My view of Kid Rock just went down the pan..

I've never owned a Kid Rock album, or do i intend to.. but, i have to admit, i like the track he did with Slash on Slash & Friends..

In recent times I go and read:

Alan Jackson and Kid Rock kick off show at SeaWorld, all the while other artists were dropping SeaWorld like a hot potato..

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/29/showbiz/seaworld-alan-jackson-kid-rock/

The next time Kid Rock appears on an another artists album, i won't be buying it..

Edited by vaida

I'm a fan of both Kid and Alan, one of the few good country singers in the past 20 years since the op doesn't know him. I'm not really hip to the whole controversy they're talking about. It won't hinder how I feel about those 2 though.

• Like 1

Kinda feel bad for Alan Jackson, I mean he ain't the best country singer of his generation but he has way too much talent to be working with KRock.

I have to defend my man a little bit. Obviously his style isn't for everyone. And he's not the best singer. But he's a self taught musician. Guitar, drums, piano, turntable. He's self produced every one of his albums except one. Writes his own songs. That's way more than most your country artists can claim.

Kid Rock does a lot more good in this world than most musicians, I won't condemn him for being misguided with regard to this one subject.

Do y'all boycott every musician that wears fur and eats meat?

He probably does more for the troops than anybody out there. He has a real love for our soldiers and they love him back.

If Kid Rock looked into it and feels their business is one he can support, that's fine. I do think people should read Sea World's rebuttal against "Blackfish". I'd love more wild animal parks, ocean expeditions and animal sanctuaries to exist instead of zoos and "Dine with Shamu".

I've never owned a Kid Rock album, or do i intend to.. but, i have to admit, i like the track he did with Slash on Slash & Friends..

In recent times I go and read:

Alan Jackson and Kid Rock kick off show at SeaWorld, all the while other artists were dropping SeaWorld like a hot potato..

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/29/showbiz/seaworld-alan-jackson-kid-rock/

The next time Kid Rock appears on an another artists album, i won't be buying it..

I very strongly agree with your stands on Sea World. And I imagine we're on pretty much the same line when it comes to Russia catching dolphins for the Olympics and Japan slaughtering them in The Cove.

I don't think I'd go as far as not buying an album just because there's a guest spot with a guy I don't agree with. I get the idea and maybe it'd stop me from buying an album too. But just a guest spot, nah. I'm pretty sure most artists I like have viewpoints I strongly disagree with if I look hard enough.

Also, I really hate Alan Jackson's guts. Even if it was just for that 9-11 song. I can't even begin to explain all the things wrong with that.

There are two sides of the story to Blackfish. I do not agree with what Seaworld does, but it's pretty ridiculous for someone to get worked up over one documentary and yet we don't know the validity of it all.

Mind you, I tend to believe most of it, but documentaries aren't truth. They are slants.

• 2 weeks later...

SeaWorld Sinks 5% on Bill to Ban California Orca Shows

Shares of SeaWorld (SEAS) sank as much as 7% on Friday amid concerns about proposed legislation that would prohibit the theme park from using orcas in its San Diego shows. cont.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/03/07/seaworld-sinks-5-on-bill-to-ban-california-orca-shows/

seaworld-whale.jpg