May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

His mind's on his money and his money's on his mind.

What do you mean? Are they making loads of money playing in front if an Amish crowd?
I assume this is a quick show they can fit in around the date of the festival, in the vicinity of the festival, for a few quick bucks, a la Brooklyn Bowl with Governer's Ball.
Yeah I agree with that but it's not like they making money hand over fist by selling 3500 tickets split 8 ways as well as the crew. The fact that they ARE fitting in markets that they normally wouldn't is a positive thing in my opinion.

I get what you're saying, but I'm gonna have a hard time seeing any of this as more than a cynical cash grab until there is new music. Bethlehem, PA hasn't seen Hogan ears yet, and how could we deny them the pleasure? Is that the logic?

What do you mean? Are they making loads of money playing in front if an Amish crowd?
I assume this is a quick show they can fit in around the date of the festival, in the vicinity of the festival, for a few quick bucks, a la Brooklyn Bowl with Governer's Ball.
Yeah I agree with that but it's not like they making money hand over fist by selling 3500 tickets split 8 ways as well as the crew. The fact that they ARE fitting in markets that they normally wouldn't is a positive thing in my opinion.

It's just a rehearsal show for Axl

It's just a rehearsal show for Axl

That's very disrespectful to the people going. Concerts are not rehearsals.

• Like 1

This show is 3 hours away, so it's do-able. Only problem is that it's in the middle of the week, so it would require at least one vacation day from work.

I'm a "maybe" at the moment. I want to go, but I don't know if I can swing it.

Yeah same situation for me, but one plus side for me is that I can try to swap a day with someone an work that Sunday or something.

We'll see, but I'm most likely going to do this show.

Looks like a solid venue for nostalgia tours.

I'll go if tix are no more than $20.

For 20$ you can go see The Conspirators

What do The Conspirators have to do with this thread? niceguy said that if the tickets are 20 bucks he's gonna attend and support the band, what's your problem buddy?

What do The Conspirators have to do with this thread? niceguy said that if the tickets are 20 bucks he's gonna attend and support the band, what's your problem buddy?

Dude relax I'm trying to help him attend a cheap rock show that fits his budget.

Clearly he can't afford GNR :shrugs:

I'm telling you, volcano. You would like a slash show, do it!

Only if you pay :lol:

Honestly Slash doesn't bother me as much as Myles.

Pigs are flyin'!

I'm telling you, volcano. You would like a slash show, do it!

Only if you pay :lol:

Honestly Slash doesn't bother me as much as Myles.

Pigs are flyin'!

Shit, i may have to get him a ticket

?

Dude relax I'm trying to help him attend a cheap rock show that fits his budget.

Haha I don't claim to know anyone's financial status based on Internet posts. For all I know, you could be a millionaire. Same goes for me.

I'm a big believer in paying true value, never more. So, for an Axl rose show, I'd pay $20. For a Slash band, I'd pay $30, but that's because I'm a guitarist.

I saw Motely Crüe two years ago at Jones Beach. Well, my friends and I had a night time picnic on the beach outside the theater and listened for free, because tickets were $75 and that was too inflated in our opinion. Had tix been $20, I'd have bought one.

But I'm happy for all the people here who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars and take days off work to see Axl and DJ.

I can't do that, however. I'm saving my vacation days and my money for a summer trip to Asia, which in my opinion, is worth far more than seeing DJ showboat while playing Slash's WTTJ opening riff.

YMMV

?

Then don't go, but don't complain about those that are going :shrugs::blink:

Haha I don't claim to know anyone's financial status based on Internet posts. For all I know, you could be a millionaire. Same goes for me.

I'm a big believer in paying true value, never more. So, for an Axl rose show, I'd pay $20. For a Slash band, I'd pay $30, but that's because I'm a guitarist.

I saw Motely Crüe two years ago at Jones Beach. Well, my friends and I had a night time picnic on the beach outside the theater and listened for free, because tickets were $75 and that was too inflated in our opinion. Had tix been $20, I'd have bought one.

But I'm happy for all the people here who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars and take days off work to see Axl and DJ.

I can't do that, however. I'm saving my vacation days and my money for a summer trip to Asia, which in my opinion, is worth far more than seeing DJ showboat while playing Slash's WTTJ opening riff.

YMMV

Then don't go, but don't complain about those of us that are going. :shrugs::blink:

You honestly think shows of this caliber are going to be 20$? :blink:

Edited by ohlovelyrita