Energy Drinks

Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard

I drink a fuckload of Lucozade. Might've drunk more of these other ones if they'd've come out more around a time where I'd need that shit but they didn't really, i know i used to drink the fuck out of Red Bull when it newly came out. When they newly came out it was great cuz you could go into a massive supermarket and cuz the cans were so thin and hardly had fuck all in em and went down so easy you could like nonchalantly have em in your hand while you walk around the shop and when you're secluded for like 10 seconds just chung it down and chuck the empty into the shelves :lol: Yeah, we had fuck all to do.

I can't be drinking a drink called Pussy, sorry :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I drink a fuckload of Lucozade. Might've drunk more of these other ones if they'd've come out more around a time where I'd need that shit but they didn't really, i know i used to drink the fuck out of Red Bull when it newly came out. When they newly came out it was great cuz you could go into a massive supermarket and cuz the cans were so thin and hardly had fuck all in em and went down so easy you could like nonchalantly have em in your hand while you walk around the shop and when you're secluded for like 10 seconds just chung it down and chuck the empty into the shelves :lol: Yeah, we had fuck all to do.

Moi circa 2011

pussyandrob.jpg

Guest Len B'stard

Moi circa 2011

pussyandrob.jpg

Yeeeeees, quite! :lol:

They are full of sugars and rubbish apparently but they do work. If I go out for a jog it seems to put a bit more fuel in the tank.

If it works for you that's fine I guess, but as an avid runner, I would never drink one of those energy drinks before a decently paced or distance run. They aren't particularly hydrating (dehydrating in some cases) and are loaded with sugar which can causing cramping during running. Fuel with healthy, unprocessed foods, and water. The effects of caffeine on athletic performance are not completely agreed upon, though there is some acknowledgement that it may do more help than harm in some cases. If you're going to drink energy drinks (or coffee) within the 2-3 hours before a run, make sure you are drinking a lot of water with it. If you're just talking about 15 minute jogs around the block, this doesn't matter so much, but for a 30+ minute run this matters a lot.

One of the biggest energy drink scams is 5 hour energy. It literally tastes like a liquified B-vitamin pill, because that's basically what it is.

For the price of 3 or 4 five-hour energy drinks, you could buy an entire bottle of B vitamin pills and caffeine pills. And neither of those has chlorinated sugar (splenda) in it, like 5 hour energy does.