Slash talks Axl no-show at Guns N' Roses Hall of Fame induction

Slash has said that none of Guns N' Roses initially wanted to attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony.
The Appetite For Destruction lineup was inducted in 2012, but only Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler attended - together with later member Matt Sorum.

Read more at http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a549549/slash-talks-axl-no-show-at-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-induction.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=twdsuk

Mods, feel free to move to 'Slash' section if needed

Edited by Estranged Reality
converting link to clickable http

Thanks for posting.....cool interview and some cool pictures of Guns.

Good quote - "But I don't spend my time thinking about what you guys are thinking about! You know? It's all whatever happens, happens and in the meantime I'm doing other stuff." (like making new music etc...and having a career)

Thanks for posting.....cool interview and some cool pictures of Guns.

Good quote - "But I don't spend my time thinking about what you guys are thinking about! You know? It's all whatever happens, happens and in the meantime I'm doing other stuff." (like making new music etc...and having a career)

At the expense of VR (another band he pretty much quit on).

Yeah because it was Slash that sang all their songs.

Good to have a Slash thread here!

Nice interview. Didn't know he was releasing albums without a major label, he still gets good sales regardless.

About the HOF, everything has been said and discussed, so I'll pass. Won't be part of a possible HOF cupcake fest v. 154,056

I think that is typical Slash posey guitarist bullshit about not wanting to go (a la ''I hate Sweet Child O' Mine''). He would have been there. Slash was always going to be there. The only person more desperate in fact would be Adler.

This

Slash would kill for a reunion but what do you expect him to say publicly ? To cry about it ? Of course he says he doesnt want to, he knoes axl will never agree

• Like 1

I figure it won't be too long before we are Gn'R-educated by some kids who were in diapers during AFD who are hoping for party passes by denying Slash's importance to the Gn'R legacy.

Great interview by Slash. He's gotta be tired of these questions but to his credit he still answers them.

• Like 2

I figure it won't be too long before we are Gn'R-educated by some kids who were in diapers during AFD who are hoping for party passes by denying Slash's importance to the Gn'R legacy.

Get the fuck over it. Slash's name will never be erased from the credits of the music he helped record.

It's too bad GNR didn't put out more albums in the last decade, that would make Slash a minor footnote in the history of GNR.

Get the fuck over it. Slash's name will never be erased from the credits of the music he helped record.

It's too bad GNR didn't put out more albums in the last decade, that would make Slash a minor footnote in the history of GNR.

:lol:

Slash was put in an impossible situation.

of course he wants to reunite the original GNR.they were great.one of the greatest.

any person who had anything to do w AFD would probably jump on a reunion and not just for

money.

it's a thing called art.rock n roll is an art form.Slash is creating music,he was creating music,he

wants to share his experiences with the world through music.

GNR will always be his legacy.he played guitar on one of the best rock n roll albums of all time.

of course that should be celebrated in a dignified fashion.

but then we have our W Axl Rose or whatever ,Bill Bailey.

maybe he has childhood trauma,maybe he's bipolar,personality disorder,nobody knows.

he's acting like a paranoid recluse who has given up on life and music as a positive force.

he's not creating music.he tours SA and Vegas for retirement money.

Axl has maybe 10 years left before the voice is gone and people will miss the bs cash-grab tours 2001-2014

with the same setlist basically.because Axl was great,right?

so luckily Axl didn't drag Slash too deep into his personal hell.

it';s contagious.

Slash is still out there,having a life even,he stopped drugs,he changed.

I wish Axl all the best but I refuse to PAY any money to him or his mama.

Axl,yeah,he bought a family when he could afford one.

didn't like his own so why not buy some people who is paid to always agree?

I have lost all illusions re Axl.

How many Chinese Democracy type albums do you think it would take to make Slash a minor footnote? :lol:

Just 1 more

I can only assume this imaginary recording was a shitload better and more successful than ChiDem? Because that certainly didn't diminish Slash's legacy as a band member. If anything, it enhanced it.

Everyone that hates CD will be the first to admit the guitar work is not the problem.