GN'R starting rehearsals

I was hoping to learn any info about the rehearsals when i come to this thread. Instead, another Dj Ashba sucks/Slash copy thread. Excellent. Maybe we can rename this section. DJ ASHBA SUCKS DISCUSSION AND NEWS ABOUT HIS CURRENT STATUS AT SUCKING.

Agreed. Its tiresome at this point. Long past that point, actually.

We all agree about DJ sucking and the band being stuck in brain-dead mode so there's no need to transform any more threads into a "let's take a moment to reflect on how fucked up this band is right now" thread.

On topic, one week of rehearsals might mean one or two new old songs like Yesterdays or Out Ta Get Me

If they rehearsed in la, now they are going to mexico to rehearse anyone think the LA sessions were with Axl? No point in him going down for a week if they just needed to rehearse for a day or so.

Good theory. I'd buy into that.

We all agree about DJ sucking and the band being stuck in brain-dead mode so there's no need to transform any more threads into a "let's take a moment to reflect on how fucked up this band is right now" thread.

On topic, one week of rehearsals might mean one or two new old songs like Yesterdays or Out Ta Get Me

I don't agree about DJ sucking.

The band is not stuck in brain dead mode, it's just some opinions here that make that mythical state. Like it or not, for good or for worse, GNR is alive and well.

Also after seeing and hearing Dj live he don't suck at all. But i will always prefer Robin, Bucket, Izzy, Slash in that order.

Don't buy the one week only rehearsals, we don't know for sure. And certainly with almost no info.

• Like 2

The band is not stuck in brain dead mode, it's just some opinions here that make that mythical state. Like it or not, for good or for worse, GNR is alive and well.

Also after seeing and hearing Dj live he don't suck at all. But i will always prefer Robin, Bucket, Izzy, Slash in that order.

Don't buy the one week only rehearsals, we don't know for sure. And certainly with almost no info.

By saying they are in "brain dead mode" people are referring to the fact that this current line-up hasn't put out any of their own music yet, and that there is no album release date in the future. They are just touring music written by other versions of the band. Touring the classics.

If this band was recording together, releasing albums or at least playing new songs live - then people wouldn't say they were brain dead mode or just a touring band or a nostalgia act.

Brain dead mode means rehearse for a couple days and then tour all the old songs, most of which most of the band had no hand in writing.

By saying they are in "brain dead mode" people are referring to the fact that this current line-up hasn't put out any of their own music yet, and that there is no album release date in the future. They are just touring music written by other versions of the band. Touring the classics.

If this band was recording together, releasing albums or at least playing new songs live - then people wouldn't say they were brain dead mode or just a touring band or a nostalgia act.

Brain dead mode means rehearse for a couple days and then tour all the old songs, most of which most of the band had no hand in writing.

No, i prefer my explanation on brain dead. Thank you.

• Like 1

Well, you'd be wrong.......but that is clearly your prerogative.

• Like 1

If you say so, then yes. If someone here deserve the title of GOD, or even the man behind GOOGLE engine is you. You are always right. I only wish that i have the capacity of reading just one of your post till the end of it and don't fall asleep. Maybe it's my lack of english or simply im dumb. Either way im outta here. Good luck with that prerogative.

• Like 4

By any objective standard, this is not much of a band. Its a touring band that does Guns N' Roses tunes behind Axl Rose.

The current crop has been in place since 2009 and have yet to write a note together. And Ron tells us we can actually take that further back to 2006, when he joined.

If that is your definition of "alive and well", you are one liberal grader.

Some people are too deep in "thanks beta by take care of Axl" mode to see not even the bandmembers are satisfied with the band. I mean... Look at this years's status: THEY ARE BORED AS HELL. Tommy is touring with the replacements and might not play in Fortaleza or Recife or whatever, Richard is having more fun in the Dasies than in Guns N' Roses, it's like a release from his work in Guns N' Roses. Bumble is obviously bored and frustrated and seems more opmistic with A.L.I.V.E. than with Guns N' Roses and even Ashba's focusing on Sixx AM.

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 3

If you say so, then yes. If someone here deserve the title of GOD, or even the man behind GOOGLE engine is you. You are always right. I only wish that i have the capacity of reading just one of your post till the end of it and don't fall asleep. Maybe it's my lack of english or simply im dumb. Either way im outta here. Good luck with that prerogative.

Exaggerate much? Go off on tangents and make personal attacks while avoiding the actual topic.....nice tactic I guess.

If I keep my responses to you narrowed down to just 2-3 sentences, maybe that will help you be able to comprehend them?

By signing off, I take it you aren't going to tell me how my statement was actually wrong...... :shrugs:

If you don't consider this band brain dead, with a record of 15 songs released in 20 years, I'm curious to know your definition of brain dead.

Exactly!!!!

And you kept that down to one sentence. Hopefully Russell will be able to understand it.

By any objective standard, this is not much of a band. Its a touring band that does Guns N' Roses tunes behind Axl Rose.

The current crop has been in place since 2009 and have yet to write a note together. And Ron tells us we can actually take that further back to 2006, when he joined.

If that is your definition of "alive and well", you are one liberal grader.

Seems everybody but Russell understands this obvious point.

If they play Yesterdays, two things would kill Axl : probably a not up to the task at all voice, and the brutal irony.

Irony didn't seem to bother him playing 'Scraped'.

You could have also said 14 Years.

But playing Yesterdays while embracing the Dying Jukebox Tour path is mindblowing.

Some people are too deep in "thanks beta by take care of Axl" mode to see not even the bandmembers are satisfied with the band. I mean... Look at this years's status: THEY ARE BORED AS HELL. Tommy is touring with the replacements and might not play in Fortaleza or Recife or whatever, Richard is having more fun in the Dasies than in Guns N' Roses, it's like a release from his work in Guns N' Roses. Bumble is obviously bored and frustrated and seems more opmistic with A.L.I.V.E. than with Guns N' Roses and even Ashba's focusing on Sixx AM.

I was surprised by that "nobody's too precious" comment from Fortus, he's the last member I pictured getting upset/having a dig at Axl since I figured he saw himself as a touring member/session musician from day one.

I think the song Yesterdays was about the state of the original GNR.

Listen to the lyrics. You can tell Axl was figuring out that this band didn't have long in staying together.

Anyone that knew the original GNR were not surprised that they broke up. Some people were surprised that they lasted as long as they did.

It was too overwhelming for all of them and they didn't know how to handle it and evidently didn't have good enough people to help them through all the shit.

Luckily they all lived to be older and hopefully wiser, but I think they would all agree it's best they went their separate ways. Everyone has regrets, but don't live in the past. It doesn't help anything.

I love how everyone can bash DJ but if I bash Slash my posts gets deleted. Shitty modding ftw.

There's lines on what's acceptable, and you crossed it. And you should know complaining about it in public doesn't help your case ;)

• Like 2

I love how everyone can bash DJ but if I bash Slash my posts gets deleted. Shitty modding ftw.

There's lines on what's acceptable, and you crossed it. And you should know complaining about it in public doesn't help your case ;)

Why are the mods scared of "complaining in public" if it is legitimate? Just a question, don't issue a warning or ban me.

You guys are human it's normal to make bad judgments. The right thing to do is admit it and then move along.

There is a bias when it comes to you guys' precious "Slash"...let's not beat around the bush here.

Edited by volcano62