Guitar Gods- Yngwie, Bumblefoot, and Uli Jon Roth!! USA TOUR

New dates added including Buffalo (Akron) NY on June 15th

http://www.yngwiemalmsteen.com/yngwie/guitar-gods/

Probably gonna do Sayreville or Englewood. Englewood would actually work better, as we're flying out of JFK the next day to head to Europe.

Maybe you can do Buffalo on the 15th so we can have two Forum members representing?! I'm pretty sure the venue is GA.

http://www.braunsbar.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

New dates added including Buffalo (Akron) NY on June 15th

http://www.yngwiemalmsteen.com/yngwie/guitar-gods/

Probably gonna do Sayreville or Englewood. Englewood would actually work better, as we're flying out of JFK the next day to head to Europe.

Maybe you can do Buffalo on the 15th so we can have two Forum members representing?! I'm pretty sure the venue is GA.

http://www.braunsbar.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Done. This is SO much better for me. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

How is this GN'R news?

I d-o-n-t c-a-r-e

Great, then don't read the thread? :shrugs:

We merged the Side Projects forum with D&N a few weeks ago, so now everything having to do with a GN'R member past or present goes here.

I know that, sadly. It was pretty telling when he said he didn't know what the status of Atlas Shrugged is despite playing a solo on it.

These days in GNR the reaction if somebody says there's no touring coming up = a false flag mental reaction of

man-in-crowd-screaming.gif

even if we know it 99% means downtime then another CD tour but I suppose its better than an Axl hibernation. Though we kinda got a record last time he went awol.

• Like 1

I think it all comes down to Axl's unwillingness to compromise. He's always had that in him of course, and I always found it admirable up until the point recently where that unwillingness superseded any drive or will to succeed.

To put it another way, being uncompromising and unwilling to bend on things is cool when you have a grand vision. When you and your band have become a sloppy, directionless, worn out mess and you still refuse to try anything you're just an obstinate douche who's working against himself.

Edited by tomfriend

His stubborn attitude towards haters had a grain of nobility when he was out there pushing Democracy all those years, I believe he waited two years too long but I guess Axl is a complicated guy with the luxury to over compensate for his faults and convolutions, hence we got CD in 2008 when it would've been just fine maybe not having whatever few tracks were formed after 06. It was fine enough since he had the time on his side to support the record after and went through with his intention and performances were shit hot and dynamic, building toward something else. We know what there is now, still a very good live show but going thru the motions and weaker than it was, when it occurred in its proper place.

The perception he may or may not have about 'going against the haters' is detrimental to his loyalest fanbase cause the mygnr nutjobs are what truly hold weight for the crusade he fought for ten years, the casuals will either ridicule him or come for nostalgia, they bring the cashflow in, but he has plenty of that, whether he has a good slice of catharsis with just one record and no regard for 'what could I have done' is up to him. I get that the label might've rejected a follow up but I don't even know if they recorded anything, he's never given an indication of his intentions, that is also typical Axl's stubborness/mystique working against him, a rapport with the kinda intense nutjobs he'd have been if social media was around in the 70's (probably reserved for Queen/Zeppelin message boards) would imo bring him a lot of things, rather than live in the bubble he does.

This all ties in to BBF rumours of leaving, which everyone can understand, I'm sure Axl gets his frustrations underneath, it just perplexes me how they don't even seem to communicate fucking SIMPLE conflicts like this...

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 1

I think $25 is a fair price for this show. I'm not sure how much tickets are in other markets but the Buffalo show is $25 and if you get your tickets online and pick them up at will call through the venue I don't believe there are additional charges.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I think $25 is a fair price for this show. I'm not sure how much tickets are in other markets but the Buffalo show is $25 and if you get your tickets online and pick them up at will call through the venue I don't believe there are additional charges.

I think $25 is a good price even if this was just Yngwie. Throw in BBF, UJR, and Gary Hoey and it's a great package for the price.

I think $25 is a good price even if this was just Yngwie. Throw in BBF, UJR, and Gary Hoey and it's a great package for the price.

I'm mostly going for Ron. I don't know anything by Hoey except his one hit from 20 years ago. I dig the Scorpions so I'll watch UJR and I'm definitely staying to watch Malmsteen even though I don't know any of his songs.

I bet Ron gets 45 minutes so I doubt we will hear any Gn'R tunes but maybe he'll toss a couple in.

The shirts will probably be more expensive than the tickets though I can't see Ron charging more than $25 for his unless the tour makes him set the price at $30-35.

Anyway I'm thinking this will be a good show and it's basically $6 per band though I prefer to think of it as $19 for Ron, $3 for UJR, $2 for Malmsteen and $1 for Hoey.

Buckethead mops the floor with all of em..

Yes to all except for BBF.

BH is awesome, but too random. BBF is technician (which is harder to do) while BH is more free flowing. Both have their upsides, but I see myself watching BBF in frustration more than BH.

And of course UJR is a legend for his work with Scorpions. By far their best period IMO.

Edited by Evil Ernie

My friend is thinking of buying a V.I.P. ticket but as someone who is primarily going to see Ron I'm not sure if it's worth that for me. I may rather just spend $25 to get in and another $25-30 on a Bumblefoot t-shirt.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

My friend is thinking of buying a V.I.P. ticket but as someone who is primarily going to see Ron I'm not sure if it's worth that for me. I may rather just spend $25 to get in and another $25-30 on a Bumblefoot t-shirt.

I'm on the fence about the VIP too. It does come with a decent amount of merch too at least.

I might wait and see if I meet him in Vegas before I decide :lol:

Buckethead mops the floor with all of em..

Bullshit. Yngwie would play Bucket's stuff a lot easier than Bucket playing Yngwie's stuff. Yngwie would start playing those classical pieces and Buckethead would be lost just like everyone else is when Yngwie plays them. Satriani and Vai both admit to being inferior to Yngwie, and both of them are more advanced than Buckethead is. You Buckethead fans need to really lay off the crack pipe...

I just want to say that I love Yngwie. I own all of his records.

IMO Yngwie can only play Yngwie. I've never heard him play any different. Same with BH, I think he's more diverse than YJM but in the end you always know that it's BH. When Joe and Satch said that I'm pretty sure that they were talking about playing HIS STYLE, because it's true that nobody can play quite like him. You want proof? Watch the performance of Jimmy Kimmel Live or any other performance when he's jamming with another band, he's not a big 'in the pocket' player. He's been in Yngwie land too long, plus I think that motor cycle accident in the early 90's really fucked him up.

IMO Ron, Joe and Steve are all incredible students of the game that few guitar players can or will ever reach.

I'm on the fence about the VIP too. It does come with a decent amount of merch too at least.

I might wait and see if I meet him in Vegas before I decide :lol:

Forget V.I.P. all four guys will be signing autographs and taking pics at Noon at the Guitar Center on Niagara Falls Boulevard in Buffalo on the day of the show. No performance scheduled though I wouldn't put it past Bumble to jam there. This kinda makes the $500 Yngwie meet and greet for Malmsteen worthless unless someone really wants the guitar strap or whatever you get with it. Edited by xGNRxSTARx

If this tour were coming anywhere near me, I'd go for sure. Maybe they'll add more (closer) dates later on.

I think this is it as far as dates. My show is about 45 minutes away but the autograph signing is only a ten minute drive.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx