I want to go to a record store and buy a new GNR album again

I remember in 08 i was so happy because Chinese was the first Guns record I ever bought myself, and I was so happy with the album, and so happy to finally getting it after waiting and waiting. I want to be able to go to a record store and buy a brand new GN'R album on CD and Vinyl LP again. I miss that. I really hope something will come this year. Come on, Axl, I have faith in you. There's not really much else to add other than that.

• Like 4

there are still record stores and outlets.

i also was hyped up going to Best buy getting CD.a physical CD,no fucking download.

amoeba in San Francisco is probably the US biggest record store.

they have it all.

so yeah,it's about time we can buy a CD from Axl,regardless backing band.

I remember going to Best Buy the day the album came out, thinking to myself I hope I don't have to wait on a long line, I have other things to do today. People had been talking about camping outside the store, it was the most anticipated album of all time afterall! :lol: I had these visions of the Illusions release in my head on the drive there. I was determined I would walk out with the album though, no matter how long it took. Too freakin funny, I couldn't have been any more wrong.

I remember going to Best Buy the day the album came out, thinking to myself I hope I don't have to wait on a long line, I have other things to do today. People had been talking about camping outside the store, it was the most anticipated album of all time afterall! :lol: I had these visions of the Illusions release in my head on the drive there. I was determined I would walk out with the album though, no matter how long it took. Too freakin funny, I couldn't have been any more wrong.

A - many curious people already listened to it on Myspace.

B - it's not the 90's anymore. Hard rock is not as big as it used to be when Gn'R was at it's peak.

Edited by Rovim

C - it was a load of bollocks that no one cared about :lol:

Yeah, cause hard rock albums sell like hot cakes and rock was huge in 2008...

People were curious as fuck about it. Even non Gn'R fans, so yeah, many cared about it. It was talked about and talked about. But people don't line up outside record stores anymore. The album failed to make a splash, but no lines to wait in BestBuy wasn't just or mainly because Chinese was 'a load of bollocks' as you so eloquently put.

It was the state of rock music as a whole. That was a big factor too in why Patience4Axl didn't need to wait in Bestbuy just to buy it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

B - it's not the 90's anymore. Hard rock is not as big as it used to be when Gn'R was at it's peak.

Judging from your join date, you were here when the album came out. I got caught up in the hype here when we finally got a release date for CD. This place has a way of making things seem like reality, even when they're usually not.

I heard all the leaks an eventually the songs on Myspace. I didn't like most of them, and convinced myself that somehow the actual album would be better.

Guest Len B'stard

People were curious as fuck about it. Even non Gn'R fans, so yeah, many cared about it. It was talked about and talked about. But people don't line up outside record stores anymore. The album failed to make a splash, but no lines to wait in BestBuy wasn't just or mainly because Chinese was 'a load of bollocks' as you so eloquently put.

It was the state of rock music as a whole. That was a big factor too in why Patience4Axl didn't need to wait in Bestbuy just to buy it.

Right and rock albums that are a load of bollocks are emblematic of the state of rock as a whole. Weren't the Beatles Mono boxsets and all this shit queued for if i recall and sold out pretty lively too?

People were curious as fuck about it. Even non Gn'R fans, so yeah, many cared about it. It was talked about and talked about.

In terms of positive anticipation? I'm sorry but no it wasn't, by who, where? Fuck that, even outside of the parameters of positive anticipation, it just weren't.

Edited by sugaraylen

Judging from your join date, you were here when the album came out. I got caught up in the hype here when we finally got a release date for CD. This place has a way of making things seem like reality, even when they're usually not.

I heard all the leaks an eventually the songs on Myspace. I didn't like most of them, and convinced myself that somehow the actual album would be better.

That explains it. I'm sure you know it already, but the excitement over a new Guns album on internet Gn'R forums doesn't reflect at all what's going on in real life. Most people don't care about Guns outside of fan forums.

Right and rock albums that are a load of bollocks are emblematic of the state of rock as a whole. Weren't the Beatles Mono boxsets and all this shit queued for if i recall and sold out pretty lively too?

People were curious as fuck about it. Even non Gn'R fans, so yeah, many cared about it. It was talked about and talked about.

In terms of positive anticipation? I'm sorry but no it wasn't, by who, where? Fuck that, even outside of the parameters of positive anticipation, it just weren't.

That's a broader topic, but yeah shitty rock albums are emblematic of the state of rock (I think Chinese is a great album)

But there are much bigger factors then that imo. Illegal downloading of music is one. The fact most of the album leaked years before it was released had to made a difference. (for the worse)

I didn't say positive anticipation. I said people were curious about how it sounded, and people were talking about it, magazines had articles about it's release. That's far from not caring about something. You don't have to have positive thoughts about something to care about it.

Edited by Rovim

WF that is one thing that sucks about all the new technology.

In terms of music, I was in heaven when I was your age.

I was just doing some research on music released in 1989 (when I was 19) and I must have purchased 50 albums from my town's local music store. Every paycheck I'd go and buy 2-3 new albums. Browsing the internet for albums is just not the same as walking into a huge record store and browsing through thousands of albums looking for something special to buy.

Look what bands put out albums in 1989

Motley Crue, Skid Row, Stones, Rush, Queen, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Tom Petty, Faith No More, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Nine Inch Nailes, Clapton, Dylan, Chili Peppers, Neil Young, Whitesnake, Kravitz, Squire, Cult, Kiss, Wasp, Frehley, Warrant, Great White, Dangerous Toys, Tora Tora, White Lion, Enuff ZNuff, LA Guns, Danger Danger, Tesla, Junkyard, Michael Monroe

Bands used to put out an album every year or every two years. None of this 5-6 years in between albums like is the norm today.

Just imagine going to your local record store every Saturday and being able to find at least one new album you wanted to buy. I miss those days.

• Like 2

Can't wait for more songs like Street of Dreams, There Was a Time, Catcher in the Rye and This I Love.

Since Buckethead, Brain, Robin all quit, i guess more songs like those arn't possible..

The same reasons, since Slash, Duff etc all quit, more songs like Doube Talkn' Jive arn't possible..

I think the core dynamics and style could be the same but they may not be Bucket flavoured, and maybe I won't like the next evolution of GNR. I hope I do. There also be Bucket n Finck material to be released...maybe.

Edited by wasted

I think the core dynamics and style could be the same but they may not be Bucket flavoured, and maybe I won't like the next evolution of GNR. I hope I do. There also be Bucket n Finck material to be released...maybe.

Can't wait for more songs like Street of Dreams, There Was a Time, Catcher in the Rye and This I Love.

Since Buckethead, Brain, Robin all quit, i guess more songs like those arn't possible..

The same reasons, since Slash, Duff etc all quit, more songs like Doube Talkn' Jive arn't possible..

At least 18 unreleased songs are left in the vault. Axl said he always saw Chinese as a double, we only got half of the work. He also said the next album will be the same players. (Bucket and Robin) I hope that's still the case.

So yeah the Bucket/Robin material is probably done.

Thing about Catcher is that I think it's themes could possibly make it kinda hard to write more songs like it. The lyrics and vocal melody seem to dictate the music, and it has it's own vibe.

Yesterdays is like it's cousin musically, but the 2 songs are quite different so even if Axl wrote or will write a song like Catcher, I don't know if he could nail that vibe again.