GN'R starting rehearsals

The problem is that Axl doesn't really rehearse. The band can sound great and tight, but if Axl goes out there and starts sounding like shit, then it doesn't matter....the whole band will be bashed. DJ himself mentioned that Axl did not show up to rehearsals (not even once) prior to the beginning of the 2009 tour, and that the first time he saw him rehearse was literally during that first show in Taipei.

So, history's not on Axl's side.

We don't know what he does to get ready for the tour, the band doesn't even know what routine he does, if any. The only thing he said was after shows he does some vocal exercises. Why after and not before... have to talk to a vocal coach about that I guess.

The speculation on where the rehearsals - maybe the Forum in Ingle-hood.

Edited by dalsh327

Well the instrumentalists will. For Axl it seems like his rehearsal time is gigs 1 and 2 of the tour.

Yeah, which is bullshit. He sounds totally unprepared the and the poor saps that bought tickets for those nights get screwed.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I forget who, but a user recently posted that they were at RIR4 and loved the show. It wasn't until they watched YouTube later that they thought it was bad.

I've been to shows that were televised and there's a world of difference between what you hear at the show, and what you hear at home, even in glorious widescreen HD. When it's something for home video release, they can spend months on trying to get the mix right. For all the bitching about the GNR DVD being delayed, how long did Led Zeppelin take to put "Celebration Day" out?

Rehearsals are part of their contract, I'm sure. This doesn't mean that the employees love making music together so much that they decided to hang out and jam.

Axl, of course, will not be at the rehearsals.

Rehearsals should be the excuse to get all the members of Axl's band together and start writing music, that's with or without Axl. That's why I think the whole "we haven't had the opportunity to be together in the same room to write new music" is bullshit.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Rehearsals are part of their contract, I'm sure. This doesn't mean that the employees love making music together so much that they decided to hang out and jam.

Axl, of course, will not be at the rehearsals.

I could see that being true. I know I always like to get paid when I work.

Last time we saw Axl rehearsing wasn't that long ago, mid-way through Vegas rehearsals (my guess is it had to do with Catcher and TWAT):

387875_10151252882276907_1724211421_n.jp\\

789c3fac292e11e2868c123138178ded_7.jpg

Totally forgot about that and yeah, I think you're right. I wanna say that was right before the show I went to on 11/07 since they did CitR, TWaT and The Seeker for the first time that night.

Since I watched part of the Use Your Illusions dvds, everyone who knew Axl said he never rehearsed with the band. he would take his time in his backstage room and then take the stage.

Everyone said that's how Axl worked, so I'm thinking he still doing the same thing. he does his own thing without the band and then nails it onstage.

One of the guys on the dvd said Dean Martin never rehearsed with anyone either and he was one of the greatest performers ever. I mean the guy sang with Frank and you know if you screwed up with Frank, you'd never work again.

I think if it works for Axl he should stick with it.