Rapid Fire demos... some news

RIP

Anyone who used a tragedy to push an agenda is not honouring the deceased.

Focus now should be celebrating the life of this man for those intimately

associated. Anything else is inappropriate.

Peace.

Yeah he's really pushing it. I bet he intends on becoming a multi millionaire off of this release that only Forum nerds would even consider purchasing.I'll give you Axl nut-swingers one thing though, you are consistent. I'm not sure if your post is enough to get you party passes but it's a good start. Edited by xGNRxSTARx

More than just forum nerds want to hear these recordings... sorry to burst your bubble.

You seem like one of the more rational posters on here. You think there's a market outside of these boards for nearly thirty year old Axl Rose recordings? Come on now.I can't see this selling more than 25,000 copies and that's being generous.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

If this guy KNOWS that axl doesn't have a leg to stand on the. Why has it taken 10 years to get the music out. Bullshit, if that was the case just release it no problem.

Thing is no one would give a shit if it wasn't for axl on it. Why does he not just re record the stuff he wrote with a different singer.

Because no one would give a shit. If axl doesn't want this out then that's the option if the guy just wants his music he wrote to be heard.

But you take away axl the. He has nothing

If this guy KNOWS that axl doesn't have a leg to stand on the. Why has it taken 10 years to get the music out. Bullshit, if that was the case just release it no problem.

Thing is no one would give a shit if it wasn't for axl on it. Why does he not just re record the stuff he wrote with a different singer.

Because no one would give a shit. If axl doesn't want this out then that's the option if the guy just wants his music he wrote to be heard.

Axl has unlimited resources to fight this. I do agree that Axl is the only reason 99.9% of people would be interested in these recordings.

I think he wanted Axl to have some sort of response towards it, other than through TB and lawyers.

Did anyone actually read the manifesto on the Rapidfire site?

I did. Or, at least, most of it. This guy is fucking insane.

He's pretty sure he's got the musical equivalent of an as yet unseen angle of the JFK Assassination. No dude, you have some old ass demo of a garage band from 30 years ago.

Did anyone read the descriptions of the songs? He waxes poetic like this would have dominated the radio in the late 80s. He keeps talking about "Rapidfire"...like it was ever a thing.

This dude is just lost in the weeds on this. Needs to step back and reassess.

Well Axl is a big part of the recordings, but if he no longer has the rights to the music or any old binding contract that gives him a say in music then he's out of luck.

The other members of old GNR tried suing Axl when he was getting GNR going again in the late 90's early 00's. That worked out for them...

I'd buy anything with Axl vocals on it, but if Axl has legal rights to the music than it's still his say. I hope Axl doesn't dwell on this issue too much though. I'd like to see him keep moving forward. He seems to get stuck on old issues for too long.

Well Axl is a big part of the recordings, but if he no longer has the rights to the music or any old binding contract that gives him a say in music then he's out of luck.

The other members of old GNR tried suing Axl when he was getting GNR going again in the late 90's early 00's. That worked out for them...

I'd buy anything with Axl vocals on it, but if Axl has legal rights to the music than it's still his say. I hope Axl doesn't dwell on this issue too much though. I'd like to see him keep moving forward. He seems to get stuck on old issues for too long.

I'm still not clear when Slash and Duff sued Axl over getting GNR going again, just the lawsuit having to do with using songs in movies and the 1999 tapes.

If Axl has no legal recourse, what's stopping them?

I don't get why Axl would have such a stick up his ass over this anyways. Ten years of legal mumbo jumbo over this? Really Axl?

If he doesn't want this music to be heard? You know they will market this as a Guns 'n Roses release, the only reason people will buy it is because he's on it? I'm sure if he wanted this music to be heard he'd have allowed it to be released earlier.

I don't get why Axl would have such a stick up his ass over this anyways. Ten years of legal mumbo jumbo over this? Really Axl?

It's probably Axl's lawyers working just to show something done in return for their paychecks. If kevin called him he would probably let him release the songs...theres no reason not to. Instead of the legal mumbo jumbo why not simply talk like two former friends ?

If he doesn't want this music to be heard? You know they will market this as a Guns 'n Roses release, the only reason people will buy it is because he's on it? I'm sure if he wanted this music to be heard he'd have allowed it to be released earlier.

Kim Fowley supposedly told Axl it was crap and Axl eventually agreed. If they were going to cash in big on the tape, they should have done it in 1990-1991.

If this truly "needs to be heard", then put it on Youtube.Is it about "getting to the fans"? No. Its about making a buck.But seriously, take a gander at the guy's ramblings. They are hilarious.

Intresting summary of the songs on page 30! :)

http://www.rapidfire1983.com/Rapidfire-Recordings-Web1.pdf

Oh, that's the funniest part of the whole thing, in my opinion.

Literally laughing out loud as I read that last night. At one point, he claims he played them for a huge Axl fan and it brought tears to his eyes.

It's probably Axl's lawyers working just to show something done in return for their paychecks. If kevin called him he would probably let him release the songs...theres no reason not to. Instead of the legal mumbo jumbo why not simply talk like two former friends ?

Can't tell if you are serious or being sarcastic.

If serious - you know nothing about Axl's actions over the last 25 years.

If being sarcastic - well done, it made me chuckle.

I'd be more concearned my brother died than care about shitty demo's with helium pre gnr Axl.

"In his honor" what bollocks. I sure he done more with his life than work on a shitty legal case about shitty demo's. He's doing it for himself, not his brother or anyone else.

What makes you so sure? You don't know that's the case. It's possible, but you're just guessing here man.

Well, his brother obviously had his own demons as he commited suicide. Why not combat those reasons in his honor?

Just seemed like hollywood rose managed to release demos, so this guy is wanting to cash grab on it too. Typical case of selling out your friends for money and abusing there celebrity status.

Of course i don't know the details, but why can't he just respect the singers wishes?

You are on a bit of a high horse there, fella. Now you are dictating to others what they must do with their lives? You should send the guy an email and tell him he is wrong and how he should run his life now.

"but why can't he just respect the singers wishes"........well, because his life doesn't revolve around Axl Rose's wishes. If this guy was part of that band and owns the recordings, how about if the "singer" respects HIS wishes??? Not everybody has their life and opinions based around how it makes Axl Rose feel. Axl isn't God. His wishes don't dictate what the rest of the world should do or how they should act.

That's where you're wrong, Axl IS a God.

No, he isn't.

Best rock singer of my generation - yes.

But at the end of the day, he is just a human being. No better, no worse than you are. He just has a specific talent that you don't have. I'm sure you have talents that Axl doesn't have.

I got told that Rapidfire are allegedly looking for a commercial release.

If it was a free release one could empathise.

This is not my opinion, but one could posture that Kev's desire to release the Rapidfire material for money has not had a positive outcome, and maybe there are lessons to be learned, including where to look if apportioning blame for negative things that have happened over the past 10 years.