Axl Rose's Top 5 On-Stage Rants

The Serpico one has got to be noted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1x2YH0xubk

Pathetic.

Oh really? If you can't laugh about it there's something wrong with you.

Yes, oh really.

I could laugh, but not for the reasons you might be expecting me to laugh. When I was younger, around 12, I found his rants amazing. A rock star telling the system to fuck off, damn, so cool. Yep, but when I was 12.

Now when you think about it, it's depressing, sad and pathetic. I mean, an old guy who is totally out of breath, ranting about the press (yet again) and his old bandmates, trying to portray himself as the victim (that's the Serpico reference) to an audience that couldn't care less about what he has to say? Nah, that's not funny at all and I find nothing to laugh about.

That said, Serpico is a great movie and I loved Al Pacino's performance. I could give you that. :)

• Like 1

Watching an old Axl pushing 50 at the time and ranting about his old bandmates is sad. Pacing the stage out of breath, looking nothing like his old self, and trying hard to play the victim comes off awkward and forced. There was nothing cool about a guy that age telling people to suck his dick, it really does come off ridiculous.

I just read your post and it's basically what I wrote in response to machinegunner. :lol:

I always enjoy listening to Axl talk, so I didn't mind the rants, but I prefer it when Axl is in a good mood and he's just telling funny stories.

The Eddie Trunk interview was so cool. I could listen to Axl talking for hours. He's quite funny imo.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for those Axl talking sessions like Bumble mentioned. How Axl will just talk and then it's been like 20 hours or more? I would buy an audio cd of just Axl telling funny stories to Bumble.

Or maybe even an Axl talk radio thing.

Josh Homme is a bigger asshole than Axl.

Why do you say that? Josh is fucking awesome!

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I actually enjoy the rants. I enjoy them because it is like living vicariously through him. There are many times that I would love to flip someone off. There have been plenty of times I wanted to go on an obscenity laced tirade aimed at the person who has been pissing me off. There have been times I wanted to tell a manager, a supervisor, a director to go fuck themselves. Once or twice, I've done all these things. Most of the time, I am your average, upstanding citizen who just grinds her teeth and bites her tongue and seeths silently. The part of me that is still 21 years old, 10 feet tall, and bulletproof LOVES every second of these rants because my inner rocker roars with delight at the prospect of some poor dipshit who had the bad luck to draw Axl's ire. Yes, I'm sure many instances were of his own making, but he is unapologetically honest. He lays it out there for the world to see, in all his furious glory and I, in my suburban home, with my "normal" family, my Monday-Friday job, and my repressed wild side, bask in the ferocity of all the things that he is free to say, shout, or shriek in front of tens of thousands of people. Oh, to be so free.

The thing is that he "lays it out there" when the other party can't really respond. He's ranting when he's relatively safe, which differs a lot from the average Joe ranting to his manager.

Exactly.

And P4A and Nosaj lay it out perfectly as well.

Ranting about life or various topics is one thing.......but when you are attacking other people, that's just juvenile and embarrassing.

My favorite one is the one where, see, i ain't heard these in years but he's having a go at someone, saying something like 'you're a dumb motherfucker, you just got the shit beat out of you and keep coming back for more' and in the middle the guy obviously must've made a gesture that irked Axl a bit cuz he suddenly actually sounds REALLY pissed and he's like 'HEY, YOU WANNA FUCKIN' FLIP ME OFF YOU PIECE O SHIT?!?! COME UP HERE!' :lol: Classic!

Funny how he never seems to flip at someone who looks like he can have it though eh? I wonder whyyyyy..

Philly 91 during WTTJ.

The Serpico one has got to be noted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1x2YH0xubk

Pathetic.

Yes, oh really.

I could laugh, but not for the reasons you might be expecting me to laugh. When I was younger, around 12, I found his rants amazing. A rock star telling the system to fuck off, damn, so cool. Yep, but when I was 12.

Now when you think about it, it's depressing, sad and pathetic. I mean, an old guy who is totally out of breath, ranting about the press (yet again) and his old bandmates, trying to portray himself as the victim (that's the Serpico reference) to an audience that couldn't care less about what he has to say? Nah, that's not funny at all and I find nothing to laugh about.

That said, Serpico is a great movie and I loved Al Pacino's performance. I could give you that. :)

Just one question. So it's ok for you to be pathetic, but not for Axl?

• Haha 1

Pathetic.

Yes, oh really.

Just one question. So it's ok for you to be pathetic, but not for Axl?

Lol, personal atttack just because the guy doesn't like Axl rants anymore? That's pathetic.

Remember, it's okay and "extra cool" for Mr. Tophat to talk trash in the media about his ex-bandmates, but it's not okay for Axl to have a little venting at a concert that was filmed by a cellular telephone. Got it.

Lol, personal atttack just because the guy doesn't like Axl rants anymore? That's pathetic.

Honestly BBA, I think you should really date sailaway. You two are like the yin and yang of obsessive gnr-fan alt accounts. I think you two were meant for eachother.

• Like 1

Remember, it's okay and "extra cool" for Mr. Tophat to talk trash in the media about his ex-bandmates, but it's not okay for Axl to have a little venting at a concert that was filmed by a cellular telephone. Got it.

Honestly BBA, I think you should really date sailaway. You two are like the yin and yang of obsessive gnr-fan alt accounts. I think you two were meant for eachother.

ProstituteComa is not BBA.

Who is it then and why are banned members allowed to come back with alt accounts?

Who is it then and why are banned members allowed to come back with alt accounts?

Dude relax, you are a returned member yourself, so you know everybody deserves a second chance. What's with the hate? I'm not a fan of the new band but it's not like I keep attacking Axl all day long... Try to have some fun, I'm doing my best.

Dude relax, you are a returned member yourself, so you know everybody deserves a second chance. What's with the hate? I'm not a fan of the new band but it's not like I keep attacking Axl all day long... Try to have some fun, I'm doing my best.

Well I may be a returned member but I have always had one account.

Well I may be a returned member but I have always had one account.

And that's great, you're probably a better person and fan than me. Just take it easy dude, if I insulted you somehow, feel free to PM me. Cheers.