As someone who hasn't had real access to the forum in about a week, what the hell is going on exactly?

Evidently a bunch of terrible things happened and I'm way behind.

What DVD is being delayed? London? And what does Slash have to do with it? Is he blocking it because of the old guns songs? If so how is it he can release DVDs with guns songs as a solo artist but nuguns can't?

Are they not playing Mexico?

What happened to Vegas?

Excuse my ignorance and perhaps laziness but I can't be the only one not totally with it at the moment.

The Vegas cinema release has been cancelled, rockfuel tells us the problems are coming from original members, other sources point specifically to Slash.

The festival in Mexico was cancelled due to "security reasons"

Vegas cinema event is cancelled, and the DVD is (presumably) postponed. Rockfuel said that former members were the cause of the holdup, and Subsy had a reliable source say it's Slash in specific; he's either causing waves to get more royalty money, or just to spite Axl.

Mexico cancelled due to safety issues with the venue (we think?). First gig will be Rio (uh oh).

If by "what happened to Vegas" you mean the next residency, nothing - it's still a go.

Gonna lock this as we have threads already going to discuss each of these incidents individually ;)

Teejay, thanks for making this thread. It got us talking in the mod section about maybe reviewing our approach and maybe merging threads a little bit less, particularly as new events arise (such as with the DVD). Following a long "megathread" is all good if you're here every day, but it's hard to keep up for those that log in less frequently when 20 pages have gone by.

I'll talk about this further in the Ask Admin thread, but we'll try to work on things where we merge enough threads to clear up the clutter, but allow new developments / stories to be discussed in seperate threads where appropriate.

• Like 4

If Slash is stupid enough to sign a contract to completely sign over the name rights. He is stupid enough to sign a loyality contract that will allow him back in the band upon being terminated of the current band losing all loyality rights ever for adjusting loyality prices. Come on Axl, you know you can do it. Get Slash back in the band for 30 seconds and fire him for any reason.

• Like 2

this is the most useful thread ever. Us 'casual' forum-goers appreciate the succinct news. Better than having to prowl through pages of flamewars and trolling to get information.

This ^^^^ Especially as I mostly view the forum on my phone these days and it can be a right cunt trawling through page after page of nested quotes.

This is exactly why I think giant ass 200 page general threads are forum cancer.

Sorry for the slight tangent but on my phone the pic of Axl in your avatar totally looks like Kirby. :lol:

Kirby_(KRTDL).png

• Like 1

Maybe pin the Guns n Roses newswire sub forum at the top of this one. I forget it's there and I'm here most days. Or bring back the scrolling news banner.

I agree the long threads are difficult to follow especially on a phone.

Going very o/t where is ER? I've missed reading a good ER post on the latest happenings.

Maybe pin the Guns n Roses newswire sub forum at the top of this one. I forget it's there and I'm here most days. Or bring back the scrolling news banner.

Going very o/t where is ER? I've missed reading a good ER post on the latest happenings.

I know he was out of town last week, got back a few days ago. Jetlag maybe? :shrugs:

Well, there ought to be a ticker or post of developing stories and rumors, specific to things that seem to be trending on the forum. The real news like tour dates and twitter updates are covered really well. However with this band there are so many things of interest that can't be called news because it's not official, but you can easily get lost if you don't know basic aspects of the story.

I just got an email that said the Mexico festival was on and GNR was headlining Sunday night.

Also about getting Las Vegas tickets and the VIP GNR experience.

If the Mexico festival is cancelled someone needs to update their GNR info.

Everything's going according to plan as usual.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - J.Lennon

Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus, but I'd still have to bum rides off of people.