Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Def Leppard/KISS co-headlining tour to be announced March 17th.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• Supporters
  • 15,326 posts
  • 10-May 08

Motley should have grabbed Poison and KISS for the final tour, that would be a kick ass gig. Alice Cooper :no:

When do tickets for this go on sale?

this might actually be the most idiotic thing you've ever posted.

Bacardi - again, we all know you hate 80's rock music. Why do you post in every thread that comes up that is about 80s rock bands?

Why does it bother you? There's no rule against it, it's not off-topic. If I have an opinion on the subject matter of a thread I'll post it if I see fit, just like every sweaty rock fan here has to chip in their two cents on Kanye every time he gets brought up.
  • Sixes likes this

dQOAHSG.png

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,850 posts
  • 11-August 12

Alice Cooper is infinitely more talented than Crue, Poison, Kiss put together. He also puts on a show that is much better than the first two of those bands, and perhaps, the third one.

• Powerage5 likes this

Zeppelin

Zeppelin

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  • 15-October 04

THE CASH GRAB TOUR

Ramble On

Val22

Val22

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • 23-November 08

I saw Alice Cooper in concert last year and he rocked it! He's got a great band and still does the whole horror performance stuff plus the snake.

I find him very entertaining live. he can still bring it live and his voice still sounds cool.

I'm glad the Crue have him with them. I was debating whether to see the Crue final tour, but once Alice was added, I was yeah.

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 5,490 posts
  • 14-February 11
Aerosmith is back on the road in the States this Summer as well. If they don't come anywhere near me as has been the case lately, and this tour does, I'd consider it if tickets were dirt cheap. I've seen Poison and KISS before, so I'd really just be going to see Def Lep.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04

What a terrible idea for a tour, and that's coming from the guy who is probably the biggest KISS fan on the forum. That said these multiple bills are a good excuse for the band to play for less time and not have the crowd feel ripped off so with Paul's declining voice the last few years I can see why KISS might be looking more frequently into doing this kind of thing (seeing as the co-headling tour with Motley wasn't all that long ago). Maybe I just got spoiled when they played for close to two and a half hours in 2009.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

Amir

Amir

Trying to start some mini-Iran

• Supporters
  • 4,999 posts
  • 30-December 08

Aerosmith is back on the road in the States this Summer as well. If they don't come anywhere near me as has been the case lately, and this tour does, I'd consider it if tickets were dirt cheap. I've seen Poison and KISS before, so I'd really just be going to see Def Lep.

Aerosmith is playing Sofia the day I'm leaving (17th May)! Considering getting tickets as I've never seen them, but I'd have to spend £40 to change my flight and stay another 3 days...

2010: 13th Sep: Bercy, Paris; 15th Sep: L'Arc, Paris; 16th Sep: Geneva; 13th Oct: O2, London; 14th Oct: O2, London; 16th Dec: Abu Dhabi

2012: 24th Feb: Atlantic City; 25th May: Glasgow; 31st May: O2, London; 1st June: O2, London; 15th July: EXIT, Serbia;

2013: 28th March: Abu Dhabi

2014: 6th April: Buenos Aires

5R4Y1cA.png

INFINITE REASONS TO LOVE AXL ROSE

Raz0r

Raz0r

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • 23-August 13
I'll be there.

Poison is a guilty pleasure for me, and to a lesser extent Def Lep as well. I say Def Lep to a lesser extent because they're respected a bit more because of High N' Dry, Pyromania, and Hysteria. But I like their cheesy stuff too, I grew up on it and I still love it.

I'm not a big KISS fan. Still, I'm sure I'll enjoy their show, they have a few songs I love (Calling Dr. Love, I Wanna Rock N' Roll All Night, God Gave Rock N' Roll To You) and I don't hate the rest of their catalogue, just not my favorite.

xGNRxSTARx

xGNRxSTARx

GN'R EDUCATOR(TM)

• Supporters
  • 5,980 posts
  • 15-February 06

http://www.classichi...nt-on-march-17/

KISS and Def Leppard are calling a press conference for March 17 in Los Angeles to make a “major announcement.” Though there’s no official word, a source close to one of the bands tells ABC News Radio that KISS and Def Leppard are planning a summer co-headlining tour, set to kick off in late June and go through the very end of August.

Though it’s being billed as a co-headlining tour, the source tells ABC News Radio that KISS will be the closing band on all dates. There is speculation that the tour could extend internationally, but as of now only U.S. dates are set.

The press conference will stream live next Monday on Live Nation’s website.

KISS and Def Leppard have combined album sales of more than 200 million.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Edited by xGNRxSTARx, 12 March 2014 - 08:39 PM.

Formerly RANCID PUNKS. Always happy to GNR-Educate™ a Broham. It's good to be home,kids!

"You should probably be quiet considering you were still swimming in your dad's sack when GNR were a functioning band.

We have memories. You have what you've been told. I doubt anyone needs a high school kid to remind them of GNR facts"-Rustycage to wfuckinga-1/2/14

OmarBradley

OmarBradley

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • 30-August 13

http://www.classichi...nt-on-march-17/

KISS and Def Leppard are calling a press conference for March 17 in Los Angeles to make a “major announcement.” Though there’s no official word, a source close to one of the bands tells ABC News Radio that KISS and Def Leppard are planning a summer co-headlining tour, set to kick off in late June and go through the very end of August.

Though it’s being billed as a co-headlining tour, the source tells ABC News Radio that KISS will be the closing band on all dates. There is speculation that the tour could extend internationally, but as of now only U.S. dates are set.

The press conference will stream live next Monday on Live Nation’s website.

And for anyone who doesn't want their eyes burned out of their sockets :P :

KISS and Def Leppard are calling a press conference for March 17 in Los Angeles to make a “major announcement.” Though there’s no official word, a source close to one of the bands tells ABC News Radio that KISS and Def Leppard are planning a summer co-headlining tour, set to kick off in late June and go through the very end of August.

The press conference will stream live next Monday on Live Nation’s website.

GNR - Hammerstein Ballroom 5/17/06, Continental Airlines Arena 11/08/06, Susquehanna Bank Center 11/26/11   VR - Starland Ballroom 5/18/07, PNC Bank Arts Center 8/17/07
Slash - Borgata 5/22/10 and 9/17/10,  Terminal 5 9/14/10, Rams Head 5/3/12, Irving Plaza 5/22/12, Wellmont Theatre 8/3/12, House of Blues 9/14/12, Sands Bethlehem Event Center 7/16/13 

ZoSoRose

ZoSoRose

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,016 posts
  • 14-December 08

I've seen Def Leppard once and KISS twice. I enjoyed both bands live but I kind of wish KISS was going out alone. I have really been in a KISS mood lately and would like to see them on their own again.

I'll probably go though, it'll be cheap enough

Guns N' Roses- London Ontario 2010, Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Detroit Michigan 2012 | Slash- Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Grand Rapids Michigan 2012, Detroit Michigan 2012, Lansing Michigan 2013 | Duff McKagan- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Buckethead- Detroit Michigan 2011 | Walking Papers- Clarkston Michigan 2013 | The Dead Daisies- Clarkston Michigan 2013| Met Slash, Duff, Ron, Richard, Dizzy and DJ

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,409 posts
  • 19-December 04

I guess I'll wait for the dates and go from there. KISS is just so much better on their own. I was extremely disappointed with the KISS/Motley Crue tour. A 90 minute set for KISS? That's an hour less than they played in 2009 and 2010. I can imagine it will be the same deal here. Like I said earlier in the thread though, they probably go this route as an excuse to play for a shorter amount of time because of Paul's declining voice.

Still, I might just buy a cheap ticket to be there. Def Leppard has never really been my cup of tea but I don't hate them or anything.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

Val22

Val22

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • 23-November 08

I've seen both Kiss and Def Leppard and I honestly don't need to see either one of them again.

I saw Kiss for the first time in 1977 at Madison Square Garden and it was the original members and that show was awesome. One of a kind theatrics and they played great songs back then.

Saw them again about 5 or 6 years ago and really wasn't impressed.

I'm sure these tickets will be very outrageous. Gene has to get paid! lol

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,850 posts
  • 11-August 12

I saw Kiss in 2011 and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to.

Sixes

Sixes

DEMI-GOD

• Supporters
  • 1,479 posts
  • 05-May 07

Saw KISS on the Asylum tour. Ok show but not the same without the makeup and all that goes with it

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users