Def Leppard/STYX/Tesla 2015 tour dates

Subtle Signs

What a terrible idea for a tour, and that's coming from the guy who is probably the biggest KISS fan on the forum. That said these multiple bills are a good excuse for the band to play for less time and not have the crowd feel ripped off so with Paul's declining voice the last few years I can see why KISS might be looking more frequently into doing this kind of thing (seeing as the co-headling tour with Motley wasn't all that long ago). Maybe I just got spoiled when they played for close to two and a half hours in 2009.

Aerosmith is back on the road in the States this Summer as well. If they don't come anywhere near me as has been the case lately, and this tour does, I'd consider it if tickets were dirt cheap. I've seen Poison and KISS before, so I'd really just be going to see Def Lep.

Aerosmith is playing Sofia the day I'm leaving (17th May)! Considering getting tickets as I've never seen them, but I'd have to spend £40 to change my flight and stay another 3 days...

I'll be there.

Poison is a guilty pleasure for me, and to a lesser extent Def Lep as well. I say Def Lep to a lesser extent because they're respected a bit more because of High N' Dry, Pyromania, and Hysteria. But I like their cheesy stuff too, I grew up on it and I still love it.

I'm not a big KISS fan. Still, I'm sure I'll enjoy their show, they have a few songs I love (Calling Dr. Love, I Wanna Rock N' Roll All Night, God Gave Rock N' Roll To You) and I don't hate the rest of their catalogue, just not my favorite.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2014/03/12/kiss-and-def-leppard-to-make-major-announcement-on-march-17/

KISS and Def Leppard are calling a press conference for March 17 in Los Angeles to make a “major announcement.” Though there’s no official word, a source close to one of the bands tells ABC News Radio that KISS and Def Leppard are planning a summer co-headlining tour, set to kick off in late June and go through the very end of August.

Though it’s being billed as a co-headlining tour, the source tells ABC News Radio that KISS will be the closing band on all dates. There is speculation that the tour could extend internationally, but as of now only U.S. dates are set.

The press conference will stream live next Monday on Live Nation’s website.

KISS and Def Leppard have combined album sales of more than 200 million.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2014/03/12/kiss-and-def-leppard-to-make-major-announcement-on-march-17/

KISS and Def Leppard are calling a press conference for March 17 in Los Angeles to make a “major announcement.” Though there’s no official word, a source close to one of the bands tells ABC News Radio that KISS and Def Leppard are planning a summer co-headlining tour, set to kick off in late June and go through the very end of August.

Though it’s being billed as a co-headlining tour, the source tells ABC News Radio that KISS will be the closing band on all dates. There is speculation that the tour could extend internationally, but as of now only U.S. dates are set.

And for anyone who doesn't want their eyes burned out of their sockets :P :

I've seen Def Leppard once and KISS twice. I enjoyed both bands live but I kind of wish KISS was going out alone. I have really been in a KISS mood lately and would like to see them on their own again.

I'll probably go though, it'll be cheap enough

I guess I'll wait for the dates and go from there. KISS is just so much better on their own. I was extremely disappointed with the KISS/Motley Crue tour. A 90 minute set for KISS? That's an hour less than they played in 2009 and 2010. I can imagine it will be the same deal here. Like I said earlier in the thread though, they probably go this route as an excuse to play for a shorter amount of time because of Paul's declining voice.

Still, I might just buy a cheap ticket to be there. Def Leppard has never really been my cup of tea but I don't hate them or anything.

I've seen both Kiss and Def Leppard and I honestly don't need to see either one of them again.

I saw Kiss for the first time in 1977 at Madison Square Garden and it was the original members and that show was awesome. One of a kind theatrics and they played great songs back then.

Saw them again about 5 or 6 years ago and really wasn't impressed.

I'm sure these tickets will be very outrageous. Gene has to get paid! lol

"You don't co-headline unless you have to."

- Eddie Trunk's take on the KISS/Crue tour

I agree to some extent, but I don't think it is because of money or not being able to sell out crowds like Eddie did. (If memory serves me correct).

I'm going with the Paul's declining voice theory. I saw KISS on the Sonic Boom/Hottest Show on Earth Tour; 4th row but it was really 1st because Gene kept calling me up to get right next to the stage barricades all night. It was an amazing show, but Paul's voice just gave out numerous times on "Crazy Crazy Nights" and when he was trying to talk even. I thought he was just sick that night, but looking back at footage from 09-10, it wasn't the case. The last Paul Stanley performance that blew me away was in 2006.

KISS, with Simmons and Stanley anyways, is slowing down because they both know they can't do it for much longer.

That's just it. Gene isn't stupid and neither is Paul. They know they're getting to the point where they can't do it anymore. Gene admittedly still sounds pretty good live but Paul has been struggling, even after tuning down. Without Paul's voice, KISS is done. I don't think it's trouble with sales because they've still been drawing well on the last few tours. Co-headlining is a different angle that works for the sake of doing a shorter show in which the fans don't feel ripped off because they got to see two big bands.

I saw Poison live many times here in Dallas.

Even though they haven't put out a new album in years, they do put on one of the best shows I've seen.

Brett is full of energy as is the rest of the band. "Play it CC" still works! lol

The band is obviously having a great time and so are their fans. it's like one big party.

Poison rocks.

• Like 1

Bands: Def Leppard & Kiss Summer Tour Package
When - Monday March 17th, 2014
Time - 11AM PST - 2PM EST
Location - Los Angeles, CA
Venue - HOUSE OF BLUES
Attending - Both Def Leppard & Kiss will be there.

Note:
- Co-Headlining Tour
- Tour Starts in Late June
- Ends in Late August
- 40 Shows maybe more covering 2 Countries.
- Possible 3rd Leg if the 1st 2 legs sell well.
- Possible International dates if 3rd leg happens.

KISS and Def Leppard to Announce 2014 Heroes Tour

"The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes is looking to have 200 veterans and service members (preferably in uniform) come to the House of Blues in Hollywood for a special event/announcement!Two Legendary Bands – One Tour
On Monday March 17th at the House of Blues in Los Angeles, KISS and Def Leppard will announce the “2014 Heroes Tour” – and we want you to be a part of it.

The “2014 Heroes Tour” will help change the lives of veterans and military families across America. That’s why KISS and Def Leppard are teaming up with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring our Heroes program to make this special announcement in front of an exclusive audience of the men and women who have proudly served our country.

Who: KISS and Def Leppard
What: “2014 Heroes Tour” Announcement – Guests will be able to take photos with the bands and participate in Q&A with the bands and giveaways for KISS items (subject to availability)
When: Monday, March 17, 2014 11am-2pm (lunch provided)

RSVP as soon as possible to hohspecialevents@gmail.com (let them know if you can come in uniform)

- See more at: militaryoneclick.com/kiss-and-def-leppard-to-announce-2014-heroes-tour/#sthash.vgH0hhV0.dpuf

militaryoneclick.com/kiss-and-def-leppard-to-announce-2014-heroes-tour/

Read more: http://rockbrigade.proboards.com/thread ... z2vzK5tefb

Here are the dates. Presales start today for most (if not all) of the shows and the general sale is Friday.

June 23 - West Valley City, UT (USANA Amphitheater)
June 25 - Denver, CO (Pepsi Center)
June 27 - Ridgefield, WA (Sleep Country Amphitheater)
June 29 - Auburn, WA (White River Amphitheatre)
July 2 - Concord, CA (Concord Pavilion)
July 3 - Wheatland, CA (Sacramento Valley Amphitheatre)
July 5 - Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
July 6 - Chula Vista, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
July 8 - Los Angeles, CA (The Forum)
July 9 - Phoenix, AZ (Ak-Chin Pavilion)
July 12 - Austin, TX (Austin360 Amphitheater, on sale March 22)
July 13 - Dallas, TX (Gexa Energy Pavilion)
July 15 - Cincinnati, OH (Riverbend Music Center)
July 16 - Nashville, TN (Bridgestone Arena)
July 18 - Atlanta, GA (Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood, on sale March 22)
July 19 - Charlotte, NC (PNC Music Pavilion)
July 20 - Raleigh, NC (Walnut Creek Amphitheatre)
July 22 - West Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheatre)
July 23 - Tampa, FL (MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre)
July 25 - Bristow, VA (Jiffy Lube Live)
July 26 - Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center, on sale March 22)
August 1 - Mansfield, MA (Xfinity Center)
August 2 - Atlantic City, NJ (Boardwalk Hall, on sale TBA)
August 3 - Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
August 5 - Saratoga Springs, NY (SPAC, on sale March 22)
August 6 - Wantagh, NY (Nikon At Jones Beach Theatre, on sale TBA)
August 8 - Virginia Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach, on sale March 22)
August 9 - Scranton, PA (Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain)
August 10 - Hartford, CT (Xfinity Theatre)
August 12 - Toronto, ON (Molson Canadian Amphitheatre)
August 13 - Darien, NY (Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, on sale March 22)
August 15 - East Troy, WI (Alpine Valley Music Theatre)
August 16 - Tinley Park, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre)
August 17 - Minneapolis, MN (Target Center)
August 20 - Des Moines, IA (Wells Fargo Arena)
August 22 - Noblesville, IN (Klipsch Music Center)
August 23 - Clarkston, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre, on sale March 22)
August 24 - Burgettstown, PA (First Niagara Pavilion, on sale March 22)
August 26 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH (Blossom Music Center)
August 28 - Maryland Heights, MO (Verizon Wireless Amp, on sale March 22)
August 29 - Tulsa, OK (BOK Center)
August 31 - Woodlands, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)

I'll have to decide if I'm doing the Toronto show or not.

Just checked out the Toronto prices. $52.75 - $205.00 is the range. It looks like it can cost up top $101 just for the 400 section at the Molson. Considering I only paid $100 to be in Row 7 on the floor in London last July, I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay the same money to be a hundred miles away. I refuse to do the lawn because the time time I did it was horrible, even if it meant just being there. Too far away and terrible sound.

Fucking disgrace that anyone would even see this show for anything other than Def Leppard. Leppard hasn't been good since Hysteria, but at least they go out and still really try with some older material (and their "hits" are still pretty good). KISS is a glorified cover band that play on just as much autopilot as GNR.

Fucking disgrace that anyone would even see this show for anything other than Def Leppard. Leppard hasn't been good since Hysteria, but at least they go out and still really try with some older material (and their "hits" are still pretty good). KISS is a glorified cover band that play on just as much autopilot as GNR.

So having the two main singers and songwriters they've had from the beginning and putting out two new albums since 2009 makes them a glorified cover band exactly how?

I understand people don't like Eric and Tommy wearing Ace and Peter's makeup but I also understand when people sound like morons....this is one of those times.