GN'R starting rehearsals

L.A. it doesn't require a studio to get prepped for a concert tour. Do you honestly think someone here would tell you where they were rehearsing, or for that matter even know? :lol::crazy:

I mean, people find out where bands are rehearsing - just look at the Stones' rehearsals. They're a big event.

That said, don't think anyone really knows for GN'R.

During the Appetite era they used to rehearse at SIR I believe. Bands sometimes hire out specific rehearsal spaces, sometimes, venues. Studios are not usually used as they are so expensive. If you were not intending to record anything, you would be in effect hiring out loads of unused equipment, consoles and computers etc.

Also, Axl seems to have a phobia about studios!

Back on MSL's old board he said he had a boot of the Nov '09 rehearsals, I can't remember name of venue now and it seems he's deleted everything since moving over to GNRTruth, could probably find it with Wayback Machine or asking him.

Where does Guns N Roses practice at? LA? Would think they'd be in studio getting prepared for the tour. Anyone know where they play at?

usally at centerstaging in burbank.

That might be where they did VH1 Storytellers, blocks from the airport.

Does anybody know if Axl is going to be at the rehearsals?

And does anybody know of any other bands where the lead singer doesn't rehearse with the rest of the band? Is this a standard thing in the rock world?

None of us know for sure if Axl will be at the rehearsals, but it's highly unlikely. He clearly doesn't rehearse, judging by his performances; and, previous bandmembers have said Axl stopped rehearsing with the band around the UYI era.

No other big-time bands behave this way. The best musicians are extreme workaholics and dead-serious about things like rehearsal. Axl just doesn't give a shit, and it shows.

• Like 4

Does anybody know if Axl is going to be at the rehearsals?

And does anybody know of any other bands where the lead singer doesn't rehearse with the rest of the band? Is this a standard thing in the rock world?

None of us know for sure if Axl will be at the rehearsals, but it's highly unlikely. He clearly doesn't rehearse, judging by his performances; and, previous bandmembers have said Axl stopped rehearsing with the band around the UYI era.

No other big-time bands behave this way. The best musicians are extreme workaholics and dead-serious about things like rehearsal. Axl just doesn't give a shit, and it shows.

Great points.

Where does Guns N Roses practice at? LA? Would think they'd be in studio getting prepared for the tour. Anyone know where they play at?

usally at centerstaging in burbank.

Actually they are in Woodland Hills, CA, rehearsing.

Well the instrumentalists will. For Axl it seems like his rehearsal time is gigs 1 and 2 of the tour.

Yeah, which is bullshit. He sounds totally unprepared the and the poor saps that bought tickets for those nights get screwed.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I forget who, but a user recently posted that they were at RIR4 and loved the show. It wasn't until they watched YouTube later that they thought it was bad.

I've been to shows that were televised and there's a world of difference between what you hear at the show, and what you hear at home, even in glorious widescreen HD. When it's something for home video release, they can spend months on trying to get the mix right. For all the bitching about the GNR DVD being delayed, how long did Led Zeppelin take to put "Celebration Day" out?

Celebration day... the delay there was that they had never really planned on recording it, it was a very last minute decision to film it. Zeppelin never said, "we're recording the o2, and it will be out in x amount of months", we got the concert and thought that was the end of it 'til 5 years down the line they announce that they have footage and are releasing it cinemas and other formats. GnR recorded the show, let people know, led people to believe it was coming shortly and... I didn't, we're close? to it now but how long have we waited?

There's a lot of editing true, plenty of cameras and you need to get the right angles etc. but, no show requires a year+ to edit and mix, Guns is a big show, but it's no bigger than Metallica:through the never (actually much smaller)... which was recorded after the residency managed to get into cinemas and is now on sales as a blue ray and dvd.

Well the instrumentalists will. For Axl it seems like his rehearsal time is gigs 1 and 2 of the tour.

Yeah, which is bullshit. He sounds totally unprepared the and the poor saps that bought tickets for those nights get screwed.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I forget who, but a user recently posted that they were at RIR4 and loved the show. It wasn't until they watched YouTube later that they thought it was bad.

I've been to shows that were televised and there's a world of difference between what you hear at the show, and what you hear at home, even in glorious widescreen HD. When it's something for home video release, they can spend months on trying to get the mix right. For all the bitching about the GNR DVD being delayed, how long did Led Zeppelin take to put "Celebration Day" out?

Celebration day... the delay there was that they had never really planned on recording it, it was a very last minute decision to film it. Zeppelin never said, "we're recording the o2, and it will be out in x amount of months", we got the concert and thought that was the end of it 'til 5 years down the line they announce that they have footage and are releasing it cinemas and other formats. GnR recorded the show, let people know, led people to believe it was coming shortly and... I didn't, we're close? to it now but how long have we waited?

There's a lot of editing true, plenty of cameras and you need to get the right angles etc. but, no show requires a year+ to edit and mix, Guns is a big show, but it's no bigger than Metallica:through the never (actually much smaller)... which was recorded after the residency managed to get into cinemas and is now on sales as a blue ray and dvd.

You are wrong.

Guns n roses have only ever aknowledged this before the show with a simple status saying it was being filmed in 3D.

Guns have never confirmed when this was going to be released.

Guns have never mentioned cinemas.

Guns never mentioned what formats it will be availible on.

And even after the website and cinemas having pre-bookings, officially GNR have not confirmed it's existance.

If you feel lied too, frustrated and constantly let down (like me) then blame rockfuel.

Someone said in this thread ( dont know who) that Axl was in reharsal before 2006 tour,yes i remember he saying he was with the band in the rehersal in a radio interview ( he was right there at the moment) and remember him saying that right now he was drinking red bull and vodka LOL, i think he does a lot of think drunk or he drinks every day.

Someone said in this thread ( dont know who) that Axl was in reharsal before 2006 tour,yes i remember he saying he was with the band in the rehersal in a radio interview ( he was right there at the moment) and remember him saying that right now he was drinking red bull and vodka LOL, i think he does a lot of think drunk or he drinks every day.

He had a drink at a rehearsals in 2006 and that means he drinks everyday?

You are wrong.

Guns n roses have only ever aknowledged this before the show with a simple status saying it was being filmed in 3D.

Guns have never confirmed when this was going to be released.

Guns have never mentioned cinemas.

Guns never mentioned what formats it will be availible on.

And even after the website and cinemas having pre-bookings, officially GNR have not confirmed it's existance.

If you feel lied too, frustrated and constantly let down (like me) then blame rockfuel.

Shouldn't blame GNR for what a film company says nor what an unofficial fan forum reports.

But it all gets mixed up and lost in the shuffle

Edited by ohlovelyrita
  • Like 1

He had a drink at a rehearsals in 2006 and that means he drinks everyday?

Of course not..... i remember this beta interview

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0155.htm

I dont know,i just think he is a heavy drinker.

• Like 1