the volume down low, hoping your parents don't hear? :lol:

Hah, we didn't have Skinemax in Abu Dhabi, I had to settle for pictures on FHM.com :P

Awesome

I really liked it.

I think DJ crafts some excellent stuff.

Like what exactly?

ballad of Death, Mi Amor...I preferred BOD by a smidge over MA.

I understand you don't like DJ's work. To each his own!

btw, I listened to the Zakk Wylde clip...and I thought it was good, I just liked DJ's better. :shades:

I like Ballad Of Death btw, but that's the only decent piece of music I've heard from DJ. You said DJ crafts excellent stuff, so I was just curious. Personally, I wouldn't call anything DJ came up with 'excellent'.

Well, after hearing this, I can't help re-assessing this guy a little.

I still don't like his look, or some of the cheesy stage-moves, and he isn't a great technical guitarist. But he seems to have an ear for a melody, and that is what GNR have been sorely missing. So maybe Axl knows what he's doing after all.

• Like 3

I just dont get why everone thinks this is bad....

I never fully understand the whole hate on ashba. Robin butchered slash on november rain and loads of songs. He had all the hate on this forum in 06. Funny how he gets some sort of nostalgia fandom a few years later.

DJ is a bit of a sellout but his ability is nothing to get worked up about. Especially in a band with 3 guitarists.

A least the song is melodic and not pointless shredding like every other metal band out there.

I am a big Robin fan, but I will be the first to admit that at times some of Slash's guitar solos seemed a little too difficult too him ("November Rain" being the obvious offender). That being said, Robin was a good enough guitarist and musician that when he attempted these solos, he at least sounded like he was getting through them and able to add his own unique spin on them. They may not have sounded like Slash, but they were fluid. Also, as others have pointed out, Robin's work on Chinese Democracy was top notch and really defined the album.

When you hear DJ play something out of his league (either by Slash or Robin) he resorts to gimmickry like pick slides and dumbed down versions of solos to cover up the fact that he really cannot play them well. It just sounds choppy and unfitting.