April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I'm mainly excited to see Nicolas Cage present the award to Axl.

He's a massive Axl fan! He loves his piano playing in particular and one of his fab songs is... Prostitute.

I'm really hoping Axl busts out prostitute because of Cage... It's a great song, but he's only done it twice. Granted, both times in 2009/2010 it was awful, but I think it'll be one of the few songs better with a clean voice.

Will somebody record it? they go onstage at 4 am over here, I have to get up early tomorrow so I can't watch it live.

It's the age of the internet and mass communication now, dude. Trust me we dutchies won't have any shortage of coverage tomorrow. I'm wondering what the big surprise is the Golden Gods staff kept japping about (don't think it's Gn'R related, still hoping for something cool).

I hope the stream is in high enough quality and somebody can record it in a good quality Or they give us the option to watch it later. May 24 it will also be on vh1.

I just don't wanna miss it and I'm gonna kick myself in the face if I can't see it...

I'm mainly excited to see Nicolas Cage present the award to Axl.

Nicolas cage ? That's cool.

Nicolas Cage after presenting award to Axl:

klyjglz.gif

You're kinda getting on my tits. No offense meant just a friendly warning to say you've hit my radar and you'll need to do better. As you were, thank you :)

They should do a fan contest and let the winner come down to Vegas and sing sound check with the band. How cool would that be to hang out with the band and sing through a setlist similar to what Axl will play the following night?

If team Brazil is reading this then I think it would be a great idea. GNR is always secretive in everything they do. This would be a cool interaction for a lucky fan.

• Like 1

They should do a fan contest and let the winner come down to Vegas and sing sound check with the band. How cool would that be to hang out with the band and sing through a setlist similar to what Axl will play the following night?

If team Brazil is reading this then I think it would be a great idea. GNR is always secretive in everything they do. This would be a cool interaction for a lucky fan.

That would be awesome

It's a great idea but honestly, forget about it. They don't care about you as fan, they don't care what you want, they owe you nothing.

It's a great idea but honestly, forget about it. They don't care about you as fan, they don't care what you want, they owe you nothing.

I just imagine if they did audition videos that they would watch 3-4 before saying eff this! I personally wouldn't try. I know I can't sing haha